Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:31:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373482 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3660 on June 29, 2019, 08:01:27 am by wilts rover »
Wilts.

1) Oh but Labour's policy on Brexit DOES matter. It's the reason that Labour has lost 6million supporters in 6 months. I think that matters rather a lot. Don't you?

2) The classic blame-shifting line is neat. It might work on someone who didn't follow politics closely. Unfortunately I do. And I recall very clearly that Statement was pushing very hard for SM membership to be kept as an option in 2017. He was very loudly and publicly slapped down by Corbyn. Starmer is now working within the limits set for him by Corbyn. As for "Close to". Corbyn was pushing something very similar in mid 2017. The problem is, it's never been explained why we shouldn't just stay in, and so this looks like political sleight of hand.

I said "neat" didn't I? It's actually quite dispiriting to see you trying to distance Corbyn from his own lifelong policy position. We KNOW Corbyn's take. You support the man. Embrace it!

The problem is Billy you are just blinded by your hatred of Corbyn. I give you evidence, newspaper articles, an interview by Starmer, that policy is not Corbyn's own personal policy but by a wider group. You might not like it - but it's true.

In Robert Peston's WTF he mentions the interview Corbyn did with Paxman during the 2017 Election. Paxman quizzed him on the Manifesto and asked him why things he had been campaigning for all his life weren't in it. 'Because I am a democrat' was Corbyn's answer.

If you don't like democracy then just keep attacking Corbyn and you will achieve your aim of keeping him and Labour out of government. In fact you will achieve the aim of those right wing journalists and lobby groups you keep railing about. Well done.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3661 on June 29, 2019, 08:15:20 am by wilts rover »
By the way Wilts. Yer man LeftyStats. Looks like he has got with the project too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1144330523898257408

Another one for the little black book.

'Got with the project'?

It's a good account that provides statistical information to make policy decisions. They seem to appreciate the difficulties and problems that Corbyn has without bothering to resort to attacks on him and then wondering why this has an effect on support. Is that your 'project'?

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1144566415892123648

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3663 on June 29, 2019, 10:42:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wilts.

I'm seeing the problem here. Where this bunker mentality comes from.

You actually believe I hate Corbyn. You. Actually. Believe. That.

God help us. I don't hate Corbyn. I want him in No 10. I've campaigned for him in Elections (I assume you did the same for Blair and Brown...?)

I don't hate him. I just despair that he's f**king useless on several issues where  his ideological fixations, and those of his advisers, push the Labour party into policy stances that have taken the party to the worst position since before the Treaty of Versailles.

But you carry on telling yourself that the problem is not Corbyn. It's everyone else who is wrong.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 11:48:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3664 on June 29, 2019, 10:46:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
By 'got with the project', no, I don't mean attacked Corbyn. I mean, understood how dangerous Corbyn's Brexit policy is.

LeftyStats sums it up perfectly and much more pithily than I have. He says, "Labour winning without Leave supporters is difficult. Winning without Remain supporters is impossible."

That is the awful truth that Corbyn will not face up to. And it's the truth that you reject as coming from hatred of Corbyn.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3665 on June 30, 2019, 10:49:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well now. This shows the disaster that Labour is now in.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/28/what-would-it-take-labour-win-general-election-new

Under a Corbyn leadership, Labour will be annihilated at a GE if it keeps its current Brexit stance according to those numbers. Even if Labour committed to Ref2 under Corbyn, most of the supporters that Labour have lost to the LDs and Greens ain't coming back.

Come on then lads. It's your party now, as several of you gleefully told me over the past 3 years.

What are you going to do?

See, because it's looking to me very much like you have f**ked the Labour party.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:52:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3666 on June 30, 2019, 11:56:20 am by SydneyRover »
We may have to start cheering on Boris to maintain the rage :facepalm:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3667 on July 01, 2019, 10:26:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh this is delightful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/drdavidbull/status/1145597763998142465

"For some reason, the EU decided to put it's Parliament in a very strange place."

It's in Strasbourg. In the f**king centre of Western Europe you utter d**khead. What's your doctorate in? f**kwittery? Where did you expect it to be based? Milton f**king Keynes?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:28:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3668 on July 02, 2019, 02:15:18 pm by bobjimwilly »
Oh this is delightful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/drdavidbull/status/1145597763998142465

"For some reason, the EU decided to put it's Parliament in a very strange place."

