Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:28:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373470 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3420 on May 30, 2019, 09:30:10 am by SydneyRover »
More workers spending every penny they have makes business and the economy grow, increase the wages of the low paid because they are the ones that will spend it and not squirrel it away.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3421 on May 30, 2019, 09:46:55 am by Axholme Lion »
AL
That is folksy common sense but it doesn't mesh with the real world.

It assumes an economy is static with a fixed amount of work to go round. That ain't how the real world works.

Study after study after study have shown that hard working immigrants grow economies faster than they take out. So there's more work available. And wages don't get depressed.

I've just heard Philip Hammond on the radio bumbling through an interview about why wages haven't risen for ordinary workers over the past decade. He and Osborne are the problem. They were the ones who took growth out of the economy through their insane Austerity policies. And then the far Right moves in and says "Them f**king immigrants are what's keeping your living standards down".

It's the oldest story in politics. Goes back centuries. And have a guess who was the most successful exponent of that game (for a decade or so).

What about all the ones here on the take though who have no intention of working, we've enough of our own on that game without importing them?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3422 on May 30, 2019, 09:55:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
AL
1) So you've accepted the argument that working immigrants don't depress wages?

2) How many idle scrounging immigrants are there?

3) How much do they cost us?

4) How does that cost compare to the £150bn we've already lost from the Brexit vote, and the £1trn or so we're forecast to lose over the next decade?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3423 on May 30, 2019, 10:16:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48451024

Head of the Society of Motor Manufacturers
"Today's figures are evidence of the vast cost and upheaval Brexit uncertainty has already wrought on UK automotive manufacturing businesses and workers.

"Prolonged instability has done untold damage, with the fear of 'no deal' holding back progress, causing investment to stall, jobs to be lost and undermining our global reputation."

Right lads. You've had your emotional spasm. You've bought into the bullshit from Farage and Rees-Mogg about the brave new world we could have with a hard Brexit. Don't you think it's time to start facing the consequences now?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3424 on May 30, 2019, 10:50:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
Billy lad. Instead of searching endlessly on the internet for figures that support your argument, why don't you do a bit of your own research and walk round Doncaster town centre?

When you've done that get back to me.

I was going to suggest walking through Hexthorpe but somehow I don't think you've got that Kate Adie instinct.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3425 on May 30, 2019, 11:01:25 am by SydneyRover »
Billy lad. Instead of searching endlessly on the internet for figures that support your argument, why don't you do a bit of your own research and walk round Doncaster town centre?

When you've done that get back to me.

I was going to suggest walking through Hexthorpe but somehow I don't think you've got that Kate Adie instinct.
How about you tell us BB instead of dog whistling?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3426 on May 30, 2019, 11:05:33 am by Bentley Bullet »
Why so you can play your usual racist card?

Go and find out for yourself. Take Billy with you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3427 on May 30, 2019, 11:10:42 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3428 on May 30, 2019, 01:00:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good to see the EU election results spreading joy through the continent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveWardGS/status/1132988677360103424

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3429 on May 31, 2019, 09:10:30 am by bpoolrover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3430 on May 31, 2019, 09:41:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/1134207549249654786

Sooner or later it's going to sink in to the tiny group that insulated Corbyn from the real world.

Labour is in existential danger unless it unequivocally supports Ref2.

It doesn't matter what people claim about that losing them support. Labour has already lost more than half its support this year. By definition, it could not be worse.

It's bleeding obvious that the Tories are going to respond by electing a Hard Brexit PM. That will take them back up into the 30s. It is so painfully obvious what Labour must do. Politics is currently defined by Brexit. To wrong your hands and say "We support both sides" is a pathetic cop out. It's decision time. Now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 09:47:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3431 on May 31, 2019, 10:33:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST, why don't you put your 'Britain Surrendering Together' party into the Mix? You can get Suicidal Syd as your number 2 and bend over to Juncker & co and beg for forgiveness.

I can just see the headline now. Bend-Over Billy and Suicidal Syd restore British pride!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3432 on May 31, 2019, 10:47:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

I much prefer you when you're funny.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3433 on May 31, 2019, 10:56:26 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST. This is far too serious a subject to be funny.

Have you walked through Donny town centre with Suicidal Syd yet?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3434 on May 31, 2019, 12:19:55 pm by SydneyRover »
BST. This is far too serious a subject to be funny.

Have you walked through Donny town centre with Suicidal Syd yet?
You're sounding a bit desperate BB, I'll put it down to a tough week and I agree with BST you're funny side is best.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3435 on May 31, 2019, 12:32:31 pm by SydneyRover »
This is funny BB and a bit sad.

