Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:51:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377208 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #570 on December 19, 2018, 04:27:15 pm by Boomstick »
3500 army personell placed on standby for a no deal brexit, do they think things ate going to turn violent?

People most likely to riot? Young people.
People most ignored and voted heavily to remain? Young people.

People's Vote with 3 options of No Deal, Remain or May's Deal. That will then calm things instead of May taking us towards no deal with her fingers in her ears. Allow 16 year olds to vote too as it will affect them more than someone who is 61.

16  year olds who know nothing other than what they have been brainwashed by the left wing teaching mafia.

Some 16 year olds know more than some 60 year olds.

What the dead ones?
Most of the youth I come across are only interested in I-phones and video games. They're not old enough to vote and that is the law. You only want to change it because you hope in this case it suits your requirements.

Read my post from earlier. I want this because it affects a 16 year old more than an 85 year old. Why do they get no say in their futures?

So you're saying that the future of 16 year olds is more important than mine, despite decades of myself being a taxpayer?

I'm saying there future  is a hell of a lot longer so it'll affect them more than you.
Aye, but they haven't got the intellect, maturity, or life experience to make an informed choice at that age.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #571 on December 19, 2018, 04:41:30 pm by IDM »
You could argue that many of the people who are of age to vote don’t have the intellect and maturity to make an informed choice.!

Not only that, the brexit referendum wasn’t an informed choice in the first place.!!

Thanks for helping me illustrate that  point..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #572 on December 19, 2018, 04:44:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You could argue that many of the people who are of age to vote don’t have the intellect and maturity to make an informed choice.!

This.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #573 on December 19, 2018, 04:52:32 pm by Axholme Lion »
3500 army personell placed on standby for a no deal brexit, do they think things ate going to turn violent?

People's Vote with 3 options of No Deal, Remain or May's Deal. That will then calm things instead of May taking us towards no deal with her fingers in her ears. Allow 16 year olds to vote too as it will affect them more than someone who is 61.

16  year olds who know nothing other than what they have been brainwashed by the left wing teaching mafia.

What the dead ones?
Most of the youth I come across are only interested in I-phones and video games. They're not old enough to vote and that is the law. You only want to change it because you hope in this case it suits your requirements.

Read my post from earlier. I want this because it affects a 16 year old more than an 85 year old. Why do they get no say in their futures?

So you're saying that the future of 16 year olds is more important than mine, despite decades of myself being a taxpayer?

I'm saying there future  is a hell of a lot longer so it'll affect them more than you.

Tough. The younger generation think they know everything. Let them sort it out after i'm gone along with 'climate change'.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #574 on December 19, 2018, 04:59:40 pm by IDM »
So the younger generation has to sort out the mess we leave them.?

Do you get up early in the morning to practice, or does your attitude to others come naturally.?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #575 on December 19, 2018, 05:05:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What the dead ones?

Tough. The younger generation think they know everything. Let them sort it out after i'm gone along with 'climate change'.

Ahh Baby Boomers, the generation that had everything handed to them and ruined it for future generations.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #576 on December 19, 2018, 05:20:17 pm by i_ateallthepies »
.... great point. Especially as the 18-24 Group voted 70 - 30 to Remain - they have to after all endure what an Exit brings be that good or bad

I also do not believe that anyone of any age could have been brainwashed by the information given that supported either Leave of Remain because largely there were no facts - just hypothesis on either side

For years I have despaired at the modern education system that doesn't teach young people the grammatical rules of the English language or bother to teach them spelling or the times tables.  On that evidence along Wolfie I am ready to concede I judged it harshly.  They have the upper hand when it comes to rational thinking and common sense.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #577 on December 19, 2018, 05:24:30 pm by Donnywolf »
Just off topic I know but I wonder what the record is for the number of quote on quote on quote etc is ? Must be getting close now to a new record !

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #578 on December 19, 2018, 05:47:08 pm by Boomstick »

Not only that, the brexit referendum wasn’t an informed choice in the first place.!!

So your saying the voting age should be around 21 - 75  ish. I'm fine by that.

