Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:03:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373479 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #4980 on October 20, 2019, 03:11:30 pm by IDM »
Accepting the decision to leave is one thing..

Managing the process and making it happen is another thing altogether.  That’s not difficult to understand either?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 04:00:58 pm by IDM »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4981 on October 20, 2019, 03:40:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Yorkshire voted more against Europe. Another pointless losers march.

One EU leader says no we're out. Parliament arrogantly presuming they'll extend yet if they don't they will have made no deal happen.

If Brexit doesn't get done there'll be more than those losers who marched yesterday

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4982 on October 20, 2019, 04:09:54 pm by Not Now Kato »
No, I look at what will be left for my son, and then his kids. From the very beginning, this has been built on lies. The PM we never elected is one of the biggest liars to never deserve breath the world has ever seen. Yet, people still support him. I honestly cannot get my head around it. Yes politicians twist the truth. This man, who wants the best for the British people, takes lying to the next level. He is a disgusting human being, and if you think he has your best interests at heart, well good luck to you.

Despite all this, it is apparently undemocratic to not leave. Is lying to get votes democratic?

Whatever happens next, politics in this country is going to take a very long time to recover.
Did you not think lies were told by the remainers. How many lies are they telling us now. Scare mongering that the country is going to collapse if we leave. Load of bo.....ks.

The lies and scaremongering have been going on from those that would have us leave for many many years.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

More bollox than you could shake a stick at from leave drivers.

The EU should be a trading agreement between the member countries like the Common market was and not this huge bureaucratic club it is today.

Because you say so?

It’s undemocratic to not leave because we had a referendum which had a majority to leave.
Why is so difficult for people to understand that.

All referenda in the UK are advisory only, they do not have to be actioned. It is NOT undemocratic to ignore them if the results of following them look to be bad for the country - which they do, whichever flavour of Brexit you choose!

Why is so difficult for people to understand that!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4983 on October 20, 2019, 04:12:21 pm by SydneyRover »
''The governor of the Bank of England has told the BBC that the new Brexit deal struck by the government is "welcome" and a "net economic positive".

Mark Carney said the deal "takes away the tail risk of a disorderly Brexit".''

A net economic positive over the shitfight that brexit has been for the last 3-4 years but what he doesn't say is the bleeding obvious that No Brexit would be even more net economic positive for the UK for now and the forseeable future.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50101866

Sidney, he also closed that interview saying (paraphrasing) 'That was a political answer' with an ironic smile.  I took that clearly to mean he has much more to say about it but his position prevents him from doing so.

Thanks Pies, agreed, there wouldn't seem to be any other reason to say that SR

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4984 on October 20, 2019, 05:51:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »

One EU leader says no we're out. Parliament arrogantly presuming they'll extend yet if they don't they will have made no deal happen.

If Brexit doesn't get done there'll be more than those losers who marched yesterday

You're so desperate to be poorer.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4985 on October 20, 2019, 05:59:24 pm by Padge_DRFC »

You're so desperate to be poorer.

I'll be fine financially thanks

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4986 on October 20, 2019, 07:45:06 pm by SydneyRover »
danger danger, wind up comment

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4987 on October 20, 2019, 07:45:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ok.

So here's a big positive about the EU.

I'm traveling to the USA for work. Got a flight at 7 this morning from Heathrow to Newark, then got a connection to Houston, then on to my final destination.

That was the plan. Going to be 18 hours traveling.

Then my first flight was 1 hour late. And went to a different terminal.

Missed my connection.

No worries. I get a rebooking on the next flight to Houston and can still make my final connection.

Except the flight to Houston is now delayed by an hour and I will now not get the final flight of the night to my destination..

That now means I've got to book a hotel for tonight in Houston. And the car hire company at my final destination are saying that if I don't pick up my hire car there by 8am tomorrow (I can't: the first flight tomorrow am doesn't arrive till 10am) they will cancel the booking with zero refund.

So, with the extra hotel room and car hire, I'm £500 out of pocket in addition to arriving 14 hours late.

In addition, I'm now going to have to cancel the first meeting I was supposed to be having on Monday morning.

So naive Billy, used to EU standards, goes to the United Airlines help desk to enquire about compensation. And I get a blank look. The concept doesn't exist in law over here. They've had well over a grand off me for the tickets, f**ked up my travel, cost me  an extra £500, lost me a meeting and they just say "have a nice day sir".

You REALLY want us to align with the USA and not the EU? This is what in means in practice. Everything stacked for big companies and against people.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4988 on October 20, 2019, 08:13:31 pm by SydneyRover »
Going down the US route looks awful, sounds awful and is awful, professional service staff having to produce apple pie smiles and gushing service to get the tips to feed their families!!!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4989 on October 20, 2019, 08:38:45 pm by SydneyRover »
''The government has changed the wording of its Get Ready for Brexit campaign appearing to suggest a no-deal exit on the 31 October is now less likely.