It's in Strasbourg. In the f**king centre of Western Europe you utter d**khead. What's your doctorate in? f**kwittery? Where did you expect it to be based? Milton f**king Keynes?

Dom Jolly's response sums it up: https://mobile.twitter.com/domjoly/status/1145952630755270656

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3669 on July 02, 2019, 03:49:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good to see the Brexit Party MEPs using all that tax payers' money that Bull (ahem...) was complaining about for travelling to Strasbourg in order to make a show of turning their backs on the opening of the Parliament.

I see Bull has tweeted today that they have gone there to represent the British people. That'll make a change. Farage has spent the past couple of decades collecting his MEP salary and expenses then not bothering to turn up to the vast majority of sittings and votes.

EDIT:
Oh aye. I forgot. Farage was using those expenses to illegally fund his work NOT as an MEP.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42669293

And, at the same time as collecting his 9000 Euros a month salary while not actually doing what an MEP was supposed to do, he was also taking the thick end of £0.5M from Arron Banks to fund other activities and not declaring that as a conflict of interests.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-eu-investigation_uk_5ce41484e4b075a35a2e03b0?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACY4ex7opZ_I1pZSBvlsr5qjJXy0iX9tRbuXo4srz8VBgDNGyiK2kds0VEFZiclp8M1bF9RLMoiRr2yGKSPGHc0RjbtTy0Q2tZSanRLvEv4_owoIJ7oPQXzBL5DC_xRi63e4z1H5ajoHYU4W-sNyodDfccNqH12icGChz15ia7FN

Because, of course, anyone who is looking for a new career (while still taking a salary for not doing their existing job) needs access to a £4M Mayfair flat, a chauffeur-driven Range Rover and first class flights to the USA. Especially someone who is taking on the elite on behalf of the common man.

Ever think you've been played lads?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:00:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3670 on July 02, 2019, 04:01:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see Widdecombe has been complaining that she was allocated a locker in Strasbourg that was out of her reach. I understand her frustration. The locker WAS placed in the 21st century, which is really unfair on her.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3671 on July 02, 2019, 05:17:01 pm by wilts rover »
Fascinating behaviour in Strasbourg today. Now where before in history have you seen a political party turn their backs on their fellow democratically elected politicians.

Yup, right first time...

https://telescoper.wordpress.com/tag/nazi-party/

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3672 on July 02, 2019, 05:18:01 pm by scawsby steve »
Good to see the Brexit Party MEPs using all that tax payers' money that Bull (ahem...) was complaining about for travelling to Strasbourg in order to make a show of turning their backs on the opening of the Parliament.

I see Bull has tweeted today that they have gone there to represent the British people. That'll make a change. Farage has spent the past couple of decades collecting his MEP salary and expenses then not bothering to turn up to the vast majority of sittings and votes.

EDIT:
Oh aye. I forgot. Farage was using those expenses to illegally fund his work NOT as an MEP.

And, at the same time as collecting his 9000 Euros a month salary while not actually doing what an MEP was supposed to do, he was also taking the thick end of £0.5M from Arron Banks to fund other activities and not declaring that as a conflict of interests.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-eu-investigation_uk_5ce41484e4b075a35a2e03b0?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACY4ex7opZ_I1pZSBvlsr5qjJXy0iX9tRbuXo4srz8VBgDNGyiK2kds0VEFZiclp8M1bF9RLMoiRr2yGKSPGHc0RjbtTy0Q2tZSanRLvEv4_owoIJ7oPQXzBL5DC_xRi63e4z1H5ajoHYU4W-sNyodDfccNqH12icGChz15ia7FN

Because, of course, anyone who is looking for a new career (while still taking a salary for not doing their existing job) needs access to a £4M Mayfair flat, a chauffeur-driven Range Rover and first class flights to the USA. Especially someone who is taking on the elite on behalf of the common man.

I knew you'd bring up the back-turning business Billy; however, you've got the wrong end of the stick; they weren't turning their backs at the opening of Parliament, they were protesting at the playing of the national anthem for something that isn't a nation.

While we're on the subject, I notice you conveniently fail to mention the Lib Dem MEPs going into a political chamber of smartly dressed people, wearing scruffy T shirts with the usual foul-mouthed slogan on the back.

Glass houses, stones and all that?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3673 on July 02, 2019, 05:28:51 pm by wilts rover »

EDIT:

I knew you'd bring up the back-turning business Billy; however, you've got the wrong end of the stick; they weren't turning their backs at the opening of Parliament, they were protesting at the playing of the national anthem for something that isn't a nation.

