Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:06:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373459 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #2280 on March 22, 2019, 12:13:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
But.

Bpool.

There's a map.

A map with colour codes for the areas that have signed up highly or not very highly for this petition.

The map. It shows up high numbers in precisely the areas you'd expect.

So.

If this petition is being hijacked by folk from "Japan USA all over", they are f**king clever folk.

Cos they are entering postcodes that are
a) Valid and
b) statistically spread so that their bogus opinions pretty much match those of UK people.

f**king genius, what these Jap, Yank and whatever folk can do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2281 on March 22, 2019, 12:58:17 am by bpoolrover »
Yes mate it was very hard I signed it as John from United States lol with no post code, all you need is a email address they send you a email and you click on the link

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2282 on March 22, 2019, 01:01:39 am by bpoolrover »
So maybe you should try it yourself before trying to be clever
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:10:15 am by bpoolrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2283 on March 22, 2019, 03:18:19 am by SydneyRover »
Yes mate it was very hard I signed it as John from United States lol with no post code, all you need is a email address they send you a email and you click on the link
It asks if you are a UK citizen, but if someone reported you I would imagine you could be prosecuted for fraud, unlikely but not impossible with today's technology, but then why would anyone but a brexiteer report you for supporting what will shown to be recognized as the right side of history. Let's hope they don't use source matching technology.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2284 on March 22, 2019, 06:54:51 am by DonnyOsmond »
No mate all I’ve seen on fb is the link shared and people from Japan USA all over signing it when I would guess most don’t care, so getting 2 million people signing a petition means very little, on many of the posts there saying let’s make this the biggest petition ever so anyone and everyone is doing it

You can download the figures, there's 2 million worth of British based people then a few thousand from other countries, so if a Brit is abroad should they not be allowed to sign it?

There's a handful of fakes on there from people trying to discredit it.

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1108790319603245056?s=19
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:59:06 am by DonnyOsmond »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2285 on March 22, 2019, 06:56:25 am by DonnyOsmond »

The map goes on post code.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2286 on March 22, 2019, 07:55:59 am by SydneyRover »
As people are dipping their soldiers into the yellow it's nearly 2.5 million

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2287 on March 22, 2019, 08:36:29 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No mate all I’ve seen on fb is the link shared and people from Japan USA all over signing it when I would guess most don’t care, so getting 2 million people signing a petition means very little, on many of the posts there saying let’s make this the biggest petition ever so anyone and everyone is doing it

You can download the figures, there's 2 million worth of British based people then a few thousand from other countries, so if a Brit is abroad should they not be allowed to sign it?

And still you all seem to forget an actual bloody referendum......

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2288 on March 22, 2019, 08:44:31 am by DonnyOsmond »

Well it's not currently going as you hoped is it...

There's no harm in people telling parliament we don't want what they have to offer.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2289 on March 22, 2019, 08:49:51 am by SydneyRover »

Are we talking about the first second or the next one bfyp?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2290 on March 22, 2019, 08:58:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP
Nobody's forgetting the referendum.

It's simply that the referendum took place in a different universe.

Back in that universe, we had no idea that the negotiations wouldn't be the easiest in history. We didn't realise that we didn't hold all the cards. We didn't know that the experts who we were told not to listen to we're actually right when they said there'd be a big economic hit straight after the vote, that would hurt all of our living standards. We didn't know that the Leave campaign was committing crime on an industrial scale, funded by the Kremlin. We didn't know back then that the current PM had blocked a request from MI6 to investigate the head of Leave.EU because of those links to Russia.

We don't forget the Referendum, but we also are aware of those established facts now.

The problem is, you never hear anyone who mentions The Will of The People, or talks about the 17.4m, EVER address those facts.

I know! It's bizarre isn't it? You'd almost think they are being deliberately selective in their memories.

