Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:48:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That Martin Woods bloke  (Read 3704 times)

I-was-there1976

That Martin Woods bloke
« on August 28, 2010, 03:02:33 pm by I-was-there1976 »
ace i tell ya

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re:That Martin Woods bloke
« Reply #1 on August 28, 2010, 03:16:13 pm by Nudga »
I-was-there1976 wrote:
ace i tell ya

Did he try to pass a ball from one wing to the other and it went in?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 28, 2010, 03:18:49 pm by Barmby Rover »
Headed goal. Give him a break Nudga, he is a good player.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 28, 2010, 03:20:30 pm by Nudga »
Barmby Rover wrote:
Headed goal. Give him a break Nudga, he is a good player.

Fifty pence head, it was a flick on, right?  ;)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 28, 2010, 03:24:34 pm by Barmby Rover »
Looped it over the keeper into the top corner. Sounded really good.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 28, 2010, 04:49:22 pm by acacia94 »
Martin was at Donny station after the Bristol game and had a quick chat with him before he jumped on the Manchester train to see his girlfriend. Nice bloke, very 'unfootballerish' and obviously a clever fella. Also has the most polished, perfect set of gnashers I've ever seen.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #6 on August 28, 2010, 04:54:45 pm by I-was-there1976 »
i saw him upstairs in Toast a few weeks back. Looked very \"footballerish\" but who would nt with his money. Flash git lol. Looked a nice lad though

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 28, 2010, 05:49:02 pm by Superspy »
played really well today apart from the odd stray pass imo, i've no grumble with him getting man of the match.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 28, 2010, 05:52:51 pm by Spankster »
yes it was his best game for a while, hats off to himm

For mr the MOTM was between him & Oster

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 28, 2010, 06:03:11 pm by SkellowRover »
I've no idea why people have been on his back, last season before he got injured he was one of our best players and people were in uproar when he was rumoured to be going to preston in the january window. Some people are just fickle fans with short memories at times.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 28, 2010, 06:07:16 pm by DonnyNoel »
Glad to see him back to his early 09/10 form. Passes get misplaced by everyone, it was his (lack of) tempo I had an issue with towards the end of last season but both him and Gillett were buzzing around box to box today and it made for a very good performance. More of the same and the midfield will look as good on grass as it does on paper.

Edit - without taking the thread off tangent too much, Hull were total garbage. Didn't even Koren was playing until 85 minutes. What SOD would do with their budget puts them to shame. Crap. Total crap.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 28, 2010, 06:16:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Martin Woods is a super player end off!!

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 28, 2010, 06:21:13 pm by DonnyNoel »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Martin Woods is a super player end off!!

On form yes. As with the majority of players at this level there will always be peaks and troughs which is why there will always be debates on our midfield selection. I think there's even more to come from him so hopefully no injuries this year. Early last season he looked every bit as good as Stock, got injured and then couldn't quite find that rhythm again. Has the age and ability to be a big player for us going forwards.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 28, 2010, 06:25:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Would not begrudge him the man of the match having scored one off his shoulder and set Copps up with a RIGHT foot cross.

I hope he get's some confidence from here as we know he can blow hot and cold.

Oster. Class. Didn't look as though he'd been out injured.

Martis. Bless him. Looked better when Hird played alongside him. Clear for me that the 2 big lads together don't work well.

Well pleased with today and we will get even better.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 28, 2010, 07:04:23 pm by Jonathan »
Woods was excellent in every department today and a real goal threat to go with it.

Having Oster back in the team makes a difference to everyone, he's absolutely outstanding. His presence makes it easier for Coppinger to shine and means we actually created some chances for Sharp in open play.

Very pleased with the performance and the three points. Everyone knows we have issues defensively but when you score three at home they ought to be overshadowed, and thankfully today they were.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 28, 2010, 07:27:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Played really well today, good on the ball (bar his awful switch to Jimmy), scored one and played a big part in another.

His constant work rate was very good and he found confidence from his goal.  He's a confidence player and that is really helping him.

VikingJames

« Reply #16 on August 28, 2010, 08:14:43 pm by VikingJames »
I'll give Woods his due today. I thought he was excellent.

I've been one of his critics in recent weeks, as he has been ineffective in the first few games, but I thought we saw the Woods of old today. Drove us forward, got stuck in, and made better decisions when he got in the box - scoring one and setting up Copps.

Just to repeat what a few others have said, Oster was fantastic. He really makes a massive difference to our side and looks like he really enjoys his football in the free role behind Sharp. He is the link between midfield and attack, and we have much more purpose going forward when he plays. Showed today why we have given him a 2 year deal, fantastic player.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 28, 2010, 08:38:21 pm by CusworthRovers »
Well said VJ.

It was close between Oster and Woods, but they are/were so different.

Oster took them on and gave us forward momentum and excellent penetrating link up.

Woods was just everywhere and took responsibility for everything. It was this all round support play that won it for me. A Captains performance if I may be so bold. 2 stray passes yes, but then which player never gave the ball away once or twice today or in any game...........sweet jesus even Sulli did it and I shat my pants

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 28, 2010, 09:24:03 pm by 5minstogo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Well said VJ.

It was close between Oster and Woods, but they are/were so different.

Oster took them on and gave us forward momentum and excellent penetrating link up.

Woods was just everywhere and took responsibility for everything. It was this all round support play that won it for me. A Captains performance if I may be so bold. 2 stray passes yes, but then which player never gave the ball away once or twice today or in any game...........sweet jesus even Sulli did it and I shat my pants

Seconded.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012