Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:57:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377209 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4590 on October 04, 2019, 12:57:14 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Dead simple Steve it's time the adults told our representatives that we're fed up with chaos, fed up with the UK sinking into the fiscal swamp, fed up with the tories rule after going on 10 wasted years of mayhem and tell them we want to kick farage and brexit into touch. We are the employers they work for us we pay them, maybe it's time for everyone to get out on the streets.

Dead right Sydney, they do work for us, 17.4 million of us. As regards kicking Farage and Brexit into touch, you'll get your chance to do that in the voting booths; just as soon as your people stop sh*tting their pants and agree to a GE.

Bugger off, they represent everybody in their constituency, including those that didn't vote for them so stop trying to re-invent their job description. I've yet to hear of a constituency with an electorate of 17.4 million. Mind you, it does beg the question - how many MPs do you think the 16 million get to work for them?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:00:12 am by Glyn_Wigley »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4591 on October 04, 2019, 01:15:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Albie.

If you're really in favour of peace in Ireland, don't go wishing for a unification poll.

Just don't. Ever.

The genius of the GFA was that it gave both sides enough to think they had won enough. It gave them enough to make it reasonable enough to stop bombing, shooting and using meat saws and chisels to dismember those of the opposite persuasion. It is one of the crowning glories of late 20th century British politics, finding a solution to a 300 year old insoluble problem.

People who talk about unification are as flagrantly f**king about with that balance and the peace as those who talk about borders between NI and Ireland. Just don't do it.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4592 on October 04, 2019, 01:45:56 am by albie »
BST,

You have not understood my post.

The GFA includes provision for a border poll, if triggered by changes to the arrangements set out under the GFA. The Johnson deal may trigger such an action.

I did not give an opinion on what SHOULD happen, although you mistakenly think I did.
Whether you or I think it is for the best, or for the worst, is nothing to the point.

My point was that a consideration of option 2 could be generated by the current proposal, if border controls are re-established.

The GFA will need to be re-examined in relation to any outcome which is different to the current status quo.

There are serious questions about the viability of the NI economy under UK control after the departure of the UK from the EU, none of which are addressed in the Johnson deal.

The business community in NI have been flagging this up, with no response to the tariff issues.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4593 on October 04, 2019, 06:37:27 am by SydneyRover »
Dead simple Steve it's time the adults told our representatives that we're fed up with chaos, fed up with the UK sinking into the fiscal swamp, fed up with the tories rule after going on 10 wasted years of mayhem and tell them we want to kick farage and brexit into touch. We are the employers they work for us we pay them, maybe it's time for everyone to get out on the streets.

Dead right Sydney, they do work for us, 17.4 million of us. As regards kicking Farage and Brexit into touch, you'll get your chance to do that in the voting booths; just as soon as your people stop sh*tting their pants and agree to a GE.

Steve to keep quoting 17.4 m and saying they were dudded is wrong by the plain fact that it wasn't binding which were the rules under which it was taken. You appear to be misrepresenting the conditions of the vote. You cannot change the rules after the vote, if the vote had been declared binding beforehand who knows how many more or less would have voted that didn't or did, how many from either side would have voted differently? It would be like having a GE and then changing the rules afterwards.

To now declare the vote binding because it favours your view of what should happen is misrepresenting the whole of the UK's voting population.

Taking back control is showing farge, johnson and corbyn that we will not be pushed around.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4594 on October 04, 2019, 09:32:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
It WAS binding. The Prime Minister said so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4595 on October 04, 2019, 10:37:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I own the Moon.

There. I've just said it so it must be true.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4596 on October 04, 2019, 10:42:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Albie.

Point taken. My apologies if I misread you.

I stand by my general point though. There is nothing more likely to kick off another generation of violence in NI than serious talk of a unification ballot. Both sides need to feel that they have got enough out of the situation to keep a lid on things. Personally, I can see nothing but a GFA type approach working for 2-3 generations. Maybe more.

May e one day the concept of identity determined by nationality will fade away and with it, the core of the problem.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4597 on October 04, 2019, 10:45:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
This same argument again, we didnt get the result we wanted hence lets ignore it.  All sides promised a binding once in a lifetime decision and then all promised they'd implement it.

Still waiting.....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4598 on October 04, 2019, 11:17:41 am by Bentley Bullet »
I own the Moon.

There. I've just said it so it must be true.
The pub that used to be in Carcroft? No wonder they knocked it down.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4599 on October 04, 2019, 12:01:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP.

And there's the rub.

What WAS the decision in 2016? What was the clear and unambiguous direction that The Will Of The People said?

The fact that the concept of "Leave" is so vague is precisely the reason why we're still flapping about 40 months on.

In 2016, most people would have considered an outcome where we ended up being like Norway would constitute "Leave". Do you agree?

40 months on, that's not even in the agenda because the far right of British politics has hijacked Brexit and has proclaimed that a Norway deal would be a betrayal of The Will Of The People.

