Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:00:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373485 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4890 on October 19, 2019, 10:12:47 am by SydneyRover »
That's a more sensible option DO, if we have to suffer a deal rather than remain it should be the best possible not just cos of a corrupt vote or that ppl are fed up, you have to remember who brought this on why they did and why we are still debating it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4891 on October 19, 2019, 10:23:21 am by bpoolrover »
As a remainer thou Sydney no matter what deal is put forward you will say it’s a bad deal and should be rejected and anything the tories put forward you will say is wrong and corrupt,I hope it goes thru it’s gone on to long and if not will just take up years more, there has to be a end to it

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4892 on October 19, 2019, 10:42:46 am by wilts rover »
Sorry bpool but it wont be the end to it. Of anything. What they are discussing today are the terms on our withdrawal which will be the beginning of the discussions for a new trade deal.

In the meantime we also have to pass the necessary legislation to replace EU law in this country. Which is I think 8 large bills and a number of smaller ones.

Estimates are we will be lucky to conclude these discussions in 4 years - more likely 10.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4893 on October 19, 2019, 10:45:25 am by i_ateallthepies »
The only way to end this quickly is to bin the whole shit storm as quickly as possible.  As political commentators have told us repeatedly, voting the political declaration through will only mean more years of deal-making.  A never ending cycle of Brexit dominating the news.

Edit:  Apologies, Wilts.  I wrote this before seeing your better explanation.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4894 on October 19, 2019, 11:02:28 am by IDM »
MPs need to decide if this deal offers a satisfactory way to respect the referendum result.

This is all arse about face.  The deal should have been negotiated with the EU and agreed in Parliament before invoking Article 50, then you’ve automatically got two years transition time.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4895 on October 19, 2019, 11:32:50 am by Filo »
It’s looking like this deal will pass

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4896 on October 19, 2019, 11:44:58 am by DonnyOsmond »

Probably only because of fatigue with it all, if May's deal went back it'd probably get through. You can't base our future just on people wanting it to be over.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4897 on October 19, 2019, 12:09:59 pm by Campsall rover »

Probably only because of fatigue with it all, if May's deal went back it'd probably get through. You can't base our future just on people wanting it to be over.
The country voted to leave ( majority ) in the name of democracy this deal has to go through.
If it doesn’t it it a betrayal of the referendum result.

Corbin and Macdonald don’t want Brexit end of.  They have their own political agenda.
Most Labour MP’s are not representing their constituents who voted in large majorities to leave.65/70% in many northern constituencies.
IMO they are a disgrace to democracy.

AND YES I VOTED TO REMAIN.

THE COUNTRY VOTED TO LEAVE SO WE MUST LEAVE NOW WITH THIS DEAL.
If we don’t the EU will wash their hands of us & we will be a laughing stock.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4898 on October 19, 2019, 12:26:37 pm by IDM »
What’s worse, leaving with no deal, leaving with a bad deal, or not leaving at all.??

If the right answer is leaving with a good deal, then that’s what we must continue to try and do, even if that means more extensions..

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4899 on October 19, 2019, 12:38:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
MPs need to decide if this deal offers a satisfactory way to respect the referendum result.

This is all arse about face.  The deal should have been negotiated with the EU and agreed in Parliament before invoking Article 50, then you’ve automatically got two years transition time.

A common thing oft forgotten is that the EU wouldnt do that. Theresa may wanted talks first.

An article here confirming back from a few years back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/03/eu-commission-still-refuses-uk-talks-before-article-50-triggered

My hunch will be Letwin passes and it moves on again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4900 on October 19, 2019, 12:58:07 pm by Campsall rover »
What’s worse, leaving with no deal, leaving with a bad deal, or not leaving at all.??

If the right answer is leaving with a good deal, then that’s what we must continue to try and do, even if that means more extensions..
What’s a good deal? We are not going to get any other deal are we. This is it, accept it and let’s move on.

All the scare mongering from hard core remainers is just that imo.

