Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:27:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373482 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #2010 on March 19, 2019, 06:03:32 pm by Donnywolf »
Dunno Wolf.

What I do know is that in 2016, before the vote, Theresa May as Home Secretary is believed to have vetoed a request by MI6 to be allowed to investigate Arron Banks, due to their suspicions that he was a Russian agent.

She's been asked to confirm or deny this time and time again in the House. Every time she's used a preposterous excuse to avoid answering.

Yes like the accidental Trident Launch that Andrew Marr gave up asking if she had been aware of

Worth looking that one up folks - all she did was say "we are committed to the Trident programme - and all Jeremy Corbyn wants to do is abolish what is our nuclear deterrent system"

On second thoughts dont bother unless you want to see her squirm - as all she does is say 4 times at least what I have captured above
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 06:05:48 pm by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2011 on March 19, 2019, 06:10:35 pm by Boomstick »
So your saying the government should ignore the will of the people and rekoke article 50?

That would remove all semblance of democracy, government and rule of law.
We really would be in the realms of the unknown.
It certainly isn't a solution.

After all this You've STILL got your remain tinted specs on. It's time to remove them, and think rationally.

To quote your own words back at you:

that vote wasn't legally binding

I'm glad you finally appreciated what that phrase means.
Maybe, let's see what happens if they revoke it then.

What'll happen? Brexit will stop, that's what'll happen.

If that happens,  like I said, all semblance of democracy, government and rule of law will go out of the window.
It will really be into the realms of the unknown. But I'm telling you now, the poll tax riots will look like a tea party in comparison. I'm not advocating it, but with the millions that will descend on London to protest, it will almost be inevitable.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2012 on March 19, 2019, 06:28:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BS.

Aye. I'm not sure how the security services will cope.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1107930970018250753

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2013 on March 19, 2019, 06:30:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So your saying the government should ignore the will of the people and rekoke article 50?

That would remove all semblance of democracy, government and rule of law.
We really would be in the realms of the unknown.
It certainly isn't a solution.

After all this You've STILL got your remain tinted specs on. It's time to remove them, and think rationally.

To quote your own words back at you:

that vote wasn't legally binding

I'm glad you finally appreciated what that phrase means.
Maybe, let's see what happens if they revoke it then.

What'll happen? Brexit will stop, that's what'll happen.

If that happens,  like I said, all semblance of democracy, government and rule of law will go out of the window.
It will really be into the realms of the unknown. But I'm telling you now, the poll tax riots will look like a tea party in comparison. I'm not advocating it, but with the millions that will descend on London to protest, it will almost be inevitable.

Just like there was the complete destruction of democracy and rioting in the streets after Denmark and Ireland ignored a referendum and had a second one? In Ireland's case, twice.

Or are you being just a tad - but very entertainingly so - melodramatic? People won't turn up to a simple pro-Brexit march to London, I very much doubt we'll need soldiers and police with tear gas and riotshields to quell the whole indignant mass of humanity you seem to think there'd be in London.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2014 on March 19, 2019, 06:43:02 pm by Boomstick »
Well, as they say... Wait and see

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #2015 on March 19, 2019, 07:01:09 pm by foxbat »
the Care Homes adn't allowed to let them out.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2016 on March 19, 2019, 07:10:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Well, as they say... Wait and see

You forgot to twirl your waxed moustache.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2017 on March 19, 2019, 07:24:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Given that the average age of Leave voters was about 78, it'll be fun seeing BS leading all these Zimmer frame wielding rioters.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2018 on March 19, 2019, 07:32:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
On which topic, here's a thought.

Given that it was people who were retired or nearing retirement who were the only age groups to vote on balance for Brexit, here's the logical Govt policy.

Announce that, if Brexit is the success that the old folk claim it will be, the additional wealth the country makes over and above pre-Brexit contributions will ALL be paid out in higher pensions.

Conversely, if we lose money, ALL of that will be accounted for by the Govt imposing taxes on pensioners.

Pensioners wanted Brexit. They can own the consequences.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:13:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2019 on March 19, 2019, 07:41:40 pm by Boomstick »
Ah, ageism among remainers has yet again reared its ugly head.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2020 on March 19, 2019, 07:52:17 pm by scawsby steve »
Given that the average age of Leave voters was about 78, it'll be fun seeing BS leading all these Zimmer frame wielding rioters.

For a man of your intelligence and intellect Billy, that is a really pathetic, insulting, and disgusting post.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2021 on March 19, 2019, 07:57:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What is ageist about what I said? The voting statistics are established facts.

I know folk on the Leave side have often had trouble with the concept of established facts, but they DO exist.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2022 on March 19, 2019, 07:58:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

For a man of your intelligence and intellect Billy, that is a really pathetic, insulting, and disgusting post.

Jesus wept. It was a JOKE. We used to have a lot of them in here.