''Elton John: 'I am a European – not a stupid, imperialist English idiot''

''The singer says Brexit has made him ashamed to be British, while performing in Verona during his final world tour''

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/31/elton-john-brexit-not-imperialist-english-idiot-verona

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3436 on May 31, 2019, 01:06:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I can't be doing with pop stars being political usually, but in dear old Elton's case, I might vote for him.

Is he still standing?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3437 on May 31, 2019, 01:27:36 pm by SydneyRover »
Yeah yeah yeah

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3438 on May 31, 2019, 01:49:10 pm by Axholme Lion »
This is funny BB and a bit sad.

''Elton John: 'I am a European – not a stupid, imperialist English idiot''

''The singer says Brexit has made him ashamed to be British, while performing in Verona during his final world tour''

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/31/elton-john-brexit-not-imperialist-english-idiot-verona

Guess what Reg? I'm ashamed you're British as well.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3439 on May 31, 2019, 02:08:24 pm by Not Now Kato »
AL

He'll just have to check with the Mail and the Express to answer those questions BST.

But I'm feeling generous, so I'll help him out

The worrying thing to me is that people like AL not only believe these lies, they propagate them.  No wonder we're in the mess we are!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3440 on May 31, 2019, 02:18:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
NNK. What is racist about wanting a points-based system based on migrants from all over the world?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3441 on May 31, 2019, 02:28:20 pm by Not Now Kato »
NNK. What is racist about wanting a points-based system based on migrants from all over the world?

Where have I mentioned racism BB?

But if you want to talk about a points based system then a few questions....  Who sets the points? Who chooses the criteria for those points? Who ensures that the system is operated fairly?

Oh, and you are aware that non-EU immigration is higher that EU immigration aren't you?

Time to stop believing what you read in the Sun/Mail/Express or wherever you get your sound-bites from.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3442 on May 31, 2019, 03:09:24 pm by foxbat »
What's the collective noun for right wing ,sh1te publishing ,newspapers ?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3443 on May 31, 2019, 03:11:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
NNW. So you're not suggesting that the Mail and Express front pages you show are racist?

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3444 on May 31, 2019, 03:30:03 pm by foxbat »
Well played Elton John -

Sir Elton John has declared he is “ashamed” of the UK in an on-stage tirade about Brexit.

Before performing his hit “Believe” in Verona, Italy, Sir Elton launched into a rant about being “European” as opposed to a “colonial English idiot”.

He was filmed saying on Wednesday: “I’m compassionate, and I really believe that we need more love and compassion in the world today. A lot more.

“I am so sick to death of politicians, especially British politicians.“I am sick to death of Brexit. I am a European. I am not a stupid, colonial, imperialist English idiot.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3445 on May 31, 2019, 03:56:16 pm by Axholme Lion »
AL

He'll just have to check with the Mail and the Express to answer those questions BST.

But I'm feeling generous, so I'll help him out

The worrying thing to me is that people like AL not only believe these lies, they propagate them.  No wonder we're in the mess we are!

This country is vastly overpopulated. FACT
Getting rid of people who shouldn't be here should the first step in putting this right and returning this country into a green and pleasant land it once was, rather than the grey, concrete, scum ridden, shithole it has become thanks to the likes of Tony Blair teaching us all a lesson.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3446 on May 31, 2019, 04:10:52 pm by Not Now Kato »
NNW. So you're not suggesting that the Mail and Express front pages you show are racist?

BB. I'm suggesting that they are, at best grossly misleading, at worst downright lies.  Neither more nor less.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3447 on May 31, 2019, 04:18:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So they're not racist then, sorted.

Now then, back to the points-based system. Let's reword it for you.  What is wrong about wanting a points-based system based on migrants from all over the world, instead of one where European's get preference?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3448 on May 31, 2019, 04:22:27 pm by Not Now Kato »

This country is vastly overpopulated. FACT
Getting rid of people who shouldn't be here should the first step in putting this right and returning this country into a green and pleasant land it once was, rather than the grey, concrete, scum ridden, shithole it has become thanks to the likes of Tony Blair teaching us all a lesson.

And how many people are here that shouldn't be, (real numbers, not the exaggerations/lies of the Sun/Mail/Express )?

Who determines who should be here and who shouldn't?

Why have successive governments failed to implement the border controls they always had the right to implement under EU rules but chose not to?

The problem isn't across the channel, it's right here, has been for years and years, and won't change when we leave the EU. 

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3449 on May 31, 2019, 04:24:57 pm by Not Now Kato »
So they're not racist then, sorted.

Now then, back to the points-based system. Let's reword it for you.  What is wrong about wanting a points-based system based on migrants from all over the world, instead of one where European's get preference?

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, I never brought up the subject of racism - you did!

And regarding a points based immigration system, I asked you three very pertinent questions.  Care to answer them?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012