Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:25:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377162 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4050 on August 25, 2019, 08:46:41 am by SydneyRover »
''No-deal Brexit would shrink UK's global influence, say ex-ambassadors

Former senior diplomats write to PM urging him to ‘signal a different approach’ at G7 summit''

''Johnson told reporters during a visit to Devon: “I’m afraid we will have to prepare to come out without an agreement and we can do that. We are very confident that we will be OK because we will have all sorts of preparations in place''

Sick bags and disposable nappies at the ready.

''https://www.independenceaustralia.com/info/health-tips/pads

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/24/no-deal-brexit-would-shrink-uk-global-influence-say-ex-ambassadors

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4051 on August 25, 2019, 05:31:17 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Very confident we'll be OK?  WE'LL BE O f**kING K?  What happened to taking back control, countries lining up to give us great trade deals?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4052 on August 25, 2019, 05:36:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye. And a month ago it was 1,000,000/1 against No Deal according to the liar who now leads the country. Now it's touch and go.

And THAT is without a single second of negotiations.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4053 on August 25, 2019, 06:01:27 pm by albie »
Trump is promising BoJo a great trade deal...the best!

Here is what it means in Canada, where they secured a deal;
https://actions.sumofus.org/a/lone-pine-drop-usd250-million-lawsuit-against-canada-now

That won't happen here though, will it?
Not with us taking back control.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4054 on August 27, 2019, 11:04:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the best summary I've read of where we currently are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MatthewdAncona/status/1166065686394937344

We've got an utterly amoral, pathological liar as PM, being advised by the megalomaniac Cummings and they are driving us into the most horrific political crisis in many, many decades.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4056 on August 27, 2019, 10:18:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is a fascinating insight into values in Brexit Britain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1166434723901693952

Sanni worked for the Leave campaign. He then turned whistleblower about how they had used Cambridge Analytica to illegal profile gullible voters and target their social media feed with lies.

The response from No 10 was to out him as gay.

Imagine the shite that caused him as a Muslim.

And the person who orchestrated that outing has just been recommended for a peerage.

f**k. Me.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4057 on August 28, 2019, 07:54:27 am by SydneyRover »
Spot the difference.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49482032

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGt3QmRSZY&t=26&feature=youtu.be

It would be good to hear from from our brexit brains trust on this one to get an understanding of what they were thinking about brexit when they were hearing the loud and clear message that the UK would stay in a CU and being persuaded a Norway deal was a good deal to what is being rolled out now that no-deal is the best option. I'm thinking I'd want my money back if I'd bought into the former and got the latter bst.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4058 on August 28, 2019, 01:40:49 pm by MachoMadness »
No Deal the only acceptable Brexit, according to Farridge. Definitely what he was saying in 2016, yep. No need to fact check him on that one, guys! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49482032

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4059 on August 28, 2019, 02:36:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Macho.

Here you go.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/why_vote_leave.html

The official Vote Leave position in 2016. That's Vote Leave headed by...errr....Oh yeah! Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings.

Look at the slideshow on that page.

Two things jump out to me.

1) On the 11th slide they say (their OWN f**kING WORDS!) "Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden step - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave."

2) Even better. Page 8. They say (their OWN f**kING WORDS) "We need to be able to hold our lawmakers to account".

Deception the whole f**king way. Topped off by a coup this morning.

I want to hear from a Brexit supporter how those claims match with where we are now, today.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4060 on August 28, 2019, 02:38:21 pm by SydneyRover »
You won't

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4061 on August 28, 2019, 02:42:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
For balance BST - the legislation was voted through parliament under a PM who voted and campaigned for remain.....

Vote leave are not the government, they can't be held to account for decisions made afterwards as they aren't solely their decisions.

Farage is a different matter...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4062 on August 28, 2019, 02:58:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

Vote Leave was run by Cummings and Johnson. Those were THEIR words.

Farage is nothing to do with this. He peddled his racist filth and lies through Leave.EU.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4063 on August 28, 2019, 05:16:37 pm by scawsby steve »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4064 on August 28, 2019, 05:42:08 pm by SydneyRover »
can't

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4065 on August 28, 2019, 06:19:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is that it SS?

It's just a game where you can pull any stunt as long as you win and get away with it.

Is that it with you? No need to face up to lies and deception. We won, suck it up. Is that it?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4066 on August 28, 2019, 07:45:27 pm by scawsby steve »
Is that it SS?

It's just a game where you can pull any stunt as long as you win and get away with it.

Is that it with you? No need to face up to lies and deception. We won, suck it up. Is that it?