And THAT is why we have to look at the decision again. To get clarity that everyone can buy into, not to have a far right interpretation imposed on us with no democratic validity.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4600 on October 04, 2019, 04:10:27 pm by Not Now Kato »
How much more will it take for leavers to realise they've been conned?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-environment-rules-trump-trade-deal-a9143221.html

Taking back control? MY ARSE!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4601 on October 04, 2019, 04:44:20 pm by SydneyRover »
As we have all been predicting Kato, prices will go up for everything except the UK labor force that will be sold down the river thames.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4602 on October 04, 2019, 04:48:43 pm by wilts rover »
This same argument again, we didnt get the result we wanted hence lets ignore it.  All sides promised a binding once in a lifetime decision and then all promised they'd implement it.

Still waiting.....

They certainly did not all promise they would implement it - anything but! Farage said if Remain won he wanted a 2nd referendum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4603 on October 04, 2019, 05:06:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If Remain had won there would have been nothing to implement, It would have been status quo! No one would have stopped us continuing being in the EU! Totally different to now where we have been prevented from leaving for 3 years!

Farage merely insisted he would continue to fight to leave. Absolutely and completely different!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4604 on October 04, 2019, 05:10:16 pm by SydneyRover »
Take your complaints to your own party they're the ones that stopped brexit

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4605 on October 04, 2019, 05:14:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If that was entirely the case you'd absolutely love the Tories.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4606 on October 04, 2019, 05:19:59 pm by scawsby steve »

Bugger off, they represent everybody in their constituency, including those that didn't vote for them so stop trying to re-invent their job description. I've yet to hear of a constituency with an electorate of 17.4 million. Mind you, it does beg the question - how many MPs do you think the 16 million get to work for them?

First of all, don't tell me to bugger off. The reason I mentioned 17.4 million people was that they're the ones who most of the MP's are not working for, since promising to honour the referendum result.

As far as I'm concerned, they're just a bunch of cheating, conning, conniving shysters. None of them will get my vote. Not ever again.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4607 on October 04, 2019, 05:32:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Still waiting.....

They certainly did not all promise they would implement it - anything but! Farage said if Remain won he wanted a 2nd referendum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Gem of a comment by Farage there.
"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way."

That should be projected on his forehead everything he's interviewed.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4608 on October 04, 2019, 05:38:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So if Farage was wrong to insist on a second referendum had he lost, why are Remoaners not wrong now?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4609 on October 04, 2019, 07:36:38 pm by SydneyRover »
I think it shows what a 4 faced tw@t fargo is

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4610 on October 04, 2019, 07:50:47 pm by IDM »

First of all, don't tell me to bugger off. The reason I mentioned 17.4 million people was that they're the ones who most of the MP's are not working for, since promising to honour the referendum result.

As far as I'm concerned, they're just a bunch of cheating, conning, conniving shysters. None of them will get my vote. Not ever again.

When you and others harp on about 17.4 million, don’t forget there are about 16 million plus who voted remain, and around a further 10 million in the electorate who didn’t vote.

Parliament represents all of them, doesn’t it.?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4611 on October 04, 2019, 08:11:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

When you and others harp on about 17.4 million, don’t forget there are about 16 million plus who voted remain, and around a further 10 million in the electorate who didn’t vote.

They're there to represent the population of 70 million, not just the 32 million who voted at the last election and certainly not just 17.4 million who keep banging on about democracy not being respected by other people.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:14:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4612 on October 04, 2019, 09:32:38 pm by scawsby steve »

So if the result doesn't count, what was the point of the referendum in the first place?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4613 on October 04, 2019, 09:33:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You asking us or Farage SS?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4614 on October 04, 2019, 09:40:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So if the result doesn't count, what was the point of the referendum in the first place?

It was to get the UKIP monkey off the Conservatives back, nothing else. And it backfired and we've all paid the price since.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4615 on October 04, 2019, 10:29:34 pm by IDM »

Where did I say the result doesn’t count.?

I was fairly sure my point was that Parliament represents all the electorate - nothing more, nothing less..

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4616 on October 05, 2019, 08:21:46 am by hoolahoop »
REFERENDUM RESULT TO CUT OUT THE VAGUE FIGURES BANDED ABOUT :

13,000,000 DID NOT VOTE OR HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO VOTE !!

---------------------------------------------------------
Total       46,500,001
Leave   17,410,742   51.89%
Remain   16,141,241   48.11%
Valid    33,551,983   99.92%
Invalid or blank votes   25,359   0.08%
Total votes   33,577,342   100.00%
Registered voters/turnout

Apologies for the caps.. .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:19:23 pm by hoolahoop »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4617 on October 05, 2019, 08:31:29 am by drfchound »

Total       46,500,001

Yep, 13 million didn’t bother to vote.
I wonder how many of those are primary moaners now (whichever side they are whinging about).

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #4618 on October 05, 2019, 11:13:15 am by Axholme Lion »

Total       46,500,001

I wonder how many of those are primary moaners now (whichever side they are whinging about).

If you don't vote, you don't have any right to complain about the outcome, in my opinion.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4619 on October 05, 2019, 12:22:29 pm by hoolahoop »

Total       46,500,001

That was exactly the point I was trying to make that's a lot of people - time we were made to vote like the Aussie system.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012