Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:25:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373461 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4140 on August 29, 2019, 11:05:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aaaannnddd cue the "Disciples" stage of a BB argument.

You DO know that the idea of Groundhog Day was that Bill Murray sorted out the balls ups he'd made the previous time. He didn't just keep repeating them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4141 on August 29, 2019, 11:24:19 pm by MachoMadness »
I would support a system where citizens of every country have the same rights to live in this country as Europeans, based on an Australian style points-based system.
Most immigrants come from outside Europe, so it seems to me like they have those rights already.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4142 on August 30, 2019, 06:53:15 am by SydneyRover »
''A Scottish judge has retired to consider a legal attempt to block the suspension of the UK Parliament.

Lord Doherty heard arguments from representatives of a cross-party group seeking an interim interdict that would halt the move by the government.

Arguing for the UK government, Roddy Dunlop QC said the issue "was not a matter for the courts".

The judge will return to give his decision at 10:00 on Friday.

The group of 75 parliamentarians are seeking the Scottish legal equivalent of an injunction to stop parliament being suspended, pending a full hearing on 6 September''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49509712

It would be quite amusing if one of those foreigners made a decision that thwarted guido johnson.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4143 on August 30, 2019, 08:19:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The main thing is ensuring that they operate within the law, if they've done that, which they likely have then there cannot be too many complaints IMO.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4144 on August 30, 2019, 08:22:21 am by bobjimwilly »
BYFP - what are you looking forward to most post brexit?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4145 on August 30, 2019, 08:22:47 am by SydneyRover »
The main thing is ensuring that they operate within the law, if they've done that, which they likely have then there cannot be too many complaints IMO.

So lawful 10/10 moral 0/10 OK?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4146 on August 30, 2019, 08:29:09 am by Donnywolf »

Dont know about BFYP but I will look forward to a representative Election / Voting process for the UK or England if the big split comes

Also I will look forward to a "movement" that will look to take us back into the EU at the earliest possible opportunity

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4147 on August 30, 2019, 08:32:09 am by SydneyRover »

So if we could pass a law to declare the Conservative Party a proscribed organisation and then jailed all the members you'd be OK with that bfyp?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4148 on August 30, 2019, 08:49:00 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Dont know about BFYP but I will look forward to a representative Election / Voting process for the UK or England if the big split comes

Also I will look forward to a "movement" that will look to take us back into the EU at the earliest possible opportunity

And how would you feel if Parliament did everything in its power to overturn the result of election/voting process Wolf?

• VSC Member
« Reply #4149 on August 30, 2019, 09:24:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

The realisation that it is nowhere near as horrific as some people are making out.  I am massively against no deal brexit make no mistake on that as much as I am also against the other extreme of stating it's a bit too hard, the people are thick let's ignore them.

The current uncertainty is more damaging than being in or out in the first place and whether you agree or not, the referendum should be honoured and we should have been out by now had the May government not have failed to deliver it.  The reality is parliament doesnt really want brexit and will do whatever it can to stop it.

• VSC Member
« Reply #4150 on August 30, 2019, 09:27:04 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

So if we could pass a law to declare the Conservative Party a proscribed organisation and then jailed all the members you'd be OK with that bfyp?

Well that's a ludicrous comparison isn't it based upon today's position because its wholly unjustified.  But based upon that point is it right to make extremism illegal, yes it is.  Our main parties are not of that persuasion thankfully whether you disagree with them or not.

The laws in question on parliament are how old?  Also read my prior posts, I think it's a bad move from the government, but that doesnt mean they lack the power and legality to do it as far as I can see.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4151 on August 30, 2019, 01:29:41 pm by SydneyRover »
As long as it's law forget the moral situation, is that what you are saying?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4152 on August 30, 2019, 03:42:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Aaaannnddd cue the "Disciples" stage of a BB argument.

You DO know that the idea of Groundhog Day was that Bill Murray sorted out the balls ups he'd made the previous time. He didn't just keep repeating them.

Did it all end in Tears for him also?

