Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:24:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373451 times)

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4950 on October 20, 2019, 02:40:25 am by drfcdrfc »
No, I look at what will be left for my son, and then his kids. From the very beginning, this has been built on lies. The PM we never elected is one of the biggest liars to never deserve breath the world has ever seen. Yet, people still support him. I honestly cannot get my head around it. Yes politicians twist the truth. This man, who wants the best for the British people, takes lying to the next level. He is a disgusting human being, and if you think he has your best interests at heart, well good luck to you.

Despite all this, it is apparently undemocratic to not leave. Is lying to get votes democratic?

Whatever happens next, politics in this country is going to take a very long time to recover.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4951 on October 20, 2019, 02:50:14 am by bpoolrover »
Even thou he is that bad the great British public according to pretty much every poll would vote him in instead of Jeremy corbyn what does that say about him and the Labour Party?

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4952 on October 20, 2019, 02:58:55 am by drfcdrfc »
Even thou he is that bad the great British public according to pretty much every poll would vote him in instead of Jeremy corbyn what does that say about him and the Labour Party?

Did I say anywhere that I was a labour voter? That kind of unfounded stupidity is why this is such a f**kup.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4953 on October 20, 2019, 03:02:11 am by drfcdrfc »
Anyway, at this late hour, off to order mesen one of those same size Euro coffins

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4954 on October 20, 2019, 03:08:59 am by drfcdrfc »
Whilst ordering came across this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html%3famp

He's the kind of guy that would tell you you had no legs, and you would probably cut yours off just to prove him right

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4955 on October 20, 2019, 07:34:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Again the question is has he broke he law.  If he has that should have consequences, thought even the guy who was successful against him for the prorogation case believes he has not.  I dont know the answer.

However, I do believe he has every right to stick to his policy and opinions on it.  The way our system works means he will be held accountable so it is his choice to make.

Yesterday's amendment could have been worded differently if it's TRUE intention was simply just a safeguard, I think that's where some of the anger comes from.

But, if the governments intention is to get it all done in 2 weeks, get on with it!

Ironically the best Corbyn could do is tweet "jog on Johnson".  That guy cant e even control his front bench on Brexit policy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4956 on October 20, 2019, 07:48:15 am by SydneyRover »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-boris-johnson-plan-2000-worse-off-a9154536.html?amp Is this the truth or bending the truth?

Do you read any links you post, do you look at where the information comes from, reference it with information from another source and make a judgement on how likely it is spin or not?

"But this report shows Boris Johnson is trying to railroad through a Brexit plan that would have a devastating impact on living standards, funding for public services, businesses and jobs or the rest of the United Kingdom too. This report shows income per capita will be £2,000 lower as a result of Boris Johnson's deal. That is £2,000 a year for every man woman and child in the UK, as trade and productivity drops."

Downing Street declined to comment.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4957 on October 20, 2019, 08:35:50 am by IDM »
Was it a set back today? There was 20 votes in it, quite a few have said they will vote for the bill today then vote for boris deal, so maybe we will see how long your smugness lasts?

20 votes in it.?

What were the percentages in this vote.? Similar to leave/remain with Brexit.? And some may be prepared to vote differently.?

Can you see the irony in that.?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4958 on October 20, 2019, 08:44:23 am by IDM »
And who is saying there are quite a few who would vote for the deal.? Was it Johnson himself in his lengthy letter brown nosing the EU leaders not to extend the exit date?  A letter he signed, when he didn’t have the courtesy to sign as PM, the letter he was compelled to send under the Benn Act..

I’m no legal expert but isn’t that borderline on contempt.?

• VSC Member
« Reply #4959 on October 20, 2019, 09:35:13 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The law compelled him to ask for an extension which he did.  I think it's dangerous territory if a. The pm goes against a legal act of parliament and b. Any politician is silenced from their thoughts.

Of course the actual letter from the pm is all about an election not brexit. He has zero control over brexit.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4960 on October 20, 2019, 09:40:12 am by IDM »
If he isn’t prepared to sign a formal letter going out under his office and his position as PM,, then he is acting petulantly and not becoming of someone in his position.

It is ridiculous behaviour and yet again showing his contempt for law and parliament..

He is not fit to be prime minister - that’s not a party political thing, just about him..

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4961 on October 20, 2019, 09:42:57 am by SydneyRover »
But the party members voted to put him in that position knowing full well what sort of person he is, everyone knows right around the world.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4962 on October 20, 2019, 09:47:38 am by DonnyOsmond »
Only a soft Brexit would bring this country together and this government seems to be doing whatever it can to start riots.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4963 on October 20, 2019, 09:48:52 am by DonnyOsmond »
But the party members voted to put him in that position knowing full well what sort of person he is, everyone knows right around the world.

70 year old white men who have golf club memberships and won't be affected by Brexit voted him in.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4964 on October 20, 2019, 11:07:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I did actually say a majority of those who voted.

17.4 million does not represent a majority of the electorate..  Brexit voting should have been compulsory for every one..
But it wasn’t and no election or referendum in a free country will ever be.
If it had been compulsory to vote i am pretty sure it would have been over 60% leave vote.

So Australia's not a free country now, is it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:11:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4965 on October 20, 2019, 11:18:37 am by DonnyOsmond »
I did actually say a majority of those who voted.

17.4 million does not represent a majority of the electorate..  Brexit voting should have been compulsory for every one..
But it wasn’t and no election or referendum in a free country will ever be.
If it had been compulsory to vote i am pretty sure it would have been over 60% leave vote.

