Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:41:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377230 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4920 on October 19, 2019, 06:19:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
But years on how many do you think would change there vote? Very few at a guess looking at other social media and people I speak to as many have said they would vote leave now, no problem
With having a opinion and it might well be right but stop with the people didn’t know what they voted for, they were lied to and everything else, accept that people views vary and they have there own reasons for leaving not just financial in the short/medium term

Ok so people voted knowingly to be poorer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4921 on October 19, 2019, 06:34:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I did.  Dont start with the b*llocks that all leave voters are thick, it is not the case.

Naïve is probably the word.

Capable of making a decision. I understand the politics, economics and business impact.  I'm not naive enough to say it is all perfect either, but for my own reasons made that choices good and bad.

Given you know nothing of my background you cannot really say anything and we should all respect alternate views, unfortunately some clearly do not.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4922 on October 19, 2019, 06:39:59 pm by albie »
Our old mate Flint was true to form, and backed Johnson.
I think she is the only Labour MP looking for re-election to do so. The other 5 are standing down.

She is getting a schooling on twitter;
https://twitter.com/CarolineFlintMP/status/1185313243159580672

Jesus!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4923 on October 19, 2019, 07:59:06 pm by Donnywolf »
Well dont forget those nasty EU-ites "forced" us into all those nasty Zero Hours Contacts !!!

According to HER. Get shut of her. Amazing to think she stood in middle of Donny screaming in support of Corbyn imploring people to vote Remain

If she is my potential MP next Election I will vote for someone else (anybody but her or Tory candidate). I will change my mind IF Labour are running on a revoke Article 50 ticket - otherwise forget it

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4924 on October 19, 2019, 08:14:21 pm by SydneyRover »
Can ppl please try and stop saying ''respect the referendum'' which was a bad idea, badly executed, corrupt, the ppl were misinformed and uneducated in what it meant and it's implications, it was the biggest pile of dogshit ever.
your words are 1 big reason people will not change there mind, people did no what they were voting for and that was leaving the eu, that is why so few if any have changed there minds

Do you ever have any citations, polling etc to back up what you write bp, where does it come from?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4925 on October 19, 2019, 08:19:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

Your post sums up the problem.

You can't define what "leaving the EU" means.

Norway isn't in the EU. Farage says (now) that Johnson's deal which means a FAR bigger separation from the EU than Norway has, is not really leaving.

You see the point. You CANNOT say you were voting to leave the EU and that's that.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #4926 on October 19, 2019, 08:23:36 pm by foxbat »
some trying to help those who are suffering Flint as their MP

Alex Andreou‏Verified account @sturdyAlex

I know passions are inflamed and Corbyn is trying to accommodate divergent views, but @CarolineFlintMP went further than mere disagreement in her interventions today. She’s actively promoting a right-wing government and attacking colleagues. She should face disciplinary action.

Iain4Europe #FBPE
I agree! @jeremycorbyn & @UKLabour what action will be taken against Caroline Flint for her actions today?

as steve richards points out

steve richards‏ @steverichards14
Big cheers from right wing Conservatives for intervention of @CarolineFlintMP ..a heroine for those seeking to turbo charge Thatcherism outside the EU.

following her 'contribution' to Brexit

Caroline Flint‏Verified account @CarolineFlintMP
The Letwin Amendment was a result of the Benn Act not expecting a UK/EU WA Deal back today thereby triggering an extension to 31 Jan. This was a panic measure to reinsert the 3 month delay for one reason only to thwart a deal.The public want an orderly Brexit this doesn’t help.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4927 on October 19, 2019, 08:55:39 pm by bpoolrover »
Can ppl please try and stop saying ''respect the referendum'' which was a bad idea, badly executed, corrupt, the ppl were misinformed and uneducated in what it meant and it's implications, it was the biggest pile of dogshit ever.
your words are 1 big reason people will not change there mind, people did no what they were voting for and that was leaving the eu, that is why so few if any have changed there minds

Do you ever have any citations, polling etc to back up what you write bp, where does it come from?

ask anyone speak to people not on a messageboard mate, then be honest and tell me if you can find anyone that has changed there mind, I have a couple as have the other way, when I’ve looked at other clubs message boards on the topic the same result no 1 has changed there mind hardly, remain might win due to people dying and new voters but hopefully we won’t find out

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4928 on October 19, 2019, 08:57:08 pm by bpoolrover »
Bpool

Your post sums up the problem.

You can't define what "leaving the EU" means.

Norway isn't in the EU. Farage says (now) that Johnson's deal which means a FAR bigger separation from the EU than Norway has, is not really leaving.