Its website now says: "We could still leave with no deal on 31 October."''

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50117797?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/uk&link_location=live-reporting-story

I think if you got the bus fare home from this mob after trading in your bentley you'd be doing well.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4990 on October 20, 2019, 09:26:23 pm by wilts rover »
That's the same day Michael Gove was on the telly saying no-deal is more likely!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/20/gove-triggers-no-deal-brexit-contingency-plans-operation-yellowhammer

If there is a bus running anywhere with this lot in charge we will all be doing well.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4991 on October 21, 2019, 12:26:29 am by bpoolrover »
wow this thread is just a labour remain propaganda thread I might talk a load of shite but some of you want to read this thread back lol, forget what the tories post on fb it’s post after post    Replying to your own posts, have a opinion but please stop trying force it on others, no 1 posts on this thread apart from 10 people as your like a pack of hounds

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4992 on October 21, 2019, 07:15:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
wow this thread is just a labour remain propaganda thread I might talk a load of shite but some of you want to read this thread back lol, forget what the tories post on fb it’s post after post    Replying to your own posts, have a opinion but please stop trying force it on others, no 1 posts on this thread apart from 10 people as your like a pack of hounds

What? Do you know the point in a forum is for debate? We keep asking you the pros of leaving and you give us nothing back and we can list pros of remaining that's probably why it looks like propaganda.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4993 on October 21, 2019, 08:50:21 am by SydneyRover »
Excerpt from article by Timothy Ash.

''Since this government is dominated by hard Brexiteers – and what is envisaged in the new deal is a hard Brexit for England, Wales and Scotland, with a softer one only for Northern Ireland – no leave voter could plausibly complain they were only being offered the choice between a flaccid Brino (Brexit in Name Only) and staying in the EU. Hundreds of thousands rallied outside parliament on Saturday to show their support for such a people’s vote. Even more important than the activists are the opinion polls that now persistently show a majority for remain. How absurd it would be if the UK was to leave the EU, in the name of respecting “the will of the people”, at precisely the moment when the will of the people had changed''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/20/europe-fed-up-brexit-best-stay-in-macron-extension

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4994 on October 21, 2019, 10:23:52 am by Glyn_Wigley »

What? Do you know the point in a forum is for debate? We keep asking you the pros of leaving and you give us nothing back and we can list pros of remaining that's probably why it looks like propaganda.

He doesn't want to force his opinion (or lack of opinion!) on others, though!  :lol:

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #4995 on October 21, 2019, 01:24:17 pm by foxbat »
Good to see some of Yorkshire's finest are on the case

S & W Yorkshire for Europe
🇪🇺 @SWYforEurope

This is HUGE.

It explains why these 'rebel' Labour MPs are supporting Johnson's hard Brexit. They're all members of the right-wing pro-Brexit think tank Prosperity UK. And look who else is! What are their motivations.

Kate Hoey, Caroline Flint and Simon Kinnock in the same club as the most ardent brexiters, the ERG and the DUP

https://www.prosperity-uk.com/aacabout/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4996 on October 21, 2019, 03:15:42 pm by SydneyRover »
Unbelievable, well not but it's hard to take, a fifth column.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #4997 on October 21, 2019, 04:06:29 pm by foxbat »
Check this out:

A privately owned hedge fund "the alternative arrangement commission"
non-governmental ltd company?
It's a industry lobby group.
Not a "commission.
Check the list of members ~ esp @ukLabour ones

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4998 on October 21, 2019, 04:23:00 pm by bpoolrover »

yes donny debate is good, certain people put links up and if it is from a labour supporting paper as normally is then that is acceptable if it’s not from a labour side it’s rubbished and not worth the paper it’s written on, that is every time by every poster

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4999 on October 21, 2019, 04:52:20 pm by IDM »
Well my posts on this matter are not part political and are based on a common sense interpretation of what I observe.

I see a PM trying to deflect around the law, around parliamentary process, and acting petulantly.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5000 on October 21, 2019, 05:40:42 pm by wilts rover »

🇪🇺 @SWYforEurope

This is HUGE.

It explains why these 'rebel' Labour MPs are supporting Johnson's hard Brexit. They're all members of the right-wing pro-Brexit think tank Prosperity UK. And look who else is! What are their motivations.

