Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:42:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 373502 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #5010 on October 22, 2019, 10:23:59 am by SydneyRover »
funny

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5011 on October 22, 2019, 11:14:44 am by Filo »
The year is 2192.  The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension to the Brexit deadline.  No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

When the British PM carries out the tradition, he arrives in Brussels he arrives sucking a dummy and cuddling a teddy bear

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5012 on October 22, 2019, 11:22:53 am by SydneyRover »
Has Johnson infected the whole far right with Liars disease? can none of them tell the truth?

''Labour is likely to seize on comments by Steve Barclay, the Brexit secretary, in making its argument for a UK-wide customs union, after he was forced to admit the current deal would require businesses to complete export declarations for goods moving from Northern Ireland to the rest of the UK.

Barclay originally told a Lords EU committee that it would not be necessary for businesses to make declarations. But five minutes later, he had to admit: “Exit summary declarations will be required in terms of NI to GB.”''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/21/tory-mps-reluctant-to-attach-customs-union-to-brexit-bill

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5013 on October 22, 2019, 04:33:59 pm by MachoMadness »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5014 on October 22, 2019, 05:19:57 pm by drfchound »
Has Johnson infected the whole far right with Liars disease? can none of them tell the truth?

''Labour is likely to seize on comments by Steve Barclay, the Brexit secretary, in making its argument for a UK-wide customs union, after he was forced to admit the current deal would require businesses to complete export declarations for goods moving from Northern Ireland to the rest of the UK.

Barclay originally told a Lords EU committee that it would not be necessary for businesses to make declarations. But five minutes later, he had to admit: “Exit summary declarations will be required in terms of NI to GB.”''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/21/tory-mps-reluctant-to-attach-customs-union-to-brexit-bill

Sydney, I don’t usually bother posting on this thread but the first line in your above post has drawn me in mate.
You sound surprised that politicians don’t often tell the truth.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5015 on October 22, 2019, 10:19:26 pm by IDM »
So where the f**k are we now.?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5016 on October 22, 2019, 10:23:54 pm by Filo »
So where the f**k are we now.?

Searching for a suitable ditch for the PM

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5017 on October 22, 2019, 10:51:50 pm by bpoolrover »
A lot on the news thought he would try get a 2 week extension and do the vote during that time

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5018 on October 23, 2019, 01:37:56 am by SydneyRover »
for his nose or his knob?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5019 on October 23, 2019, 09:20:39 am by SydneyRover »

Sydney, I don’t usually bother posting on this thread but the first line in your above post has drawn me in mate.
You sound surprised that politicians don’t often tell the truth.

The tories have turned it into an art-form they're in a class of their own at present, no one will believe this when it is over and written up. If brexit goes ahead that'll be around 10 years.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5020 on October 23, 2019, 09:24:06 am by Not Now Kato »
List of the 19 Labour MP's who put their jobs before the welfare and jobs of their constituents or the country.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1186729878588186624

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5021 on October 23, 2019, 10:47:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
List of the 19 Labour MP's who put their jobs before the welfare and jobs of their constituents or the country.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1186729878588186624

Here's one on that list showing how diligently he was doing his job in coming to the decision to back Johnson's Brexit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1186606116567953408

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5022 on October 23, 2019, 12:51:15 pm by albie »
How anyone can be in a position to hold a view on something that they have not read is a mystery to us all.

That said, the presentation of information is subject to the dark arts.
There is an interesting article by Peter Oborne on the media manipulation at the heart of the government operation;
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/

It becomes difficult to know how an issue is being presented until you know what has been left out.
The Trump method is the new normal for the UK media.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5023 on October 23, 2019, 12:54:19 pm by SydneyRover »
bp please read this link supplied by Albie and give us your informed comment.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 12:58:08 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5024 on October 23, 2019, 01:05:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And for those of you who don't know, Peter Oborne is a journalist with views from the far right of British politics.

But, unlike most of the rats who are devouring the far right, his first allegiance is to truth and fairness. I have a huge amount of respect for him, even if I disagree vehemently with his political ideas. He's on the right side on the biggest issue of the age. Whether you value truth even if you lose, or whether you're happy to ditch it if it helps you win.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5025 on October 23, 2019, 01:11:55 pm by idler »
How anyone can be in a position to hold a view on something that they have not read is a mystery to us all.