You see the point. You CANNOT say you were voting to leave the EU and that's that.
I was personally happy with may deal but they got voted down so for my own reasons I would take this deal so to avoid a no deal, if that happens yes I like many will have got what they voted for

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4929 on October 19, 2019, 09:04:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
But years on how many do you think would change there vote? Very few at a guess looking at other social media and people I speak to as many have said they would vote leave now, no problem
With having a opinion and it might well be right but stop with the people didn’t know what they voted for, they were lied to and everything else, accept that people views vary and they have there own reasons for leaving not just financial in the short/medium term

I know of a brilliant way to find out.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4930 on October 19, 2019, 09:05:58 pm by SydneyRover »
BP, So you want Britain to be poorer and the poorer people in Britain to take the brunt of the changes, workers to have less rights, companies and the NHS to suffer staff shortages, Britain to make trade deals with the US where we then have to allow our food standards to drop etc etc, tells us how you personally will be better off?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4931 on October 19, 2019, 09:20:06 pm by SydneyRover »
''The governor of the Bank of England has told the BBC that the new Brexit deal struck by the government is "welcome" and a "net economic positive".

Mark Carney said the deal "takes away the tail risk of a disorderly Brexit".''

A net economic positive over the shitfight that brexit has been for the last 3-4 years but what he doesn't say is the bleeding obvious that No Brexit would be even more net economic positive for the UK for now and the forseeable future.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50101866

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4932 on October 19, 2019, 09:22:47 pm by scawsby steve »

I know of a brilliant way to find out.

So do I.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4933 on October 19, 2019, 09:43:55 pm by Campsall rover »
I still don't understand why we're doing something there is literally zero positives to.
How do you know, have you a crystal ball. 52% said leave. That’s democracy. We will know in 5 yrs + whether it was good or bad. No one knows.
We had a referendum and we should abide by it END OF.  It’s called Democracy.

Right i am of to watch Rovers.  :byebye:

I take it from all that that you don't know of any positives either.

Know in  five years? I knew before the referendum that leaving the Single Market was going to be bloody awful for the economy, but all I got was ignorant people who know nothing insisting that I couldn't possibly know anything about the future either despite going into a lot a technical details explaining why it will be bad for UK business.
We will be able to make our own decisions on immigration who we allow or don’t allow to come to this country to live. That is the biggest positive and i would suspect that is the overriding factor why 52% voted to leave.
We will not be paying billions to the EU every year. That’s a second positive.
We will not be tied to EU legislation on Employment law and various other legislation which we can’t independently control.
We will be able to negotiate our trade deals with who we want as and when we want.
Do you want me to go on any further.

I voted to Remain in 2016 but as time has gone on it has clearly been obvious we are better leaving an EU which has become a giant club which costs a fortune to belong to with so many regulations which restricts our independence on so many issues.

Imo, If we had another referendum now the Leavers would be in the majority still. I think the numbers would be slightly greater in fact. My estimate would be 54% / 46%
This Letwin amendment will solve nothing. All it does is drag this farcical process on & on & on.

How is anyone else going to negotiate a different deal? Please tell me. Why is it a bad deal? 
Where is the evidence. Even the Governor of the Bank of England says it’s a good deal.
The only people who say it’s a bad deal are those that want to remain and can’t and won’t accept the will of the people.
And the SNP who have their own agenda of course, and the Liberals who just make it up as they go along. Anything to try and win a few seats.

The people of this country (majority) said leave in a democratic vote.
If we don’t leave the EU democracy is dead and there will be no trust in politicians to carry out the wishes of its people in the future.
That will be a very sad day for the UK.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:48:13 pm by Campsall rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4934 on October 19, 2019, 09:48:01 pm by SydneyRover »
got any proof guvnor?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4935 on October 19, 2019, 09:56:26 pm by IDM »
I still don't understand why we're doing something there is literally zero positives to.
How do you know, have you a crystal ball. 52% said leave. That’s democracy. We will know in 5 yrs + whether it was good or bad. No one knows.

Know in  five years? I knew before the referendum that leaving the Single Market was going to be bloody awful for the economy, but all I got was ignorant people who know nothing insisting that I couldn't possibly know anything about the future either despite going into a lot a technical details explaining why it will be bad for UK business.
We will be able to make our own decisions on immigration who we allow or don’t allow to come to this country to live. That is the biggest positive and i would suspect that is the overriding factor why 52% voted to leave.
We will not be tied to EU legislation on Employment law and various other legislation which we can’t independently control.
We will be able to negotiate our trade deals with who we want as and when we want.

I voted to Remain in 2016 but as time has gone on it has clearly been obvious we are better leaving an EU which has become a giant club which costs a fortune to belong to with so many regulations which restricts our independence on so many issues.

Imo, If we had another referendum now the Leavers would be in the majority still. I think the numbers would be slightly greater in fact. My estimate would be 54% / 46%
This Letwin amendment will solve nothing. All it does is drag this farcical process on & on & on.

How is anyone else going to negotiate a different deal? Please tell me. Why is it a bad deal? 
Where is the evidence. Even the Governor of the Bank of England says it’s a good deal.
The only people who say it’s a bad deal are those that want to remain and can’t and won’t accept the will of the people.
And the SNP who have their own agenda of course, and the Liberals who just make it up as they go along. Anything to try and win a few seats.

If we don’t leave the EU democracy is dead and there will be no trust in politicians to carry out the wishes of its people in the future.

No not really, the majority of those who voted chose leave, not the majority of the people.