Billy, you know my opinion about politicians. As a kid, I always loved the circus, and my favourites were the clowns. Well I've got a ringside seat now, and there's 650 f*cking clowns. Can't go wrong can I?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4067 on August 28, 2019, 07:48:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS

Then you have zero respect for the democratic system that underpins this country.

Don't EVER claim to be a democrat again. You're justifying absolute power for 1 person. Be man enough to admit that's what you're doing.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4068 on August 28, 2019, 08:13:53 pm by scawsby steve »
SS

Then you have zero respect for the democratic system that underpins this country.

Don't EVER claim to be a democrat again. You're justifying absolute power for 1 person. Be man enough to admit that's what you're doing.

I've never claimed to be anything on here. I leave that to people who know me. Nor have I justified anything anybody does in modern politics.

However, if YOU'RE claiming to be a democrat, then justify 17.4 million people being told to f*ck off.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4069 on August 28, 2019, 08:14:22 pm by wilts rover »
Is that it SS?

Billy, you know my opinion about politicians. As a kid, I always loved the circus, and my favourites were the clowns. Well I've got a ringside seat now, and there's 650 f*cking clowns. Can't go wrong can I?

Future Mrs Wilts Rover's middle daughter used to work in circus. It went bust in the middle of a tour and she (and everyone else) lost all her wages and had a make her own way home from the middle of France.

Motto - them clowns are not always funny or to be trusted...and what are you going to do when the circus is over?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4070 on August 28, 2019, 08:22:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Is that it SS?

Future Mrs Wilts Rover's middle daughter used to work in circus. It went bust in the middle of a tour and she (and everyone else) lost all her wages and had a make her own way home from the middle of France.

Motto - them clowns are not always funny or to be trusted...and what are you going to do when the circus is over?

To be honest Wilts, it was over a long time ago for me, along with lots of other things. I've still got the Rovers though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4071 on August 28, 2019, 08:24:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Go on SS. Tell me where I've ever told Leavers to f**k off.

I've said for 2 years now that we need a second referendum,not because I didn't like the result of the first. Because the first was a sham.

It was a sham, firstly because it was a binary choice on a non-binary question. It was a sham secondly because of the extent of law breaking on the Leave side. And it was a sham thirdly because we now know that a the entire Leave case was based on deception.

How does asking for a Referendum make someone anti-democratic?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4072 on August 28, 2019, 08:29:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Is that it SS?

I'd go straight for the Juggler.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4073 on August 28, 2019, 08:33:34 pm by scawsby steve »
Go on SS. Tell me where I've ever told Leavers to f**k off.

I've said for 2 years now that we need a second referendum,not because I didn't like the result of the first. Because the first was a sham.

It was a sham, firstly because it was a binary choice on a non-binary question. It was a sham secondly because of the extent of law breaking on the Leave side. And it was a sham thirdly because we now know that a the entire Leave case was based on deception.

How does asking for a Referendum make someone anti-democratic?

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Parliament, who swore to uphold the Referendum result, and reneged.

That's why I no longer have any respect for British politics.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4074 on August 28, 2019, 08:39:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS

Who brought down May's deal?

Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Patel and the rest of the Tory right.

If they'd voted for May's deal, we'd have been out in March.

Now that lot are running the country.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4075 on August 29, 2019, 06:28:24 am by SydneyRover »
Hi BB, while you are here why don't you tell us what you want from brexit and how it will improve the country, you appear to want to be the smart cookie, no-one else can.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4076 on August 29, 2019, 06:36:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
I want to be the smart cookie? That, coming from you really does take the biscuit.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4077 on August 29, 2019, 06:56:15 am by SydneyRover »
I want to be the smart cookie? That, coming from you really does take the biscuit.

But still no answer

Time period 2070, britain a poor isolated country and reduced to being the rump of Europe. Dad, dad, why did we allow the rich people to take over parliament and leave the EU all those years ago, be quiet and eat your chlorinated chicken, no one seems to know it's like a lot of the people were mesmerised couldn't control their own brains and make rational decisions, some blamed the russians, I guess we'll never know for sure.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4078 on August 29, 2019, 07:06:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
If I pretended to have all the answers and the ability to read the future I'd be as guilty as what I accuse you of being. THAT is the whole point!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4079 on August 29, 2019, 07:18:17 am by SydneyRover »
The real point is BB you don't even know what you want and you can't tell us in what way the country will be better with brexit can you? so you don't really have any answers just a blind faith in a process that has cost the country the better part of 100bn to date and caused the country to split down the middle.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012