Kate Hoey, Caroline Flint and Simon Kinnock in the same club as the most ardent brexiters, the ERG and the DUP

Flint and Kinnock only joined recently though. Both were very strong remain backers in the referendum.

https://twitter.com/carolineflintmp/status/1171763188687417344?lang=en

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5001 on October 21, 2019, 06:19:38 pm by scawsby steve »

🇪🇺 @SWYforEurope

This is HUGE.

FB; Donny, Barnsley, and Rotherham all voted around 69% to leave. What are you failing to understand about that?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5002 on October 21, 2019, 07:02:50 pm by Not Now Kato »

🇪🇺 @SWYforEurope

This is HUGE.

FB; Donny, Barnsley, and Rotherham all voted around 69% to leave. What are you failing to understand about that?

SS, what you seem to fail to understand is that lots of folk in Donny, Barnsley and Rotherham believed the lies that were fed to them by the leave campaign.  Have you stopped to wonder why all the leavers in the government have stopped mentioning all those false promises?  No?  Didn't think so.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5003 on October 21, 2019, 07:26:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »

yes donny debate is good, certain people put links up and if it is from a labour supporting paper as normally is then that is acceptable if it’s not from a labour side it’s rubbished and not worth the paper it’s written on, that is every time by every poster

Such as? Have you got an example of something posted that's been rubbished?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5004 on October 21, 2019, 09:25:32 pm by SydneyRover »
Obviously no good news on the brexit economic horizon with this deal.

''Sajid Javid refuses to assess economic dangers of Brexit plan

Chancellor accused of believing ‘evidence is superfluous to good policy making’''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/21/sajid-javid-refuses-to-assess-economic-dangers-of-brexit-plan

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5005 on October 21, 2019, 09:49:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bpool.

It's not about which side of politics a source is on. It's about which side of the truth they are on.

I could list you half a dozen left wing websites that I wouldn't trust to tell me the time. But on newspapers, the (slightly) left leaning ones don't have track records of deliberately deceiving readers. (Or at least they put it right if they do make an wrong claim.) By contrast, the Sun, Express and Mail have been churning out lies and half truths for decades.

I know what that is like. The Mail once wrote an article about some work I was involved in. They deliberately and carefully removed the sections from our press release which said that the work was partly funded by the EU and involved a consortium of 11 partners from 7 different EU countries. They made their readers believe the EU had nothing to do with it, and it was only Brits involved.

If they deliberately did that over something so insignificant, I wouldn't ever trust them to be honest on anything.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5006 on October 21, 2019, 09:51:30 pm by foxbat »
69 % of the turnout in Doncaster, Barnsley and Ritherham.
putting aside the referdum was corrupt
and only advisory.

still not ONE of them can even give ONE verifiable  example of how they will be better off by us
leaving the EU.

So did they all deliberately vote to be worse off?
(we already are, by the way ).

NO , of course not
They voted for a collection of LIES
which have all been discredited
( straight bananas FFS ! )

the only brexit arguement left now is 17.5 million,
will of the people,.etc

we know just from the demographics that there are not 17 4 million left,
and additionally there are 2 million young people eligible to vote who dont read the S*n , Mail.

When we vote again , it will , for the best for Doncaster, best for Barnsley,  best for Ritherham.

Staying in the EU

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5007 on October 21, 2019, 10:00:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Bpool.

It's not about which side of politics a source is on. It's about which side of the truth they are on.

I could list you half a dozen left wing websites that I wouldn't trust to tell me the time. But on newspapers, the (slightly) left leaning ones don't have track records of deliberately deceiving readers. (Or at least they put it right if they do make an wrong claim.) By contrast, the Sun, Express and Mail have been churning out lies and half truths for decades.

I know what that is like. The Mail once wrote an article about some work I was involved in. They deliberately and carefully removed the sections from our press release which said that the work was partly funded by the EU and involved a consortium of 11 partners from 7 different EU countries. They made their readers believe the EU had nothing to do with it, and it was only Brits involved.

If they deliberately did that over something so insignificant, I wouldn't ever trust them to be honest on anything.

I would agree with you on the press bst.

In my previous two companies the press narration from those of all political persuasions was at best misleading.  We have a real problem with the lack of a truthful press in society worldwide.

The problem is they all have to sell something so they will do that.....

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5008 on October 21, 2019, 10:18:33 pm by SydneyRover »
BP, I've said a few times on this forum all you have to do is tell us why leaving is better than staying, for any reason/s singular or combined that make the case. Those that want No brexit are always quoting economists and experts in their field that tell us we'll be worse off, so back up your argument for leaving with some facts and you'll be the first.

If your case is stong enough maybe you'll persuade some of us we got it wrong because remainers love facts.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5009 on October 22, 2019, 09:48:01 am by Not Now Kato »
The year is 2192.  The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension to the Brexit deadline.  No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012