Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:36:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373477 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4080 on August 29, 2019, 07:20:47 am by Bentley Bullet »
Fred: "I'm going to win the football pools next week".

George: "You don't know that for sure"

Fred: "I do. Gary Lineker gave 8 score draws in the Guardian"

George: "Gary Lineker, despite his great knowledge of football, has no more ability to win the football pools than I have".

Fred: "OK then, YOU give me 8 winning numbers for next week, smart arse!"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4081 on August 29, 2019, 07:24:19 am by SydneyRover »
''Football match-fixing: six arrested by police investigating betting syndicate as rigging hits British game
Telegraph exclusive: members of an alleged betting syndicate are arrested on suspicion of fixing football games in the biggest match-rigging scandal for decades''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10479667/Football-match-fixing-six-arrested-by-police-investigating-betting-syndicate-as-rigging-hits-British-game.html

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4082 on August 29, 2019, 07:35:52 am by DonnyOsmond »
Hi BB, while you are here why don't you tell us what you want from brexit and how it will improve the country, you appear to want to be the smart cookie, no-one else can.

Well BB originally voted to remain but now wants to Leave because it would be democratic... Wonder if he still thinks it is.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4083 on August 29, 2019, 07:45:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
''Football match-fixing: six arrested by police investigating betting syndicate as rigging hits British game
Telegraph exclusive: members of an alleged betting syndicate are arrested on suspicion of fixing football games in the biggest match-rigging scandal for decades''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10479667/Football-match-fixing-six-arrested-by-police-investigating-betting-syndicate-as-rigging-hits-British-game.html
Is that not unlike sabotaging Brexit and then betting that it won't happen?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4084 on August 29, 2019, 07:46:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
Hi BB, while you are here why don't you tell us what you want from brexit and how it will improve the country, you appear to want to be the smart cookie, no-one else can.

Well BB originally voted to remain but now wants to Leave because it would be democratic... Wonder if he still thinks it is.

Yes

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4085 on August 29, 2019, 07:57:50 am by DonnyOsmond »

Yes

Hahahahahaahaha.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4086 on August 29, 2019, 08:27:15 am by SydneyRover »

Is that not unlike sabotaging Brexit and then betting that it won't happen?

The problem is BB, the team you support sabotaged brexit and failed to get it up over 3 years and in all that time and all the time leading up to the vote in 2016 you still can't tell us what you want from it and how it will improve life for those living in the UK.

And now you have your blind faith in a liar, cheat and casual racist and someone that wants to achieve what he wants by abuse of process. Well that's democracy by brexiteers for you.

Added: my suspicion is you won't put pen to paper and tell us because you can't think of anything that will improve and you know deep down over time you'll be proven wrong so rather than face up to this you say nothing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:39:22 am by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4087 on August 29, 2019, 08:40:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
You see Sydney, that's all well and good if that's what you believe. But it is only really all well and good if what you believe is true!

That, my friend, is the problem!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4088 on August 29, 2019, 08:42:15 am by SydneyRover »
You see Sydney, that's all well and good if that's what you believe. But it is only really all well and good if what you believe is true!

That, my friend, is the problem!

And you continue to say nothing at all.

mod: you lack the courage of your convictions

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4089 on August 29, 2019, 08:45:41 am by Bentley Bullet »
Sydney. Do you ever actually read my posts, or are you a bit hard of thinking?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4090 on August 29, 2019, 08:47:40 am by SydneyRover »
Sydney. Do you ever actually read my posts, or are you a bit hard of thinking?

When you actually say something I will

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4091 on August 29, 2019, 09:03:52 am by Bentley Bullet »
How do you know what I'm saying if you don't read them?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4092 on August 29, 2019, 09:11:35 am by SydneyRover »
How do you know what I'm saying if you don't read them?
Let's start with something fairly simple and work up. If we leave with no-deal and the EU puts a tariff on our goods and our imports from the EU are more expensive, do you think this will be A/ better or B/ worse for the UK? If we do a trade deal with the US where they have a lower floor on wages and Trump want access to our NHS do you think we will have to reduce wages and conditions to compete? Do you think that a trade deals with India/Mexico/South America will help our steel industry?

Or to make it even simpler, you've had more than 3 years to think about it remember, what do you personally want from brexit and how will it improve anything at all?