So this petition is a way of reminding the world that the other folk exist. The ones who think this Will of The People b*llocks is being used by certain politicians to ram through an agenda, on the back of the most flawed vote in our history.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2291 on March 22, 2019, 09:08:42 am by SydneyRover »
All eyes on Bercow?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2292 on March 22, 2019, 09:13:23 am by Axholme Lion »
The only weapon the normal man in the street has is their vote. Most of the time this can be seen to have little or no effect.
For the first time in my life after casting a vote I couldn't believe my ears when I woke up and heard that we won the referendum. For me this vote was about much more than just the EU. It was about about everything that has been forced upon us without ever being asked, and the things yet to come in the master plan run by the faceless unelected ones who are running the show. I don't want the Euro replacing the Pound, I don't want a Pan European army. I was never asked about forced multiculturalism, freedom of movement, mass immigration, human rights courts, gay rights etc. All this has been forced upon us without asking. I know many of you will sneer at my comments and call me racist etc, but actually i'm not, i'm just an ordinary bloke in the street and I think you'll find that my views are more common than you may wish to admit. So when I see MP's trying to do their best to sabotage the outcome of the only real meaningful vote I have cast in my life it makes me very, very angry. I will never vote for a mainstream party ever again because it would appear that they are all liars. I think many, many people will also take the same opinion and either not bother to vote, or vote for more extreme parties and this will all be the responsibility of all who have tried to sabotage Brexit. Was it so bad to try and create our own laws, control our borders and try to forge trade deals with the rest of the world?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2293 on March 22, 2019, 09:21:37 am by SydneyRover »
The only weapon the normal man in the street has is their vote. Most of the time this can be seen to have little or no effect.
For the first time in my life after casting a vote I couldn't believe my ears when I woke up and heard that we won the referendum. For me this vote was about much more than just the EU. It was about about everything that has been forced upon us without ever being asked, and the things yet to come in the master plan run by the faceless unelected ones who are running the show. I don't want the Euro replacing the Pound, I don't want a Pan European army. I was never asked about forced multiculturalism, freedom of movement, mass immigration, human rights courts, gay rights etc. All this has been forced upon us without asking. I know many of you will sneer at my comments and call me racist etc, but actually i'm not, i'm just an ordinary bloke in the street and I think you'll find that my views are more common than you may wish to admit. So when I see MP's trying to do their best to sabotage the outcome of the only real meaningful vote I have cast in my life it makes me very, very angry. I will never vote for a mainstream party ever again because it would appear that they are all liars. I think many, many people will also take the same opinion and either not bother to vote, or vote for more extreme parties and this will all be the responsibility of all who have tried to sabotage Brexit. Was it so bad to try and create our own laws, control our borders and try to forge trade deals with the rest of the world?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/21/the-guardian-view-on-theresa-mays-broadcast-a-form-of-national-sabotage

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2294 on March 22, 2019, 09:40:41 am by The Red Baron »
A decent summing up of where we are now, although he ought to have included the possibility, albeit small, of revoking Article 50.

https://mobile.twitter.com/afneil/status/1109025842481582080?p=v

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2295 on March 22, 2019, 09:59:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
AL

Actually I sympathize with and understand much of what you have said. The world is changing at breakneck speed, econicalky, technically and culturally. I understand that some people wish for a day when they felt more in control.

The problem is that you very understandable wish was weaponised by a bunch of the most unscrupulous politicians you will ever see, and used as part of their war to control the right wing of politics.

You don't believe me?

You know when Boris Johnson came out all guns blazing for Leave? Thumping the table and shouting Take Back Control?

You know before he did that, he'd written an equally strident speech in favour of Remain? He'd spent two weeks debating whether supporting Leave or Remain would be best for his career.

You've been played mate. They've taken your grievances and used them to make you vote for something that will make your kids worse off.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2296 on March 22, 2019, 10:01:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Well it's not currently going as you hoped is it...

There's no harm in people telling parliament we don't want what they have to offer.

Not liking the solution does not mean we should choose to stay in the EU though does it?  This is exactly what many in parliament want though, the agenda is swinging back to what politicians wanted right from the very start.

The problem is a poor government not Brexit itself.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2297 on March 22, 2019, 10:11:42 am by Axholme Lion »
AL

Actually I sympathize with and understand much of what you have said. The world is changing at breakneck speed, econicalky, technically and culturally. I understand that some people wish for a day when they felt more in control.

The problem is that you very understandable wish was weaponised by a bunch of the most unscrupulous politicians you will ever see, and used as part of their war to control the right wing of politics.

You don't believe me?

You know when Boris Johnson came out all guns blazing for Leave? Thumping the table and shouting Take Back Control?

You know before he did that, he'd written an equally strident speech in favour of Remain? He'd spent two weeks debating whether supporting Leave or Remain would be best for his career.