As for the referendum, the choice was simple, remain or leave . The public chose leave. 
If the remain campaign had a problem with that question, they should have raised it at the time.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #579 on December 19, 2018, 06:27:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »

As for the referendum, the choice was simple, remain or leave . The public chose leave. 
If the remain campaign had a problem with that question, they should have raised it at the time.

Age doesn't give someone the knowledge to make a intelligent vote. There's people in that age bracket you mention who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a voting booth.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #580 on December 19, 2018, 06:36:31 pm by idler »

What the dead ones?

Ahh Baby Boomers, the generation that had everything handed to them and ruined it for future generations.
g
That is an insult to all people of my age. I left school in 1964 and retired just before my 66th birthday. I had two jobs at times and worked overtime to leave me comfortable in retirement. Me an my family have also cost the state very little over those years.
Don't dare to tar everybody with the same brush.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #581 on December 19, 2018, 06:45:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What the dead ones?

g
That is an insult to all people of my age. I left school in 1964 and retired just before my 66th birthday. I had two jobs at times and worked overtime to leave me comfortable in retirement. Me an my family have also cost the state very little over those years.
Don't dare to tar everybody with the same brush.

I'm sorry the majority ruin it for the minority x

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #582 on December 19, 2018, 06:48:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What is an intelligent vote? Do you mean only people who vote the same way as you cast an intelligent vote and those who vote differently to you cast an unintelligent vote?
Perhaps only people who voted remain should be allowed to vote in future?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #583 on December 19, 2018, 06:51:36 pm by RedJ »
I imagine an intelligent vote is voting on more than the basis of "f**k it we're British it'll be reyt" and "rule Britannia".

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #584 on December 19, 2018, 06:57:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, so in future, we take away the vote from people who you imagine vote on the wrong basis, the wrong basis being that you don't agree with them?

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #585 on December 19, 2018, 06:59:08 pm by Pliskin »

Age doesn't give someone the knowledge to make a intelligent vote. There's people in that age bracket you mention who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a voting booth.

No, age gives someone the responsibility to make political decisions by having the right to vote. If you're an adult in this country then that's the responsibility you're given, as you're considered mature enough to have it - along with many other responsibilities that come with being an adult.

Whether that vote is made 'intelligently' is irrelevant, and also completely subjective.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #586 on December 19, 2018, 07:07:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ah, so in future, we take away the vote from people who you imagine vote on the wrong basis, the wrong basis being that you don't agree with them?

What is this crap? I'm saying age doesn't equal the intelligence to vote, so 16 year olds should be given the chance, not to remove anyones rights. It's the pro-Brexit people that seem to believe that age matters over understanding of what you're voting for.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #587 on December 19, 2018, 07:10:05 pm by RedJ »

Point out to me what part of my post I mentioned taking away anyone's vote? can't see it myself.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #588 on December 19, 2018, 07:22:08 pm by IDM »

I never said anything about those age groups.  Can’t see why you concluded that..

And yes, the choice was clear, but the meaning of the choice, ie the informed part, certainly wasn’t - regardless of the politicking on both sides..

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #589 on December 19, 2018, 07:56:58 pm by SydneyRover »

I never said anything about those age groups.  Can’t see why you concluded that..

And yes, the choice was clear, but the meaning of the choice, ie the informed part, certainly wasn’t - regardless of the politicking on both sides..
I think that 16yo's would make a better fist of it than the government that got us into and sustained this mess.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #590 on December 19, 2018, 08:10:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »

What is this crap? I'm saying age doesn't equal the intelligence to vote, so 16 year olds should be given the chance, not to remove anyones rights. It's the pro-Brexit people that seem to believe that age matters over understanding of what you're voting for.

You also said....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #591 on December 19, 2018, 08:16:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Point out to me what part of my post I mentioned taking away anyone's vote? can't see it myself.

