Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 12:20:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Halliday  (Read 3358 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Halliday
« on September 04, 2020, 01:44:35 am by scawsby steve »
Didn't play yesterday. I can only assume he's injured. I know a trialist played right back in the first half, but I would have thought DM would have wanted Brad to play at least 45 minutes.

I also wonder how bad Reece James's injury is, as he's hardly featured in pre-season at all.

The other thing that puzzles me is Liam Hoden's comment that the Derby game was the only one in which Rovers failed to score. I could have sworn that we were supposed to have lost 0-5 at Rotherham 10 days ago, although there's never been any report whatsoever on that game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Halliday
« Reply #1 on September 04, 2020, 09:46:12 am by drfchound »
New Donny posted on here that we had put out a decent team and confirmed that we lost 5-0.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 04, 2020, 09:55:33 am by Alan Southstand »
I think Jonathan also re-affirmed that scoreline. Not sure on the ‘strong’ team bit though, as DM has mixed and matched in every friendly that we know of.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 04, 2020, 04:05:30 pm by scawsby steve »
New Donny posted on here that we had put out a decent team and confirmed that we lost 5-0.

I know that mate, but I was puzzled as to why Hoden made that statement.

Is he really that bad a reporter that he can't get his facts right about how many goals we've scored?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 04, 2020, 04:13:38 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe he excluded it due to it not being an official one and the manger of the other team didn't want it announcing so was respecting that

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 04, 2020, 04:40:33 pm by scawsby steve »
Maybe he excluded it due to it not being an official one and the manger of the other team didn't want it announcing so was respecting that

I take your point mate. In which case some people on here obviously didn't respect it.

Let's be honest, we didn't have to know, and it would maybe have been better if we didn't know.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 04, 2020, 05:15:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Is he really that bad a reporter that he can't get his facts right about how many goals we've scored?

Did LH shag your daughter Steve?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 04, 2020, 05:50:45 pm by scawsby steve »

Obviously no, because he's still got his front teeth.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 04, 2020, 07:17:09 pm by NewDonny »
I think Jonathan also re-affirmed that scoreline. Not sure on the ‘strong’ team bit though, as DM has mixed and matched in every friendly that we know of.

iI'll name the DRFC starting line up if you would like Alan, take it from me it was strong DRFC side.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 04, 2020, 08:04:33 pm by dknward2 »
It doesn't matter it was a friendly wether a genuine one or otherwise

Just have to concentrate on winning on Saturday yes I know we play Tuesday but don't really care about the EFL cup let's just win the league

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 04, 2020, 09:04:20 pm by Janso »
Chesterfield pumped is 4-0 or something the other summer. They went down. Means the square root of f**k all, really.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 04, 2020, 09:45:27 pm by Campsall rover »

Just have to concentrate on winning on Saturday yes I know we play Tuesday but don't really care about the EFL cup let's just win the league
What only win it. Come on you can do better than that can’t you? :thumbsup:  :) :) :)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 04, 2020, 10:27:12 pm by dknward2 »

What only win it. Come on you can do better than that can’t you? :thumbsup:  :) :) :)

Yeah didn't want to go to over the top

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 04, 2020, 10:50:24 pm by the vicar »

iI'll name the DRFC starting line up if you would like Alan, take it from me it was strong DRFC side.
he needs to chop or he int going to know how people are going to play, and who plays better with someone. Come next Saturday he will know in his own mind what his best 11 is

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 04, 2020, 11:13:48 pm by RoversAlias »
Chesterfield pumped is 4-0 or something the other summer. They went down. Means the square root of f**k all, really.

Quite a game, that! Alfie May lost his head and got sent off, so we gave up on the game and played a load of youth teamers in the second half. Chessie fans thought they were set for a great season because of the result and it couldn't have gone worse for them.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 05, 2020, 12:49:31 am by NewDonny »

he needs to chop or he int going to know how people are going to play, and who plays better with someone. Come next Saturday he will know in his own mind what his best 11 is

I totally agree, I also agree that friendlies are in no way any indication of how a team is doing and or shaping up for the season. I think I have also posted in another thread on here how Arsenal thumped Man Utd something like 4-5-1 in the Charity Shield a few years back and Man Utd went onto win the treble that season (League, Fa Cup & Champions League) - I was there at Wembley for that game in fact.

Anyway, my response was only in relation to Alan casting doubt on my account of things thats all, but heh its all done with now.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 05, 2020, 02:43:06 am by stuey »

Obviously no, because he's still got his front teeth.

That is a fantastic reply 👏

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 05, 2020, 08:09:04 am by Alan Southstand »
Anyway, my response was only in relation to Alan casting doubt on my account of things thats all, but heh its all done with now.

Nobody was casting anything! If you bothered to read what I wrote, you would understand where I was coming from. OK, so the starting 11 was a strong one, but what team finished the game - I’ll bet it wasn’t the same team.

Even the team that beat ManU u23’s wasn’t our strongest! For goodness sake, stop making mountains out of molehills.

Enjoy watching Rotherham this season, by the way.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 05, 2020, 09:49:43 am by NewDonny »

Nobody was casting anything! If you bothered to read what I wrote, you would understand where I was coming from. OK, so the starting 11 was a strong one, but what team finished the game - I’ll bet it wasn’t the same team.

Even the team that beat ManU u23’s wasn’t our strongest! For goodness sake, stop making mountains out of molehills.

Enjoy watching Rotherham this season, by the way.
. Ok Alan, then we agree and not a mogul in sight!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012