Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:10:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373518 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3750 on July 19, 2019, 09:00:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Here we go again bst! If you take your barganing chips off the table you will never get anything in life

OK then, Johnson is going to put those chips back on the table again. What do you expect that to get him?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3751 on July 19, 2019, 09:03:55 pm by bpoolrover »
I’ve no idea Glynn probably more than taking it off at a guess would you not think?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3752 on July 19, 2019, 09:06:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

I truly despair. That is the worst analogy I've ever heard.

Nuclear deterence  works because it is a final backstop against existential failure. It is one side saying to the other "Don't think about invading us, or attacking our existential vital interests, because if you out us in a position where we have nothing to lose, we will take you down with us.

How in God's name does that port across as a lesson for the Brexit talks?

And, I say again. Even if it did, what, precisely, do you think we should have got from the negotiations that we didn't?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3753 on July 19, 2019, 09:07:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I’ve no idea Glynn probably more than taking it off at a guess would you not think?

No I don't think. We got May's deal with it on the table. What difference did it make? None as far as I can see because just threatening No Deal won't make the EU change their rules, they'll just let us go and make the best of it they can. It has no leverage at all.

And Boris putting it back on the table will achieve bugger all. Even he won't say what he thinks it will get him.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:09:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3754 on July 19, 2019, 09:13:51 pm by bpoolrover »
Let’s wait and see the eu are known to have last minute change of hearts, if he can’t get anything better out of it then maybe it’s time for a re think but at least give him the chance, and it surprises me how you actually know Glynn what the eu think all it is, is your opinion

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3755 on July 19, 2019, 09:14:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Let’s wait and see the eu are known to have last minute change of hearts, if he can’t get anything better out of it then maybe it’s time for a re think but at least give him the chance, and it surprises me how you actually know Glynn what the eu think all it is, is your opinion

What did we get out of them at the last minute in March?

As for what the EU think, they've been telling everybody since before the referendum even took place. If you bother to listen to them. But if it makes you feel better, just pretend it's only my opinion if you want.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:16:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #3756 on July 19, 2019, 09:21:50 pm by tommy toes »
Aye. David Davies kept saying '
They'll change their minds at the last minute and give us the deal we want'
Still waiting....

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3757 on July 19, 2019, 09:25:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

A last minute change of heart about WHAT?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3758 on July 19, 2019, 10:19:30 pm by wilts rover »

Getting fed up of us complaining, moaning, being unable to decide what we want and kicking us out without a deal - then telling us never to come back and take out non-existent ferries with us.

That'll teach them bloomin ferriners. It will serve them right when we have food shortages because the ports are blocked up, see how they like it then...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3759 on July 19, 2019, 10:37:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Man 1: We need to get more from the EU. The EU has not given us a fair deal.

Man 2: What more do you think we should have got?

Man 1: Mumbles incoherently....But it's all the Remainers' fault!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3760 on July 19, 2019, 11:18:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
EU: Hey, hang on a minute, apparently, there are STILL some Remainers in the UK!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3761 on July 19, 2019, 11:50:06 pm by SydneyRover »
To set off a nuclear weapon would be a stupid idea to but countries use them as a deterrent, you could be right it might be awful for our economy but it would be for the eu as well, then it’s a lose lose situation and maybe just maybe you would have a chance at getting a better deal, take it off you have none, can you not see that? If you were prime minister bst and had no option but to do brexit would you try and negotiate with no deal?

And BP it might just blow up in your face, johnson has been undermining the EU forever and now he fancies himself as Churchill.
johnson is the perfect w**ker in every way.
Negotiating with no-deal as we have all said before is as dumb as saying if you don't let me have my rattle back I'm going to kick myself in the balls.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3762 on July 20, 2019, 12:36:19 am by bpoolrover »

Getting fed up of us complaining, moaning, being unable to decide what we want and kicking us out without a deal - then telling us never to come back and take out non-existent ferries with us.

That'll teach them bloomin ferriners. It will serve them right when we have food shortages because the ports are blocked up, see how they like it then...
why bring foreigners into it? You need calm down a little lol 😂

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3763 on July 20, 2019, 12:37:24 am by bpoolrover »

As for what the EU think, they've been telling everybody since before the referendum even took place. If you bother to listen to them. But if it makes you feel better, just pretend it's only my opinion if you want.
we didn’t get anything that’s my point barnier even said they he new that we woukd not leave with no deal under may

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3764 on July 20, 2019, 12:40:02 am by bpoolrover »
To set off a nuclear weapon would be a stupid idea to but countries use them as a deterrent, you could be right it might be awful for our economy but it would be for the eu as well, then it’s a lose lose situation and maybe just maybe you would have a chance at getting a better deal, take it off you have none, can you not see that? If you were prime minister bst and had no option but to do brexit would you try and negotiate with no deal?

And BP it might just blow up in your face, johnson has been undermining the EU forever and now he fancies himself as Churchill.
Negotiating with no-deal as we have all said before is as dumb as saying if you don't let me have my rattle back I'm going to kick myself in the balls.
if you read what I said I never said leave with no deal I said keep it on the table, whoever is in the Tory party Sydney you will call a w**ker! Would you vote for a party that has always had a higher un employment when they leave office to when they took office? If you would surely that would be rather silly

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3765 on July 20, 2019, 12:52:07 am by SydneyRover »

if you read what I said I never said leave with no deal I said keep it on the table, whoever is in the Tory party Sydney you will call a w**ker! Would you vote for a party that has always had a higher un employment when they leave office to when they took office? If you would surely that would be rather silly

I reserve that special tag w**ker just for boris because that's what a w**kers is someone that talks but never walks.
I and others are trying to get through to you that you can't negotiate using no-deal as a lever because as the road-runner finds out time after time it blows up in his face. beep beep

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3766 on July 20, 2019, 02:14:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »

we didn’t get anything that’s my point barnier even said they he new that we woukd not leave with no deal under may

Of COURSE he knew we wouldn't leave with No Deal. Every sentient person on the planet knows we won't leave with No Deal, because it'll cost us £1trn over the next decade. So threatening it is just f**king stupid, because it is not believable.