Must be a Billy thing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4153 on August 30, 2019, 04:45:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I would support a system where citizens of every country have the same rights to live in this country as Europeans, based on an Australian style points-based system.
Most immigrants come from outside Europe, so it seems to me like they have those rights already.
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/eu-migration-to-and-from-the-uk/

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4154 on August 30, 2019, 04:50:15 pm by scawsby steve »
''A Scottish judge has retired to consider a legal attempt to block the suspension of the UK Parliament.

Lord Doherty heard arguments from representatives of a cross-party group seeking an interim interdict that would halt the move by the government.

Arguing for the UK government, Roddy Dunlop QC said the issue "was not a matter for the courts".

The judge will return to give his decision at 10:00 on Friday.

The group of 75 parliamentarians are seeking the Scottish legal equivalent of an injunction to stop parliament being suspended, pending a full hearing on 6 September''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49509712

It would be quite amusing if one of those foreigners made a decision that thwarted guido johnson.

Your lot have lost; yet again.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4155 on August 30, 2019, 05:26:11 pm by wilts rover »
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/eu-migration-to-and-from-the-uk/

Sorry BB - what is it you are trying to say with this link - because all it does is prove Macho is correct? Most migrants in the UK are from outside the EU and thus the government has full control of whether they can come into the country or not.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4156 on August 30, 2019, 05:40:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Wilts. Are you deliberately missing the point or just plain trying to deceive people into believing you've got a point?

NON-EU MEMBERS DO NOT HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS EU MEMBERS.

The government DOES have full control of whether none-EU members can come here but NOT full control of EU members.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:52:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4157 on August 31, 2019, 09:30:59 am by wilts rover »
Wilts. Are you deliberately missing the point or just plain trying to deceive people into believing you've got a point?

The government DOES have full control of whether none-EU members can come here but NOT full control of EU members.

Hence my confusion at the link to the article you posted - which interesting as it is - does not discuss comparable rights of EU and non-EU citizens.

What it says is: here are countries EU citizens come from, this is why they come, this is what they are entitled to, there has been a fall since the referendum - and by the way more people come to the UK from outside the EU anyway.

So again what is the point of that article in relation to Macho's point that most migrants come from outside Europe?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4158 on August 31, 2019, 09:37:59 am by wilts rover »
Johnson believes that the only way to get a 'good' deal is not to take No Deal off the table because the EU don't want No Deal.

Well if that is so they are bluffing it very well. Yesterday Michael Gove went to watch the first day of a MONTH of No Deal rehearsal preparations in Calais.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/30/gove-watches-no-deal-brexit-practice-run-in-port-of-calais

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4159 on August 31, 2019, 09:44:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes but Johnson doesn't believe anything if the sort does he.

No one who stops to think about this for a moment believes that No Deal is a credible threat. You don't win negotiations by threatening to shoot yourself if you don't get what you want.

No one believes that the UK will willingly take the path of No Deal.

What Johnson wants, f**king Kitson that he is, is for the responsibility for stopping No Deal to hang on Parliament.

Then, at the resulting General Election, he'll paint himself as the frustrated champion of Brexit, who WOULD have taken us out with No Deal if the t**ts in Parliament hadn't stopped him.

Anyone who falls for this is giving up on the ability to think.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4160 on August 31, 2019, 09:50:57 am by Bentley Bullet »

Hence my confusion at the link to the article you posted - which interesting as it is - does not discuss comparable rights of EU and non-EU citizens.

What it says is: here are countries EU citizens come from, this is why they come, this is what they are entitled to, there has been a fall since the referendum - and by the way more people come to the UK from outside the EU anyway.

So again what is the point of that article in relation to Macho's point that most migrants come from outside Europe?

The VERY FIRST paragraph in understanding the evidence.

"EU citizens are a key group in UK immigration policy as they currently enjoy free movement within the European Union and the government cannot limit their rights to live and work in the UK in the same way that it does for non-EU nationals"

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4161 on August 31, 2019, 10:03:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes BB.

Thank you for hammering home the bleeding obvious.

That's the sort of thing that happens when you strike trading deals and arrangements.

India has already said that if we want a post Brexit trade deal the price will include easing of work visas for Indians coming to Britain.