Apart from the leave means leave mantra, no one - and that means no one either leave or remain - knew what the detail of actually leaving would mean as a deal had not been laid out before the referendum. 

Let’s say a family chooses after discussion to take their next holiday overseas..  but they don’t know where, and when it comes to booking, they can’t agree where.  Nothing gets booked but they still insist on going to the airport on 31 Oct to board a plane, but still not agreeing which one and probably without any currency or passports..

But hey, going abroad means going abroad..

Again this is a very simplistic analogy but illustrates the point.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4936 on October 19, 2019, 09:58:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Leaving the Single Market will lose us loads more money than what we stop paying to the EU. And you think that's a positive. Rather sums it up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4937 on October 19, 2019, 10:00:23 pm by IDM »
And I am sure there are plenty of leave voters who chose to vote leave after careful consideration and in the knowledge that it would be a difficult process.  But also that plenty didn’t..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4938 on October 19, 2019, 10:22:09 pm by bpoolrover »
got any proof guvnor?you can’t have proof if you put any poll up it’s only educated guess how can he prove it, you prove that brexit is not a good idea proper proof?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4939 on October 19, 2019, 10:23:09 pm by SydneyRover »
And I am sure there are plenty of leave voters who chose to vote leave after careful consideration and in the knowledge that it would be a difficult process.  But also that plenty didn’t..
The information about leave that we have now wasn't in the main available at the time of the vote, much more information has been uncovered about the vote itself, the misinformation about the vote, the illegal funding of advertising about the leave campaign, the fb scandal concerning the vote and mainly the implications of the results of the vote.

Here is a great article about what happened today and what led to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2019/oct/19/rebel-amendment-defeat-is-yet-another-painful-bellyflop-for-boris-johnson

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4940 on October 19, 2019, 10:29:08 pm by Campsall rover »

No not really, the majority of those who voted chose leave, not the majority of the people.

Apart from the leave means leave mantra, no one - and that means no one either leave or remain - knew what the detail of actually leaving would mean as a deal had not been laid out before the referendum. 

Let’s say a family chooses after discussion to take their next holiday overseas..  but they don’t know where, and when it comes to booking, they can’t agree where.  Nothing gets booked but they still insist on going to the airport on 31 Oct to board a plane, but still not agreeing which one and probably without any currency or passports..

But hey, going abroad means going abroad..

Again this is a very simplistic analogy but illustrates the point.
IDM if people didn’t vote then they can’t moan about the outcome. Everyone has the opportunity to vote, if they don’t vote then it’s not relevant is it. Only those that did vote count in the result.
So that’s a majority isn’t it. 

When you vote in a General election do you know exactly what that party are going to do over the next 4/5 years. Manifestos are words only, the reality is very often very different.
Do you know we will be better or worse off by voting for that political party.
No you don’t.
No one has a crystal ball do they. Except BB of course, and he doesn’t get it right very often.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:36:18 pm by Campsall rover »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4941 on October 19, 2019, 10:31:51 pm by IDM »
I did actually say a majority of those who voted.

17.4 million does not represent a majority of the electorate..  Brexit voting should have been compulsory for every one..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4942 on October 19, 2019, 10:47:44 pm by Campsall rover »

Leaving the Single Market will lose us loads more money than what we stop paying to the EU. And you think that's a positive. Rather sums it up.
And you know that is a fact do you. You are obviously receiving divine intervention. Know one actually knows what will be the outcome of leaving.
Personally i think, and it is THINK, as i don’t have a direct line to him upstairs, is in the short term it will be a bumpy ride but in the long term probably in 5 years onwards we will be thankful we left the EU.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4943 on October 19, 2019, 10:52:41 pm by Campsall rover »
I did actually say a majority of those who voted.

17.4 million does not represent a majority of the electorate..  Brexit voting should have been compulsory for every one..
But it wasn’t and no election or referendum in a free country will ever be.
If it had been compulsory to vote i am pretty sure it would have been over 60% leave vote.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4944 on October 19, 2019, 11:07:07 pm by IDM »
That, we will never know..

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4945 on October 20, 2019, 01:20:47 am by albie »
It sounds like Johnson has sent more than 1 letter to the EU, after his setback today.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/19/eu-will-grant-brexit-extension-if-johnson-sends-letter-says-brussels

It seems like he is prepared to risk contempt proceedings in the Scottish Courts.
Being found guilty of contempt carries up to a 2 year custodial sentence.

Be grand that would, and a suitable reward for his actions these past few years.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 01:59:20 am by albie »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4946 on October 20, 2019, 02:02:43 am by bpoolrover »
Was it a set back today? There was 20 votes in it, quite a few have said they will vote for the bill today then vote for boris deal, so maybe we will see how long your smugness lasts?

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4947 on October 20, 2019, 02:23:09 am by drfcdrfc »

In 5 years, how many of the selfish old f**ks that voted for it will be dead?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4948 on October 20, 2019, 02:25:20 am by bpoolrover »
Take it you don’t want to leave then?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4949 on October 20, 2019, 02:27:07 am by bpoolrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012