Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:48:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373478 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #540 on December 18, 2018, 06:37:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
How can she avoid dividing the country?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #541 on December 18, 2018, 06:51:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wrong question BB.

Here's an analogy.

A group of friends have a vote to decide whether to have a holiday in  a specific hotel in Benidorm in a specific week in July, or have a holiday in the UK.

Close run thing, but UK wins it. Then one sub-set of those friends insist that "Holiday in the UK" mean going to Cleethorpes. In winter. And then they berate anyone who argues otherwise for not respecting the democratic decision of the group. And when the others enquire whether they can have a vote, specifically on those two defined choices, the sub-set threaten to go and riot.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #542 on December 18, 2018, 07:01:34 pm by drfchound »
The second referendum and overturn Brexit voters are still in the majority on this poll.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #543 on December 18, 2018, 07:11:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You call that an analogy because you believe it compares though, Billy lad. If only all the country agreed with you!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #544 on December 18, 2018, 07:18:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The second referendum and overturn Brexit voters are still in the majority on this poll.

Turns out not many cavemen own computers or mobile devices that are internet capable.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #545 on December 18, 2018, 07:29:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wonder if there are others who, like me, haven't voted in this poll?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #546 on December 18, 2018, 07:58:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I doubt there's anybody like you BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #547 on December 18, 2018, 08:08:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Two steps to being unique, Billy;
1, Don't tell people everything
2, ........................................

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #548 on December 18, 2018, 11:00:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You having a senior moment there BB?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #549 on December 18, 2018, 11:02:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile.

Here is how the Health Secretary of the sixth most economically powerful nation on earth is spending his time.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/matt-hancock-uk-buy-fridges-stockpile-drugs-brexit-no-deal/

f**k.
Me.
Sideways.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #550 on December 19, 2018, 11:38:25 am by Axholme Lion »
3500 army personell placed on standby for a no deal brexit, do they think things ate going to turn violent?

People most likely to riot? Young people.
People most ignored and voted heavily to remain? Young people.

People's Vote with 3 options of No Deal, Remain or May's Deal. That will then calm things instead of May taking us towards no deal with her fingers in her ears. Allow 16 year olds to vote too as it will affect them more than someone who is 61.

16  year olds who know nothing other than what they have been brainwashed by the left wing teaching mafia.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #551 on December 19, 2018, 12:27:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
3500 army personell placed on standby for a no deal brexit, do they think things ate going to turn violent?

People's Vote with 3 options of No Deal, Remain or May's Deal. That will then calm things instead of May taking us towards no deal with her fingers in her ears. Allow 16 year olds to vote too as it will affect them more than someone who is 61.

16  year olds who know nothing other than what they have been brainwashed by the left wing teaching mafia.

Some 16 year olds know more than some 60 year olds.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #552 on December 19, 2018, 12:32:39 pm by Axholme Lion »

What the dead ones?
Most of the youth I come across are only interested in I-phones and video games. They're not old enough to vote and that is the law. You only want to change it because you hope in this case it suits your requirements.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #553 on December 19, 2018, 12:38:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What the dead ones?
Most of the youth I come across are only interested in I-phones and video games. They're not old enough to vote and that is the law. You only want to change it because you hope in this case it suits your requirements.

Read my post from earlier. I want this because it affects a 16 year old more than an 85 year old. Why do they get no say in their futures?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #554 on December 19, 2018, 12:47:53 pm by Donnywolf »
.... great point. Especially as the 18-24 Group voted 70 - 30 to Remain - they have to after all endure what an Exit brings be that good or bad

I also do not believe that anyone of any age could have been brainwashed by the information given that supported either Leave of Remain because largely there were no facts - just hypothesis on either side

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #555 on December 19, 2018, 12:55:33 pm by Boomstick »
.... great point. Especially as the 18-24 Group voted 70 - 30 to Remain - they have to after all endure what an Exit brings be that good or bad

I also do not believe that anyone of any age could have been brainwashed by the information given that supported either Leave of Remain because largely there were no facts - just hypothesis on either side

To me, and many others, that just highlights the naivety, and the lack of life experience leading to worldly wisdom, that, that young age group shows.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #556 on December 19, 2018, 01:17:15 pm by IDM »
Wasn’t the minimum age for the Scottish independence referendum 16.?

Surely the same reasoning can apply elsewhere.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #557 on December 19, 2018, 01:49:57 pm by drfchound »

To me, and many others, that just highlights the naivety, and the lack of life experience leading to worldly wisdom, that, that young age group shows.

Mmmmm, maybe the brexiteers will want a second referendum restricted to the age group which best suits their purpose.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #558 on December 19, 2018, 01:50:06 pm by Axholme Lion »

What the dead ones?

Read my post from earlier. I want this because it affects a 16 year old more than an 85 year old. Why do they get no say in their futures?

Have they worked and paid taxes for years? Do they have any life experience? No. I have, therefore my opinion is more important than some kid fresh out of school.
Maybe we should be looking at not allowing the vote to non-working people who are below the retirement age

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #559 on December 19, 2018, 01:59:05 pm by IDM »
Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s..

How much more worldly wise is someone at 18 than 16 or 17.??

Democracy is great, but only for those who deserve it, eh.??

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #560 on December 19, 2018, 02:21:33 pm by Axholme Lion »
Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s..

How much more worldly wise is someone at 18 than 16 or 17.??

Democracy is great, but only for those who deserve it, eh.??

There has to be a cut off point.
Why not let five year olds vote? Mind you they'd probably talk more sense than half of the chancers in the HOC.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #561 on December 19, 2018, 02:45:39 pm by IDM »
Explain to me why it was ok for young adults to vote on the Scottish independence referendum but not in the brexit one.?

Without some smart arse response.??

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #562 on December 19, 2018, 02:59:31 pm by MachoMadness »

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #563 on December 19, 2018, 03:07:07 pm by Pliskin »
In this country there are many things that adults (18+) are deemed mature and responsible enough to do that 16 year olds are not.

Why should voting be any different?

It just seems like a cynical way for certain political groups to try and boost the electorate with more people who they assume would vote the 'right' way.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #564 on December 19, 2018, 03:25:16 pm by Boomstick »
Explain to me why it was ok for young adults to vote on the Scottish independence referendum but not in the brexit one.?

No one is saying that they think that is ok ....

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #565 on December 19, 2018, 03:31:01 pm by Axholme Lion »

We are not in Scotland.
Brexit is an issue for the whole of Britain. The fact that the Scots have changed their laws regarding the voting age is nothing to do with the whole of Britain.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #566 on December 19, 2018, 03:34:00 pm by Axholme Lion »

What the dead ones?

So you're saying that the future of 16 year olds is more important than mine, despite decades of myself being a taxpayer?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #567 on December 19, 2018, 03:53:04 pm by drfchound »

What the dead ones?

So you're saying that the future of 16 year olds is more important than mine, despite decades of myself being a taxpayer?

........well, only if you are 85 or older.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #568 on December 19, 2018, 04:03:19 pm by IDM »

What the dead ones?

I think the idea is that their future is equally as important as yours..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #569 on December 19, 2018, 04:23:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What the dead ones?

I'm saying there future  is a hell of a lot longer so it'll affect them more than you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012