You get it? The comedic premise? BS is threatening a violent uprising. I responded by ridiculously over-exaggerating the average age of Leave voters to open up the ridiculous vision of millions of old folk rioting in Trafalgar Square.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:00:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2023 on March 19, 2019, 08:03:36 pm by scawsby steve »
What is ageist about what I said? The voting statistics are established facts.

I know folk on the Leave side have often had trouble with the concept of established facts, but they DO exist.

That's not what I'm talking about and you know it. Go back and look at how you described elderly people. Just for once admit that what you wrote was totally inappropriate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2024 on March 19, 2019, 08:12:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Pfft.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2025 on March 19, 2019, 08:56:47 pm by wilts rover »
OK so Barnier has said that the EU won't grant an extension unless there is a 'new event or political process'.

So what does May do now?
- Talk to Labour re CU/SM
- General Election
- Referendum/confirmatory vote
- wait for the German car industry to come to the rescue

Of course it won't be Barnier's decision - it will be down to the EU 27 leaders - although if Channel 4 news is to be believed, Italy & Hungary are going to veto it anyway.

All going well then...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2026 on March 19, 2019, 09:07:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I saw a worrying headline in The Telegraph earlier about ERG members going to Budapest, Warsaw and Prague to encourage their Govts to veto an extension.

Then I saw who the three MPs were.

One was Owen Patterson, who vociferously said in 2016 that only a madman would suggest we leave the Single Market...and who now says we should leave the Single Market. So presumably he's been declared insane over the past three years.

One was Daniel Kawczynski. Here's someone who, even in an era of intellectual pygmies in Parliament, is unmistakable for his spectacular breed of pig-shit-thickness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/daniel-kawczynski-brexit-marshall-plan-aid-usa-tory-conservative-mp-second-world-war-eu-david-lammy-a8763006.html%3famp

A man so utterly devoid of grey matter that he does just commit treason. He tweets about the fact that he's committed treason.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DKShrewsbury/status/1087691731095699456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-16211117603442784098.ampproject.net%2F1903141753530%2Fframe.html

The other one, I've literally never heard of.

If European leaders can be persuaded by the likes of them, I think I'm going to switch to Leave after all.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:14:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2027 on March 19, 2019, 09:19:27 pm by Boomstick »

Jesus wept. It was a JOKE. We used to have a lot of them in here.

You get it? The comedic premise? BS is threatening a violent uprising. I responded by ridiculously over-exaggerating the average age of Leave voters to open up the ridiculous vision of millions of old folk rioting in Trafalgar Square.
On one hand you claim this a serious matter requiring serious debate, then you make disgusting ageist comments and claim its a joke.
Careful, the 3/4 people that still take your opinion with more than just a pinch of salt on here, will dwindle even further.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2028 on March 19, 2019, 09:20:12 pm by Boomstick »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2029 on March 19, 2019, 09:23:52 pm by vaya »

Predictable PC gibberish.

People can't say what they want without someone getting on their high horse and bandying 'isms' about.

Do you cry yourself sleep at night clutching your Diane Abbott pillow?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2030 on March 19, 2019, 09:29:39 pm by Boomstick »

People can't say what they want without someone getting on their high horse and bandying 'isms' about.

Yes, she's my hero.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2031 on March 19, 2019, 09:30:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Last snowflake of the winter.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2032 on March 19, 2019, 09:32:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BS.

The general discussion IS very serious.

Your farcical comments about your fantasies of mass insurrection however, can only be countered by surreal comedy.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2033 on March 19, 2019, 10:30:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Always hilarious how millennials or younger generations are referred to as the snowflakes. This last page...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2034 on March 20, 2019, 01:07:04 am by SydneyRover »
Brexiteers rushing to their next meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2035 on March 20, 2019, 07:23:59 am by DonnyOsmond »

He's more likely got a JRM pillow :lol:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2036 on March 20, 2019, 07:52:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »

He's more likely got a JRM pillow :lol:

If he has, after JRM supported Bercow's ruling, he must be biting it in frustration.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2037 on March 20, 2019, 07:57:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, even by May's standard of "My policy is to get to the end of today", this is rather humiliating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011

Yesterday, No10 announced she would be writing to the EU to ask for a short delay with the option of a long one. Today, after she's been bollocked by the ERG, she's dropped the "long" bit.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2038 on March 20, 2019, 08:06:26 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well, even by May's standard of "My policy is to get to the end of today", this is rather humiliating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011

Yesterday, No10 announced she would be writing to the EU to ask for a short delay with the option of a long one. Today, after she's been bollocked by the ERG, she's dropped the "long" bit.

Her lack of coherent strategy never fails to amaze.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2039 on March 20, 2019, 08:09:00 am by bobjimwilly »
I thought us millennials were the snowflakes?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012