Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:59:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373475 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4440 on September 22, 2019, 08:47:55 pm by IDM »
You can agree sometimes you know, you don’t always have to be contrary for the sake of it.. 

would you change your own beliefs and views just to avoid being seen to agree with BST, for example.?
I've agreed with BST a few times. Show me ONE example on any forum where he's agreed with me.

I’m not saying he has or hasn’t... my point applies to BST too, and to anyone really..

But I have only read you saying you change your view to avoid being seen to agree with others..

That’s me trying to bring the thread back to brexit too..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 08:55:06 pm by IDM »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4441 on September 22, 2019, 08:51:32 pm by RedJ »
no he doesn't

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4442 on September 22, 2019, 08:57:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. This is getting weird. I'm out.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4443 on September 22, 2019, 09:01:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Me too. Bye!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4444 on September 22, 2019, 09:03:25 pm by IDM »
Anyway..

Will be watching to see if the government actually
Comes forward with tangible Brexit deal proposals in the coming days.. we can then have something worthy of debate..

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4445 on September 22, 2019, 09:33:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Exavtly, we have a government saying they'll propose a deal then not and an opposition saying they'll have a referendum on their deal that they may or may not support because they dont know what will be in that deal.

Certainty eh?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4446 on September 22, 2019, 11:54:02 pm by wilts rover »
Exavtly, we have a government saying they'll propose a deal then not and an opposition saying they'll have a referendum on their deal that they may or may not support because they dont know what will be in that deal.

Certainty eh?

#takingbackcontrol

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4447 on September 23, 2019, 10:20:31 am by i_ateallthepies »
You can agree sometimes you know, you don’t always have to be contrary for the sake of it.. 

would you change your own beliefs and views just to avoid being seen to agree with BST, for example.?

NAIL/HEAD!  It has taken three years to finally come clean about the real motive for his pathetic petulant arguing.  Finally, twice in the last 24 hours he's said he would hate to find himself on the same side as BST.  What is sad is that he thinks it actually needed him to say it for the rest of us to know.  We've known for years BB.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4448 on September 23, 2019, 09:08:15 pm by SydneyRover »
''Ireland will not accept ‘halfway house’ Brexit deal, says Varadkar
Taoiseach dismisses reports the State will come under EU pressure to compromise''

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has rejected reports Ireland will come under pressure from larger EU countries to change its stance over Brexit, warning that he will not accept a “halfway house” deal.

Speaking in New York ahead of a meeting with British prime minister Boris Johnson, Mr Varadkar said while some people may believe that Ireland would “somehow fold or give up our position” on Brexit, “that’s not going to happen”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-will-not-accept-halfway-house-brexit-deal-says-varadkar-1.4027765

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4449 on September 23, 2019, 09:45:20 pm by bpoolrover »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938 so labour will wait and see which side they will back couldn’t make it up

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4450 on September 23, 2019, 09:53:51 pm by SydneyRover »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49789938 so labour will wait and see which side they will back couldn’t make it up

You're spot on there bp

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4451 on September 23, 2019, 11:13:23 pm by bobjimwilly »
so labour will wait and see which side they will back

a certain Tory MP did that prior to the referendum...

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4452 on September 24, 2019, 12:14:08 am by bpoolrover »
Yes bob and that is shocking 2

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4453 on September 24, 2019, 12:14:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
so labour will wait and see which side they will back

a certain Tory MP did that prior to the referendum...

Wey-hey!

Brilliant! That's  Corbyn's response to Johnson's criticism in a Leaders' Debate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4454 on September 24, 2019, 12:18:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

I originally thought it was a stupid policy from Labour but it's growing on me.

They are saying to Remain supporters, you WILL get Ref2.

They are saying to Leave supporters, you WILL get a credible Leave option that doesn't involve us kneecapping ourselves.

They are saying to the entire country: This is a f**king mess. The country is horribly split. Parliament is horribly split. Parties are horribly split. We have no right as a party to tell you what to do. We had a referendum where no-one knew the consequences, and it's turned out to be impossible to implement the outcome because the outcome wasn't specific enough. Now it will be specific. And we'll let you choose without us hectoring you as a party.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #4455 on September 24, 2019, 07:12:28 am by BigH »
Bpool.

They are saying to Leave supporters, you WILL get a credible Leave option that doesn't involve us kneecapping ourselves.

They are saying to the entire country: This is a f**king mess. The country is horribly split. Parliament is horribly split. Parties are horribly split. We have no right as a party to tell you what to do. We had a referendum where no-one knew the consequences, and it's turned out to be impossible to implement the outcome because the outcome wasn't specific enough. Now it will be specific. And we'll let you choose without us hectoring you as a party.
It might be the stuff of great Socratic debate BST, but does the average voter care enough to try and get their head round it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4456 on September 24, 2019, 10:10:08 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Bpool.

It might be the stuff of great Socratic debate BST, but does the average voter care enough to try and get their head round it?

That rather depends on how much intelligence you credit them with.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4457 on September 24, 2019, 10:36:04 am by bpoolrover »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49807401 Is that banks clear of all charges now?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4458 on September 24, 2019, 10:48:00 am by MachoMadness »
No - the judgement very specifically says he's not clear of all charges. It refuses to comment on other investigations, which is telling.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4459 on September 24, 2019, 11:01:15 am by bpoolrover »
No - the judgement very specifically says he's not clear of all charges. It refuses to comment on other investigations, which is telling.
thanks mate was working and only had a quick look

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4460 on September 24, 2019, 11:40:25 am by DonnyOsmond »
Bpool.