There is an interesting article by Peter Oborne on the media manipulation at the heart of the government operation;
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/

It becomes difficult to know how an issue is being presented until you know what has been left out.
Live on BBC radio 2 now.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5026 on October 23, 2019, 07:22:48 pm by foxbat »
just keep asking the question Sydney , give one ,
 ( that's right just f@cking ONE ) example of how I will be better off by leaving the EU .
that always shuts them up.

fortunately,  slowly,  they are bringing themselves to admit , they were conned,  and wrong.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #5027 on October 23, 2019, 07:24:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
foxbat, I think the rate of decline from mortality will outstrip their ability to change their minds.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5028 on October 23, 2019, 07:31:06 pm by Donnywolf »
fortunately,  slowly,  they are bringing themselves to admit , they were conned,  and wrong.

... but fortunately they have the Govt and other MPs from other Party to eventually bulldoze through what they wanted (even if they dont want it now) under the guise of "giving them what they want"

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5029 on October 23, 2019, 07:37:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They've probably got more time than responding to the petty insults for having a different opinion.....

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5030 on October 23, 2019, 08:22:01 pm by albie »
Looks like President Cummings is lining up the Facebook dominoes before any GE;
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/23/tories-hire-facebook-propaganda-pair-to-run-online-election-campaign

Its like deja vu, all over again!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5031 on October 23, 2019, 08:24:03 pm by wilts rover »

Apologies Albie, just posted this on the Johnson thread before I read this one. The interview on Channel 4 news is worth a couple of minutes of people's time btw

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5032 on October 23, 2019, 09:22:12 pm by selby »
  I see Swinson has 3,5 million reasons to stay in the EU. but forgot.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5033 on October 23, 2019, 09:41:21 pm by SydneyRover »
They've probably got more time than responding to the petty insults for having a different opinion.....

I don't mind people having different opinions byfp it's different ''facts'' that are the problem.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5034 on October 23, 2019, 09:42:26 pm by bpoolrover »
And for those of you who don't know, Peter Oborne is a journalist with views from the far right of British politics.

But, unlike most of the rats who are devouring the far right, his first allegiance is to truth and fairness. I have a huge amount of respect for him, even if I disagree vehemently with his political ideas. He's on the right side on the biggest issue of the age. Whether you value truth even if you lose, or whether you're happy to ditch it if it helps you win.
could it be possible he is trying his very best to sell his book?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5035 on October 23, 2019, 09:48:30 pm by wilts rover »

Which one - The History of Pakistani Cricket?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5036 on October 23, 2019, 09:49:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Looks like President Cummings is lining up the Facebook dominoes before any GE;
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/23/tories-hire-facebook-propaganda-pair-to-run-online-election-campaign

Its like deja vu, all over again!

Seems daft to tie the Brexit vote into a general election. The Tories would probably win even if Brexit wasn't going on, so to tie in their probable win to "the will of the people" is ridiculous. A general election will never be the right way to decide Brexit.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5037 on October 23, 2019, 11:12:10 pm by bpoolrover »

Which one - The History of Pakistani Cricket?
yes

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5038 on October 24, 2019, 06:54:23 pm by Donnywolf »
BIG BIG chance to call Johnsons bluff

He offers more time for MPs to discuss his "exceptional deal" providing they agree to General Election on Dec 12th. He has already said Labour are frightened to call an Election

Labour Lib Dems Green and SNP should counter with - we dont need an Election - we will go through your deal in that same time period then IF we agree and pass it as it is "exceptioanlly good" we would do with the proviso that there is then a confirmatory vote as follows

a) we agree with the Deal as negotiated by Johnson and wish to Leave the EU or

b) we wish to Remain in the EU

We could then see who else is frightened BUT he will never go for it. I will Tweet him if he has any wifi in that ditch

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5039 on October 24, 2019, 08:17:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Everything suggests though that woildnt get through parliament.

Of course they all want an election, except they dont as they think they'll lose.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012