The Uk will not collapse in a heap if we leave the EU. They will still want to trade with us. We are the 2nd biggest economy in Europe. It’s a joke.
If we don’t do this today when will it get done. The British people have had enough of this fiasco.

We need to move on and deal with the things that matter to people. Health service, Education, Law and order, Social care, etc etc.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 01:03:54 pm by Campsall rover »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4901 on October 19, 2019, 01:03:09 pm by tommy toes »
I wish Ian Blackford was Labour leader.
He's facking brilliant.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4902 on October 19, 2019, 01:08:48 pm by Donnywolf »

What’s a good deal? We are not going to get any other deal are we. This is it, accept it and let’s move on.

The Uk will not collapse in a heap if we leave the EU. They will still want to trade with us. We are the 2nd biggest economy in Europe. It’s a joke.
If we don’t do this today when will it get done. The British people have had enough of this fiasco.

We need to move on and deal with the things that matter to people. Health service, Education, Law and order, Social care, etc etc.

I would love to move on - I am heartily sick of hearing about the s**t storm so much so that I try never to speak or type the word B****t

I also believe that the British people are heartily sick of it and wish to "move on" and so I would advocate putting the Deal as it stands back to the people - with a simple Question Deal or Remain

In that way we would know once and for all if there was a majority (still) to Leave. I dont think that would be too much to ask of the hierarchy of Johnson and co surely ?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4903 on October 19, 2019, 01:10:14 pm by IDM »

I have no idea what a good deal is, I’m not an economist, industrialist, financier nor politician.

This is something we have to get right..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 01:15:29 pm by IDM »

• VSC Member
« Reply #4904 on October 19, 2019, 01:15:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I wish Ian Blackford was Labour leader.
He's facking brilliant.

The SNP arguments are full of inconsistency but you cant help but admire their fight for the cause and caring about a single issue so much.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4905 on October 19, 2019, 01:15:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I still don't understand why we're doing something there is literally zero positives to.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4906 on October 19, 2019, 01:33:05 pm by Campsall rover »
I still don't understand why we're doing something there is literally zero positives to.
How do you know, have you a crystal ball. 52% said leave. That’s democracy. We will know in 5 yrs + whether it was good or bad. No one knows.
We had a referendum and we should abide by it END OF.  It’s called Democracy.

Right i am of to watch Rovers.  :byebye:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4907 on October 19, 2019, 01:37:04 pm by IDM »
And after 5 years when we know if it was good or bad, do we et another chance to correct it.?

We do with a GE, therefore it is imperative we get it right first time.

If that cannot be done, then go back to the voters.. don’t forget it was a lot less than that voted leave as a percentage of the electorate, and the electorate has changed significantly in the intervening 3 and a half years..

Enjoy the game - I can’t make it today - at least we will agree on wanting a good performance and three points.!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4908 on October 19, 2019, 01:55:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
And after 5 years when we know if it was good or bad, do we et another chance to correct it.?

We do with a GE, therefore it is imperative we get it right first time.

If that cannot be done, then go back to the voters.. don’t forget it was a lot less than that voted leave as a percentage of the electorate, and the electorate has changed significantly in the intervening 3 and a half years..

Enjoy the game - I can’t make it today - at least we will agree on wanting a good performance and three points.!

Seeing as it takes some trade years 5-10 years to be done I doubt we'll be in a reasonable position 5 years from now.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4909 on October 19, 2019, 02:24:59 pm by SydneyRover »
Can ppl please try and stop saying ''respect the referendum'' which was a bad idea, badly executed, corrupt, the ppl were misinformed and uneducated in what it meant and it's implications, it was the biggest pile of dogshit ever.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4910 on October 19, 2019, 03:37:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Not when Brexit makes it cheaper for the EU to buy from someone else who are still in the Single Market. And that being the case, the UK being the second biggest economy will mean feck all to them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4911 on October 19, 2019, 03:41:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How do you know, have you a crystal ball. 52% said leave. That’s democracy. We will know in 5 yrs + whether it was good or bad. No one knows.
We had a referendum and we should abide by it END OF.  It’s called Democracy.