This is how I've seen it and for me it's the only option that could unite the country.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4461 on September 24, 2019, 11:51:56 am by IDM »
Surely we now have to ask for an extension to Brexit simply to allow time get our own government in order.?

Boris has to resign, so there would then be time to choose a new Tory leader, and then, it’s time for a General Election.

After we have chosen the next government, then we can go back to the EU with deal proposals.

Why would the EU trust Johnson or his government now.?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:00:01 pm by IDM »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4462 on September 24, 2019, 12:27:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Give it Ken Clarke till end of the season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4463 on September 24, 2019, 12:41:29 pm by wing commander »
Boris wont resign nor should he..He should call a general election and maybe this time the opposition partys might go for it..Boris/tory's v Corbyn/labour with the lib dems thrown in...That's the first vote the people should decide....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4464 on September 24, 2019, 12:45:27 pm by IDM »
Please explain why you think he shouldn’t resign.?

He’s ridden roughshod over parliamentary procedures, and the highest court in the land has declared his actions unlawful.

What’s to say he wouldn’t do that again, whether for Brexit or any other issue.?

Why would the EU trust him or his representative now.?

He has flushed his own credibility down the toilet, he has to go..

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4465 on September 24, 2019, 02:51:39 pm by SydneyRover »
Boris Johnson should be impeached if he breaks law, says Plaid Cymru
Frances Perraudin

Plaid Cymru’s Westminster Leader, Liz Saville Roberts, said opposition party leaders should be ready to impeach Boris Johnson if he failed to request an extension to article 50 to avoid a no deal Brexit. She said:

Boris Johnson has already driven a bulldozer through the constitution, so no longer are ideas like impeachment farfetched. I will tell other opposition party leaders, we need to be ready to impeach Boris Johnson if he breaks the law.

In 2004, Boris Johnson supported an attempt to impeach Tony Blair over the Iraq war, co-signing a motion tabled by current Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price.

Writing in a column for The Telegraph at the time, Johnson said that Blair deserved to be impeached because he had “treated Parliament and the public with contempt”. Saville Roberts said:

Impeachment was a process backed by Boris Johnson not so long ago. A man sacked for serially lying backed the impeachment of Blair for the same reason – lying. If the prime minister becomes a law-breaker, we have an even stronger case for impeachment than the very cause he advocated back in 2004.

A spokesman for Plaid Cymru said the party’s priority was to deliver a people’s vote, not a general election, and that they would vote against any motion of no confidence. “Parliament must be sitting whilst the extension [to article 50] is secured, which means beyond the European Council meeting scheduled between the 14th to the 19th October,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/24/brexit-supreme-court-latest-news-labour-conference-starmer-says-it-is-obvious-labour-will-back-remain-despite-conference-vote-live-news

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4466 on September 24, 2019, 03:03:42 pm by The Red Baron »
A spokesman for Plaid Cymru said the party’s priority was to deliver a people’s vote, not a general election, and that they would vote against any motion of no confidence. “Parliament must be sitting whilst the extension [to article 50] is secured, which means beyond the European Council meeting scheduled between the 14th to the 19th October,” he said.

Here you have the point that will divide the opposition, which is of course united in celebrating the SC decision today. It is why I expect that Boris Johnson will still be in No. 10 this time next week, and probably this time next month.

If you ask Jeremy Corbyn, he will say he wants a GE as soon as the extension to Article 50 is secured. I'm far from convinced that all his MPs are on the same page.

In the meantime expect Johnson to start making overtures to the Tory MPs he stripped of the Party Whip. If Dominic Cummings' head is the price to be paid for that, then it's bye, bye Dom. (To be honest, his strategies and tactics have proved pretty useless, and Johnson would probably be well rid of him).

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4467 on September 24, 2019, 03:10:38 pm by The Red Baron »
And here we go... The SNP are calling for an immediate vote of no-confidence but there is already a question about whether one will actually be called. Labour concerned about the splits in their ranks being further exposed perhaps?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4468 on September 24, 2019, 03:32:44 pm by wing commander »
   He shouldn't resign simply because of the turmoil that would create in the short term above it is now...Let the people decide if they trust him to run the Country.These calls for him to resign are equally about opportunity for the Scots,Welsh and Labour.

We can have a g/e in a matter of weeks and put an end to this one way or another..I'm tired of the lot of them,remainers smugly sitting in the house of commons claiming they are ready to get back to work with selfies..Oh Really we've had nothing but squabbling,back stabbing,treachery from the lot of them for 3 years..They've achieved absolutely nothing so the week that they have had off has made no difference...

I appreciate most of you are remainers and every little opportunity to disrupt brexit you are seizing upon to cry foul..i'm tired of every party and both sides of the brexit..So lets get it to the vote

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4469 on September 24, 2019, 03:34:09 pm by The Red Baron »
From Times Political Correspondent:

What is Labour planning to do when Parliament resumes?

They're looking at a three-pronged approach:

* Use a humble address to force the Govt to release Cox legal advice (h/t
@alexwickham
 )

* Bullet-proof the Benn Act

* Force Govt to release more on Yellowhammer

So, no VoC then. Also supports the suspicion that I have held for a while that the Benn Act would not stand up in court, hence the Government's apparently contradictory statements on it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012