While we're on the subject, I notice you conveniently fail to mention the Lib Dem MEPs going into a political chamber of smartly dressed people, wearing scruffy T shirts with the usual foul-mouthed slogan on the back.

Glass houses, stones and all that?

Errr Steve, if the EU isn't a nation (which it isn't) how can it have a national anthem?

The Ode to Joy is the anthem of the European Union. The European Parliament is the democratically elected legislative body of the European Union. To which members of the Brexit Party put themselves forward to represent the UK at. That's ALL the people of the UK. If they don't like it - don't go. Like Sinn Fein.

I agree about the Lib Dems, that was also pathetic. If you want to join in a protest stand outside. In Parliament they are there to represent all their constituents - whichever way they voted.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3674 on July 02, 2019, 06:33:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Agreed on all of that Wilts.

Farage is back to grandstanding which is all he ever does in Strasbourg.

SS. What about Farage's expenses and undeclared payments from Banks? Any thoughts?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3675 on July 02, 2019, 07:44:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Presumably they'd also turn their backs on the Olympic Anthem because the Olympics aren't a nation either. Daft t**ts.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3676 on July 02, 2019, 08:20:05 pm by bpoolrover »

SS. What about Farage's expenses and undeclared payments from Banks? Any thoughts?
at the minute thou they have done nothing illegal

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3677 on July 02, 2019, 08:35:53 pm by idler »
That applied to a lot of MPs that ended up paying back expenses.😉

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3678 on July 02, 2019, 09:21:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

at the minute thou they have done nothing illegal
Well, Farage did have €35,000 docked from his pay last year to cover the expenses he'd claimed for a staff member that never worked on EU business.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3679 on July 03, 2019, 12:33:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That applied to a lot of MPs that ended up paying back expenses.😉

Yes. And they were rightly castigated for it.

Farage continues to be untouchable for 25% of the population. It baffles me. They actually think he's on their side!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3680 on July 03, 2019, 02:01:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Looks like there's previous in terms of politicians in Europe turning their backs.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-members-the-nsdap-in-the-reichstag-1930-36997280.html

Who'd have thought it.

Anyway, as a bit of light relief, I heard someone tonight describe the perfect noun for the Farageists turning to show the side other than their front.

Backgammon.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3681 on July 03, 2019, 08:47:34 am by idler »
It just came across as childish to me. They are supposed to be grown adults and getting very well paid for the job they do.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3682 on July 03, 2019, 04:51:27 pm by scawsby steve »
Again, where is the condemnation of the Lib Dems from all of you? because so far only Wilts has had the honesty to express how pathetic it was.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3683 on July 03, 2019, 05:08:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS
I think you must have missed the bit where I said I agreed 100% with all of Wilts's post.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3684 on July 03, 2019, 05:13:10 pm by scawsby steve »
SS
I think you must have missed the bit where I said I agreed 100% with all of Wilts's post.

So you did Billy; my apologies.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3685 on July 03, 2019, 07:55:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No problem SS.

There's a couple of bigger issues with Farage and he is mob's antics though. Anyone who reacts negatively to hearing Beethoven's 9th needs to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror. It's one of the pinnacles of human achievement..

And acting divisively in Strasbourg of all places. There's been more wars fought over Strasbourg than any other place on earth. All down to competitive petty nationalism. That idiot Bull might want to reflect on why the EU Parliament is there. What it symbolises. And how stupidly dangerous it is trying to undermine the EU in an era when aggressive nationalism is on the rise across the globe.

I've pointed out before that between 100BC and 1945, an army crossed the Rhine to do battle once every 37 years on average. Countless millions of lives have been lost because of that. The fundamental purpose of the EU was to make that happening again unthinkable.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:59:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3686 on July 04, 2019, 12:37:24 pm by SydneyRover »
Ann Widdecombe in the European Parliament

https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/status/1146727990627381253
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:43:42 pm by SydneyRover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3688 on July 05, 2019, 11:02:48 am by Not Now Kato »

A representative of a former empire that ACTUALLY enslaved, brutalised and massacred people accuses a voluntary international community of enslavement! You really couldn't make this up.   :turd:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3689 on July 05, 2019, 11:09:17 am by SydneyRover »

A representative of a former empire that ACTUALLY enslaved, brutalised and massacred people accuses a voluntary international community of enslavement! You really couldn't make this up.   :turd:

She did and people will vote for her.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012