Right i am of to watch Rovers.  :byebye:

I take it from all that that you don't know of any positives either.

Know in  five years? I knew before the referendum that leaving the Single Market was going to be bloody awful for the economy, but all I got was ignorant people who know nothing insisting that I couldn't possibly know anything about the future either despite going into a lot a technical details explaining why it will be bad for UK business.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 03:46:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4912 on October 19, 2019, 04:16:32 pm by SydneyRover »
If you say you're not going to f#ck with workers rights then why don't you write them into the deal to say that you are going to maintain them to the same level as the EU, dead easy.

''What Johnson's deal means for workers' rights, the NHS and the economy''

Why are workers’ rights at stake in Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal?

The PM’s renegotiated deal opens the way to a much looser relationship with the EU than envisaged by his predecessor, Theresa May, and allows for more “divergence” with EU regulations.

As such, instead of writing into the legally binding withdrawal agreement that the UK will abide by EU standards on workers’ rights and the environment, these “level playing field” commitments have been shifted to the forward-looking political declaration.

In practice, it will be up to the government that negotiates the free trade deal – most likely after a general election – to decide how strong a commitment to EU rules it is prepared to make.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/19/what-johnson-deal-means-for-workers-rights-the-nhs-and-the-economy-brexit

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4913 on October 19, 2019, 05:37:17 pm by bpoolrover »
Can ppl please try and stop saying ''respect the referendum'' which was a bad idea, badly executed, corrupt, the ppl were misinformed and uneducated in what it meant and it's implications, it was the biggest pile of dogshit ever.
your words are 1 big reason people will not change there mind, people did no what they were voting for and that was leaving the eu, that is why so few if any have changed there minds

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4914 on October 19, 2019, 05:41:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
your words are 1 big reason people will not change there mind, people did no what they were voting for and that was leaving the eu, that is why so few if any have changed there minds

But not the effects of leaving.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4915 on October 19, 2019, 05:45:38 pm by IDM »

How many who voted leave actually read and acknowledged the leave manifesto and the promises they made.?

It is a very simplistic thing to say that leave meant leave, but it’s far too complex a process as has become apparent since..

It’s like saying we need a striker, we’ve decided we’re going to get one, then we go sign some beer swilling lard arse who barely makes it off the bench in Sunday league - but is technically a striker..

Bad analogy.?

If we as fans can see that signing a striker is not that straightforward, how the hell can folks not see that leaving Europe after being closely aligned for over 40 years, is going to be anything but straightforward.??

Explain that to me please.?

• VSC Member
« Reply #4916 on October 19, 2019, 06:12:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I did.  Dont start with the b*llocks that all leave voters are thick, it is not the case.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4917 on October 19, 2019, 06:13:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »

How many who voted leave actually read and acknowledged the leave manifesto and the promises they made.?

It is a very simplistic thing to say that leave meant leave, but it’s far too complex a process as has become apparent since..

It’s like saying we need a striker, we’ve decided we’re going to get one, then we go sign some beer swilling lard arse who barely makes it off the bench in Sunday league - but is technically a striker..

Bad analogy.?

If we as fans can see that signing a striker is not that straightforward, how the hell can folks not see that leaving Europe after being closely aligned for over 40 years, is going to be anything but straightforward.??

Explain that to me please.?

That's harsh on Kwame Thomas.  :laugh:

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4918 on October 19, 2019, 06:16:07 pm by bpoolrover »
But years on how many do you think would change there vote? Very few at a guess looking at other social media and people I speak to as many have said they would vote leave now, no problem
With having a opinion and it might well be right but stop with the people didn’t know what they voted for, they were lied to and everything else, accept that people views vary and they have there own reasons for leaving not just financial in the short/medium term

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4919 on October 19, 2019, 06:18:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I did.  Dont start with the b*llocks that all leave voters are thick, it is not the case.

Naïve is probably the word.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012