So you disagree with DonnyOsmond then yet question MY post? Why not question his?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #592 on December 19, 2018, 10:45:25 pm by selby »
  The biggest insult has been to the older generation was when they were young, they were denied a vote on the Maastricht Treaty. if they had had that vote, all this b******s may have been avoided, and the Common Market could still have been what we are members of, and not the effort it has morphed into.
  Not having that vote, and having the wool pulled over their eyes, and seeing industries moved to other member countries with cheaper labour, in my opinion was much more reason with the older generation to vote out than any silly numbers on the side of a bus, give us a little more credit than that, and they had to watch, while the rich got richer,and their good well paid jobs got scarcer.
  And the warnings of much more credible politicians such as  Tony Benn, than this set of no hopers were remembered, and had come true, so maybe, just maybe, you younguns, they may have had more idea of what may be your future than you think.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:50:52 pm by selby »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #593 on December 19, 2018, 11:04:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye Selby.

Cos Maastricht has led us into penury and servitude hasn't it?

For f**ks sake.

We got all the benefits and none of the problems from Maastricht. And still folk f**king whine about it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #594 on December 19, 2018, 11:20:55 pm by RedJ »

So you disagree with DonnyOsmond then yet question MY post? Why not question his?
I answered your question, you responded and I responded in kind. Tends to be how things work.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #595 on December 20, 2018, 07:31:09 am by Bentley Bullet »
How things work is if you answer someone else's question for them it suggests that you agree with their point. If you then point out that you don't agree with them, it is in my view a sign that you should have questioned their post, not mine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:35:48 am by Bentley Bullet »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #596 on December 20, 2018, 08:22:09 am by DonnyOsmond »
I've said before that my point is age doesn't equal knowledge and wisdom to make a smart vote and there's 16 year olds in a better position than 65 year olds. My obvious point was there is people in the current voting age and in Boomsticks mentioned range who don't have the smarts to make a knowledgeable choice without their prejudices, "fake news", etc clouding their judgement. We live in a democracy where people in the voting age get to make their own choice and that's fine with me, even if it's not the same choice as mine. I'm talking about the people who think we'll go back to the days of the empire, the people that think Merkel is going to turn into Hitler and send us all to war, the people that think Corbyn's a terrorist because the Daily Mail says so, the people that think Brexit meant kicking out Muslims from Britain (I know a person who thought this), etc.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #597 on December 20, 2018, 08:37:39 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I've said before that my point is age doesn't equal knowledge and wisdom to make a smart vote and there's 16 year olds in a better position than 65 year olds. My obvious point was there is people in the current voting age and in Boomsticks mentioned range who don't have the smarts to make a knowledgeable choice without their prejudices, "fake news", etc clouding their judgement. We live in a democracy where people in the voting age get to make their own choice and that's fine with me, even if it's not the same choice as mine. I'm talking about the people who think we'll go back to the days of the empire, the people that think Merkel is going to turn into Hitler and send us all to war, the people that think Corbyn's a terrorist because the Daily Mail says so, the people that think Brexit meant kicking out Muslims from Britain (I know a person who thought this), etc.

I think you are naive if you think those people exist - they largely do not.  They don't have these thoughts because of any papers etc but because of who they actually are.  There's also young people and plenty of them with these views.

The reality is that the cycle probably hasn't changed in terms of age that much (though I haven't researched it).  You inevitably have a much different view on the world when younger then older as for quite a few, things change in terms of lifestyle, finance, social groups, employment etc.....

All that being said, I'd probably agree that 16 is a fair age for voting.  16 year olds on the whole do have enough knowledge to make the decision, they just have a different outlook given that point in their life.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #598 on December 20, 2018, 08:51:44 am by DonnyOsmond »

I think you are naive if you think those people exist - they largely do not.  They don't have these thoughts because of any papers etc but because of who they actually are.  There's also young people and plenty of them with these views.

The reality is that the cycle probably hasn't changed in terms of age that much (though I haven't researched it).  You inevitably have a much different view on the world when younger then older as for quite a few, things change in terms of lifestyle, finance, social groups, employment etc.....

All that being said, I'd probably agree that 16 is a fair age for voting.  16 year olds on the whole do have enough knowledge to make the decision, they just have a different outlook given that point in their life.

You call me naive then agree with me that they do exist. I've not said it's just older people who have those opinions either.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #599 on December 20, 2018, 08:55:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Sorry I should clarify, it's not because of the daily mail, which is actually seeing a big change in editorial viewpoints anyway right now. The media is not that powerful.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012