You've been played mate. They've taken your grievances and used them to make you vote for something that will make your kids worse off.

Of course I understand the Bojo and his ilk don't give a monkeys about the likes of us, but other than taking to the streets with an AK47 how else can things be changed other than vote for something that will really make a difference?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2298 on March 22, 2019, 10:28:54 am by Glyn_Wigley »
AL

You don't believe me?

Of course I understand the Bojo and his ilk don't give a monkeys about the likes of us, but other than taking to the streets with an AK47 how else can things be changed other than vote for something that will really make a difference?

The difference being that you voted to give more power to the people who are already pissing you off? Nice one.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #2299 on March 22, 2019, 10:35:31 am by Pancho Regan »
It is our profound misfortune that, just at the time when the country is faced with arguably its biggest crisis since WW2, it happens to coincide with the very time when we have the most incompetent bunch of MPs for generations.

What is desperately needed is people in Parliament with vision, wisdom, intelligence, imagination, courage and gravitas.

And we’re landed with the biggest crock of s**t ever to grace the HoC.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2300 on March 22, 2019, 10:40:05 am by bpoolrover »

of course they should have a say but as i signed it with no post code and it took me less than a minute it becomes pointless as i could create hundreds of emails and sign it hundreds of times

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2301 on March 22, 2019, 10:41:10 am by DonnyOsmond »
AL

You don't believe me?

The difference being that you voted to give more power to the people who are already pissing you off? Nice one.

This. I find our own government shocking and I kind of like the fact that the EU give money to poorer areas like ours. The laws they make aren't bad either.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2302 on March 22, 2019, 10:59:40 am by Axholme Lion »
AL

You don't believe me?

But the people in parliament aren't going to be there for ever though are they, and I would suggest that after the next GE that many of them won't be?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2303 on March 22, 2019, 11:15:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »
AL

You don't believe me?

But the people in parliament aren't going to be there for ever though are they, and I would suggest that after the next GE that many of them won't be?

But you don't know that, and even then you can only affect the re-election of one MP anyway. But you still decided to give them more of the power you think they're abusing.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2304 on March 22, 2019, 11:30:04 am by SydneyRover »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2305 on March 22, 2019, 11:32:59 am by Axholme Lion »
AL

You don't believe me?

But you don't know that, and even then you can only affect the re-election of one MP anyway. But you still decided to give them more of the power you think they're abusing.

So what do you suggest I should do other than take part in an armed uprising? All I have is one vote which I have used.
Whatever the outcome of this, half the country is going to be pissed off. I suppose we could cut the country in half and all the remainers live in one half and brexiters in the other half which leaves the EU. It would probably be easier to sort than what has gone before.

On a separate note, am I correct in believing that after 2022 all EU members have to join the Euro currency?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2306 on March 22, 2019, 11:48:08 am by DonnyOsmond »
AL

You don't believe me?

So what do you suggest I should do other than take part in an armed uprising? All I have is one vote which I have used.
Whatever the outcome of this, half the country is going to be pissed off. I suppose we could cut the country in half and all the remainers live in one half and brexiters in the other half which leaves the EU. It would probably be easier to sort than what has gone before.

On a separate note, am I correct in believing that after 2022 all EU members have to join the Euro currency?

Nope I think us and Denmark(?) had opt outs.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2307 on March 22, 2019, 12:01:03 pm by Axholme Lion »
AL

You don't believe me?

Nope I think us and Denmark(?) had opt outs.

Thanks. Was not too sure about that but I seemed to remember reading something about it somewhere.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2308 on March 22, 2019, 12:04:32 pm by MachoMadness »
This is bizarre. I genuinely can't understand what's compelling her to stay on. It's like the part of her brain that feels shame doesn't exist.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2309 on March 22, 2019, 12:17:46 pm by Axholme Lion »
It's a bit like being on a hamster wheel isn't it?  Same facts pointed out over and over and over again, then ignored.

AL.
I'll say it again. Nigel Farage and many others said repeatedly during the 2016 campaign that we should look at the relationship Norway had with the EU.

I'd accept that as a compromise. It's not what I want but I would accept it. It would mean us leaving the EU. It would honour the 2016 result.

Would you accept that deal?

I wouldn't be happy, but then again you wouldn't. If it was that or nothing then I would accept it in the interests of bringing the nation together and honouring the referendum result.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012