Presumably, by your "What can I have a childish row about today" logic, that would be racist too.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4162 on August 31, 2019, 10:07:33 am by Bentley Bullet »
So why didn't you correct MachoMadness then? Why didn't you correct Mr Wilts then? Keeping the Britain Surrendering Together members under your wing, are we?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4163 on August 31, 2019, 10:12:48 am by Donnywolf »

And how would you feel if Parliament did everything in its power to overturn the result of election/voting process Wolf?

Unsure about what your question is asking but I will try to put my post a different way

My original bit is saying nothing new - I am a fan of Proportional Representation and I hope that if we leave the EU and there is a massive falling out of the Electorate with Parliament that PR emerges which should (I would hope) put an end to extremism either way

The second bit is me saying that if we are taken out of the EU (however it is done) I expect new Parties will emerge / maybe some current Parties may merge and there will be a move by them to take us back into the EU

Dont forget (you cant as I post this often) that the 1975 Referendum was a massive 67 - 33 to Remain in the EU and people got on with their lives EXCEPT for a hard core of a few (mainly) Tory MPs but they have managed over the years to finally get a Referendum in which just over 50% of those Voting - voted Leave

So think what a base of almost 50% of those opposed to Leaving might achieve if they had a vehicle (Political Party or movement) to get behind - to get the UK (or England if the Union splits) back into the EU. I reckon it would not take 44 years

Hope I have answered your question. I AM believe it or not trying to stay out of all EU debates lol and having been on the losing side in 75 and 16 I hope I get another go before I peg it

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4164 on August 31, 2019, 02:49:58 pm by SydneyRover »
Javid says that even though you sacked my advisor without telling me and are running my portfolio from a pirate ship on the thames and made me look like a complete chump "I still love you guido johnson"

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4165 on August 31, 2019, 04:46:25 pm by SydneyRover »
Oh no not porkies again?

"A myth has been propagated by Brexiteers. There is a single “British fishing industry” which will benefit from reclaiming the “60/70/80% of British fish” caught by EU boats.

No, there isn’t. There are competing interests. English v Scottish; deep-sea fishing v inshore fishing; industrial v family-scale boats; fishers v processors. Some of the most vibrant, locally important and ecologically respectful parts of the UK industry have nothing to gain and everything to lose from Brexit.

They depend on shellfish, lobsters, crabs and langoustines (crayfish) that are quota-free or are overwhelmingly allocated to the UK. More than 80% is sold to the continent (mostly Spain and France). This trade has grown large because of the border-free EU single market''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/31/myth-brexit-bonanza-uk-fishing-exposed-no-deal

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4166 on August 31, 2019, 05:06:19 pm by wilts rover »

"EU citizens are a key group in UK immigration policy as they currently enjoy free movement within the European Union and the government cannot limit their rights to live and work in the UK in the same way that it does for non-EU nationals"

That's not evidence! Of anything. It's a statement.

And don't go accusing me of requiring correcting when all I am doing is asking you why you have put up a pointless link.

It's up to you to explain this new Australian points system that you are looking forward too - not me.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4167 on August 31, 2019, 05:08:55 pm by wilts rover »
Yes BB.

Thank you for hammering home the bleeding obvious.

That's the sort of thing that happens when you strike trading deals and arrangements.

India has already said that if we want a post Brexit trade deal the price will include easing of work visas for Indians coming to Britain.

Presumably, by your "What can I have a childish row about today" logic, that would be racist too.

Yes I mentioned that in a post on the previous page and he ignored it. Just like he is going to ignore you saying it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4168 on August 31, 2019, 05:17:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What is there to ignore? As long as we don't get undesirables from India I've no problem with them coming here.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4169 on August 31, 2019, 05:52:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »

That's not evidence! Of anything. It's a statement.

And don't go accusing me of requiring correcting when all I am doing is asking you why you have put up a pointless link.

It's up to you to explain this new Australian points system that you are looking forward too - not me.

Mr Wilts, it shows evidence that EU nationals get more right of entry into the UK than Non-EU nationals. Is that not true?

Why the f**k should I have to explain the Australia points system to you?

Seeing as I'm that kind of guy you can read this if you like.
https://workpermit.com/immigration/australia/australian-skilled-immigration-points-requirements

TinyPortal © 2005-2012