Surely it's younger people who didn't vote and they're more likely to vote remain?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4966 on October 20, 2019, 11:24:41 am by Donnywolf »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4967 on October 20, 2019, 11:57:47 am by i_ateallthepies »
''The governor of the Bank of England has told the BBC that the new Brexit deal struck by the government is "welcome" and a "net economic positive".

Mark Carney said the deal "takes away the tail risk of a disorderly Brexit".''

A net economic positive over the shitfight that brexit has been for the last 3-4 years but what he doesn't say is the bleeding obvious that No Brexit would be even more net economic positive for the UK for now and the forseeable future.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50101866

Sidney, he also closed that interview saying (paraphrasing) 'That was a political answer' with an ironic smile.  I took that clearly to mean he has much more to say about it but his position prevents him from doing so.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4968 on October 20, 2019, 12:09:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
The law compelled him to ask for an extension which he did.  I think it's dangerous territory if a. The pm goes against a legal act of parliament and b. Any politician is silenced from their thoughts.

Of course the actual letter from the pm is all about an election not brexit. He has zero control over brexit.

If it is the case that the letter requesting extension must come from the prim minister and he's send the letter unsigned then the letter isn't from him.  Strong case to argue contempt.

He said in parliament only yesterday that he would not send a letter requesting extension and that it would not break the law for him not to.  Foolish position to put himself in.  If he were to argue in court that the unsigned letter was indeed sent by him then not to signing it and putting himself at risk of legal action is just stupidity.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4969 on October 20, 2019, 12:20:20 pm by i_ateallthepies »
That snake Gove at it again this morning, saying the risk of No Deal has increased as a result of yesterday's vote and in light of which he is stepping up No Deal planning.  Stepping up planning.  For f**k's sake they've been threatening No Deal for months with the certainty that it would happen by the end of October if no deal was agreed and have been "Stepping up No Deal planning" as a result.

The contempt this man has for Leave voters is beyond belief when he clearly thinks they will soak up whatever he says about it.

• VSC Member
« Reply #4970 on October 20, 2019, 12:53:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

If it is the case that the letter requesting extension must come from the prim minister and he's send the letter unsigned then the letter isn't from him.  Strong case to argue contempt.

He said in parliament only yesterday that he would not send a letter requesting extension and that it would not break the law for him not to.  Foolish position to put himself in.  If he were to argue in court that the unsigned letter was indeed sent by him then not to signing it and putting himself at risk of legal action is just stupidity.

My knowledge of law is very limited so I couldn't say. I do remember substance over form though, just not sure if that applies here.

As for Gove and stepping up no deal, it is again political but, if one of the 27 were to say no to an extension (unlikely but technically possible) then by default no deal does happen.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4971 on October 20, 2019, 12:57:43 pm by IDM »
This parliament will not allow no deal to happen.. if the EU does not agree an extension and the deal does not get approved in time,

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4972 on October 20, 2019, 01:01:19 pm by Not Now Kato »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #4973 on October 20, 2019, 01:38:47 pm by foxbat »

South Yorkshire complimented for their contribution to yesterday's march

Yorkshire for Europe were out in full force, providing musical accompaniment continuing well after
most of the marchers had passed.

#york4eu #yorkshireforeurope #stopbrexitsavebritain
 #peoplesvote @SWYforEurope @yorkshireeurope @Dales4Eu @NYorksEurope

watch and listen

https://twitter.com/i/status/1185878454513946625

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4974 on October 20, 2019, 02:35:42 pm by wilts rover »

Actually this has been to court already. His lawyers said in court that along with sending the letter he would not do anything to frustrate the intention of the Benn Act.

We shall find out on Monday if not signing the Benn letter and sending a second letter saying don't comply with the Benn letter is 'frustrating the intention of the Benn Act'.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4975 on October 20, 2019, 02:35:56 pm by Donnywolf »

My knowledge of law is very limited so I couldn't say. I do remember substance over form though, just not sure if that applies here.

As for Gove and stepping up no deal, it is again political but, if one of the 27 were to say no to an extension (unlikely but technically possible) then by default no deal does happen.

... and starting right THEN the move will be on to get us back in

Quick couple of meetings between interested and cooperative parties who more or less will want the same thing - General Election with them colluding to not split their votes too badly - after standing on  "a Vote for us is a Vote to re-enter the EU at the very earliest opportunity" and Bingo

Once they get in power they will continue to work together and couldnt be stopped ... and all perfectly democratic !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:39:24 pm by Donnywolf »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4976 on October 20, 2019, 02:59:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Exactly.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4978 on October 20, 2019, 03:05:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It's called Stockholm Syndrome x

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4979 on October 20, 2019, 03:08:35 pm by Campsall rover »
No, I look at what will be left for my son, and then his kids. From the very beginning, this has been built on lies. The PM we never elected is one of the biggest liars to never deserve breath the world has ever seen. Yet, people still support him. I honestly cannot get my head around it. Yes politicians twist the truth. This man, who wants the best for the British people, takes lying to the next level. He is a disgusting human being, and if you think he has your best interests at heart, well good luck to you.

Despite all this, it is apparently undemocratic to not leave. Is lying to get votes democratic?

Whatever happens next, politics in this country is going to take a very long time to recover.
Did you not think lies were told by the remainers. How many lies are they telling us now. Scare mongering that the country is going to collapse if we leave. Load of bo.....ks.

The EU should be a trading agreement between the member countries like the Common market was and not this huge bureaucratic club it is today.
It’s undemocratic to not leave because we had a referendum which had a majority to leave.
Why is so difficult for people to understand that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:17:01 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012