This isn't like haggling over a used car.

Anyway. What deal do you think we might have got if we'd threatened to leave with No Deal and Barnier had shite it and given us what we wanted?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3767 on July 20, 2019, 10:54:52 pm by SydneyRover »
''Brexit funder Arron Banks threatens Netflix over Great Hack documentary''

''The Great Hack’s co-director Karim Amer said: “We have received a letter from Arron Banks’s solicitors, which we have responded to, making clear that we stand by the contents of the film and will vigorously defend against any claim. We find it ridiculous that Arron Banks and his solicitors would issue such a letter without having seen the actual film''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/20/arron-banks-netflix-threat-great-hack-documentary

Here's how you can help, boycott this company's products.

https://eldoninsurance.co.uk/

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3768 on July 22, 2019, 10:02:13 pm by wilts rover »
Some interesting news on the actual effect of No Deal that people may be interested in.

Given all that is going on it may have escaped your notice that Andrew Percy, MP for Brigg & Goole (a Johnson supporters, he was one of the people trotted out on the radio to say how great he would be as PM) resigned today as the trade envoy to Canada. Quoting the lack of understanding in government of what no deal would mean - as the Canadians have shown.

Canada have a trade deal with the EU known as CETA. The UK have asked Canada to roll over CETA after Brexit. However the Canadians have refused as we have already said that in the event of No Deal we will scrap import tariffs, that will actually give Canadian exporters to the UK better terms than they have under CETA.

But the Canadians are not going to reciprocate. Instead they are going to raise their tariffs on British goods. For instance a block of cheese that currently has 0% tariff will be increased 245%!

That's what 'we hold all the cards' means in practice...

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1153375136000729089

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-latest-trade-envoy-quit-deal-canada-a9012421.html

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3769 on July 22, 2019, 10:32:18 pm by SydneyRover »
So effectively zero exports to Canada Wilts.

They don't know what they don't know.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3770 on July 22, 2019, 11:36:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, Johnson was reported to be "visibly shaken" after a briefing by senior civil servants on the consequences of No Deal.

He was told there was a likelihood of civil unrest because of problems in securing basics like life saving drugs and chemicals to ensure we have clean water.

Tell you what. If he's only just found this out, he f**king well wants visibly shaking. He wants f**king shaking till it f**king shakes some bas**rd sense into him.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3771 on July 23, 2019, 11:00:32 am by MachoMadness »
Considering the bar for Brexiter MPs is set at "not knowing how important the Dover - Calais crossing is", I'm not surprised.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3772 on July 26, 2019, 10:48:14 am by SydneyRover »
''According to Jim Pickard and Gillian Tett in today’s Financial Times (paywall), Nigel Farage, the Brexit party leader, and some Donald Trump supporters in the US are backing a new group, World4Brexit, which is being set up to lobby for Brexit. Farage told the FT he was not convinced Boris Johnson will deliver Brexit''

Excellent, just what we want more foreign influence.

But I like this type of foreign influence! ha

Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the US House of Representatives, has restated her view that congress will not pass a UK-US trade deal if Boris Johnson’s government puts the open border between Ireland and Northern Ireland at risk, the Irish Times reports. Pelosi said:

We made it clear in our conversations with senior members of the Conservative party earlier this year that there should be no return to a hard border on the island. That position has not changed. Any trade deal between the US and Great Britain would have to be cognisant of that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:07:59 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3773 on July 28, 2019, 12:10:26 am by SydneyRover »
''Hammond plots with Labour to kill Johnson’s no-deal Brexit''

''The former Tory chancellor Philip Hammond held private talks with Labour’s Brexit spokesman Keir Starmer shortly before Boris Johnson entered Downing Street last Wednesday, to plot cross-party moves aimed at preventing the new prime minister agreeing to a no-deal Brexit''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/27/hammond-plots-with-starmer-to-kill-no-deal-brexit

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3774 on July 30, 2019, 10:23:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
All these folk who said that they were voting for No Deal in 2016 and they knew what it meant...

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikebutcher/status/1155830876963528706

Aye, right...

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3775 on July 30, 2019, 03:22:07 pm by foxbat »
In June 2016 #Brexit voting expats on the Spanish Costa's got €876 for their UK pension. Today it's just €727. How stupid were they?

Similarly a #Brexit voting family who took €2000 spends on holiday in 2016 would have paid £1500, it's now £1950. How stupid were they?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3776 on July 30, 2019, 08:10:34 pm by Boomstick »
Meanwhile, Johnson was reported to be "visibly shaken" after a briefing by senior civil servants on the consequences of No Deal.

He was told there was a likelihood of civil unrest because of problems in securing basics like life saving drugs and chemicals to ensure we have clean water.

Tell you what. If he's only just found this out, he f**king well wants visibly shaking. He wants f**king shaking till it f**king shakes some bas**rd sense into him.

Absolute fear mongering b*llocks.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3777 on July 30, 2019, 08:34:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What's going to happen at the Irish border when No Deal happens then?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3778 on July 30, 2019, 08:49:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Nothing.  Only the eu can enforce something happening if uk says no.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3779 on July 30, 2019, 09:37:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Nothing.  Only the eu can enforce something happening if uk says no.

Eh? It'll be a hard border, it has to be.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012