You can phone a friend I'm sure Steve will be able to help.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:25:22 am by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4093 on August 29, 2019, 09:27:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
I don't imagine many people actually want to leave with no deal. However, without the threat of leaving with no deal how the f**k can we get the best deal? If, at the end of the day we are going to agree to a deal anyway, why on god's earth would they offer us a good deal?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4094 on August 29, 2019, 09:38:35 am by tommy toes »
Madame Toes and me are going on the anti Brexit London march on October 19th. (Buses from Meadowhell £25 at 7am if anyone's interested)
We're also doing the anti prorogue march in Donny town centre this Satdy at 12 (now that the Bury game is off)

Both these events might might make no difference but at least I'll feel I've done something/anything rather than just sit here and accept the crock of ordure this and Cameron's government has thrown at us.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4095 on August 29, 2019, 09:39:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
For the fiftieth time.

How in the name of holy f**k does "Give me what I want or I'll blow my kneecaps off" work as a negotiating strategy?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4096 on August 29, 2019, 09:41:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And how do you determine that calling for a public vote on an issue as being anti-democratic, while closing down Parliament to prevent a vote on the same issue, and hence force through an outcome that there has NEVER been a majority for as acceptable?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4097 on August 29, 2019, 09:46:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST, you really never give up, do you? I'm simply supplying an actual fact, of which you (as usual) haven't answered, but instead responded with another silly statement of your own thoughts, that says more about the state of your mind that actual reality.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4098 on August 29, 2019, 09:52:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. You've woken up in one of THOSE moods today have you?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4099 on August 29, 2019, 09:57:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
We all have different levels of bullshit tolerance. Mine soon reaches its limit when I re-visit this thread.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4100 on August 29, 2019, 10:05:51 am by tommy toes »
I don't imagine many people actually want to leave with no deal. However, without the threat of leaving with no deal how the f**k can we get the best deal? If, at the end of the day we are going to agree to a deal anyway, why on god's earth would they offer us a good deal?

Oh right. I remember David Davies saying on Question Time that the EU would give us a good deal at the last minute, that's how these things work.

Well they didn't.

And they've made it quite clear they ain't going to now despite Boris getting his sixshooter out like John f**king Wayne.
The best we can hope for is agreeing something very like Teresa May's deal which Boris consistently voted against.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4101 on August 29, 2019, 10:09:34 am by Bentley Bullet »
What do you mean they didn't? We haven't reached the last minute yet!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4102 on August 29, 2019, 10:15:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It's like a f**king drug isn't it, this Leave thing.

Millions of people, their brains turned to sludge, repeating this shit in low voices about how we need to bully the EU into offering us a deal.

And never, EVER having a f**king clue as to what sort of things they want in a deal, why the deal the EU actual DID give us is unacceptable, and why that previous deal is the red line beyond which the EU cannot move.

You explain these things over and o er again, then the next day it's back to half-sentient grunts of "EU...Got to bully the EU into deal."

Pitiful. Grown adults just switching off their brains.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4103 on August 29, 2019, 10:24:40 am by tommy toes »
What do you mean they didn't? We haven't reached the last minute yet!

Very good BB!
It depends which last minute you're talking about.
They gave us the terms ages ago when we were supposed to leave and they haven't changed. They cannot change its simple. To do so would undermine what the EU is all about.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4104 on August 29, 2019, 10:33:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Leave it TT.

BB's never interested in actually discussing this. He refuses to talk about anything that might happen in the future (because you can't predict the future) then refuses to discuss any previous predictions that have been shown to be correct, because you can't prove that it happened because of why you said it was going to happen.

I picture him as one of those ancient Stoic philosophers, living in a barrel on top of a ten foot high pole, trying to block out the entire world of information around them.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4105 on August 29, 2019, 10:41:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
Tommy. If I no longer wanted to belong to an establishment and they told me I could only leave on their terms I'd tell them to f**k off.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4106 on August 29, 2019, 10:45:32 am by tommy toes »
Tommy. If I no longer wanted to belong to an establishment and they told me I could only leave on their terms I'd tell them to f**k off.
OK. So we've got to the bottom of it then. You want to leave with no deal.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4107 on August 29, 2019, 10:45:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
Leave it TT.

BB's never interested in actually discussing this. He refuses to talk about anything that might happen in the future (because you can't predict the future) then refuses to discuss any previous predictions that have been shown to be correct, because you can't prove that it happened because of why you said it was going to happen.

I picture him as one of those ancient Stoic philosophers, living in a barrel on top of a ten foot high pole, trying to block out the entire world of information around them.

BST, the problem there is this 'world of information' includes people of ridiculous political bias preaching one-sided bullshit.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4108 on August 29, 2019, 10:49:13 am by Bentley Bullet »
OK. So we've got to the bottom of it then. You want to leave with no deal.

Of course I don't! But in the event of only being allowed to leave on their terms the only alternative would be to join the Britain Surrendering Together Party!

.......And if we did, how do you think the EU would treat us?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4109 on August 29, 2019, 10:52:52 am by tommy toes »
No differently to how they are treating us now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012