Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:21:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlie Seaman recalled?  (Read 2103 times)

Warwickshire Red

• Forum Member
Charlie Seaman recalled?
« on February 19, 2021, 02:39:11 pm by Warwickshire Red »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Charlie Seaman recalled?
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2021, 02:55:49 pm by donnievic »
Their season has been null and voided

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 19, 2021, 04:07:55 pm by Metalmicky »
Hopefully get some work into the lad and he'll be ready for take-off at the start of next season.  Only down side is that he is back on our payroll..

Warwickshire Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 19, 2021, 04:42:04 pm by Warwickshire Red »
Their season has been null and voided

I didn’t realise that.  That explains it then lol

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2021, 05:24:09 pm by scawsby steve »
Hopefully get some work into the lad and he'll be ready for take-off at the start of next season.  Only down side is that he is back on our payroll..

I doubt he's ever been off it, MM. I don't think Maidstone will have contributed much towards his wages, if any at all.

The move was to get him game time.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 19, 2021, 05:36:52 pm by Metalmicky »

I doubt he's ever been off it, MM. I don't think Maidstone will have contributed much towards his wages, if any at all.

Based on....?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 19, 2021, 06:10:47 pm by scawsby steve »

Based on....?

Based on simple maths. How much do you think that Maidstone, a 6th tier club, probably part-time, can afford to pay their players?

Or to take it further, how much do you think the Rovers are contributing towards the massive wages of Sims, Smith, Richards, Balcombe, and even Simoes?

If clubs could afford to pay the wages of quality players, they wouldn't have them on loan, they'd sign them permanently. This is why loans are a lifeline to clubs like us, and to non-league clubs.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 19, 2021, 06:19:03 pm by Draytonian III »
There’s not set % of loan wages paid by clubs either way, they are sorted out player by player

welloffside

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 19, 2021, 07:19:52 pm by welloffside »

It can appear rather strange, but a lower tier club on ocasions, will not pay any contribuitions to the wages.

Let us imagine DRFC borrow a reserve player from say Man U.  Manchester want him to have first team game time, and will continue to pay his wages. The deal is, that DRFC will be required to pay a slice if they don't play him. Therefore preventing lower tier clubs from signing a player 'just in case'.  In effect you've signed him, play him.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 19, 2021, 07:21:54 pm by Metalmicky »

Based on....?

Based on simple maths. How much do you think that Maidstone, a 6th tier club, probably part-time, can afford to pay their players?

Or to take it further, how much do you think the Rovers are contributing towards the massive wages of Sims, Smith, Richards, Balcombe, and even Simoes?

If clubs could afford to pay the wages of quality players, they wouldn't have them on loan, they'd sign them permanently. This is why loans are a lifeline to clubs like us, and to non-league clubs.

If it's 'simple maths' as you say, why sign a player, on a one year deal in October, pay him a wage to play for another team all season... without having an option for further year/s.  I know we have a recall option, but surely we aren't going to pay his full wages for a year, without any prospect of him appearing in the hoops...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:25:22 pm by Metalmicky »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 19, 2021, 07:30:33 pm by Draytonian III »
Each loan is worked out individually there is no sliding scale, Man Utd > Rovers . Rovers > Maidstone, it doesn’t matter

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 19, 2021, 07:41:28 pm by Metalmicky »
Each loan is worked out individually there is no sliding scale, Man Utd > Rovers . Rovers > Maidstone, it doesn’t matter

I get that - just waiting on the 'simple maths' reasoning that we sign a player on a one year contract and then let him pay for another club whilst paying his wages.....

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 19, 2021, 08:06:50 pm by scawsby steve »

I get that - just waiting on the 'simple maths' reasoning that we sign a player on a one year contract and then let him pay for another club whilst paying his wages.....

Can't help you with that mate, because I didn't make the decision. You'll have to ask Martin.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2021, 08:23:14 pm by Metalmicky »

Can't help you with that mate, because I didn't make the decision. You'll have to ask Martin.

It was your declaration of 'simple maths' chap......expand away..

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2021, 08:28:59 pm by albie »
I thought Rovers did have an option on a further year.
From memory, that was the situation when he signed in October.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2021, 08:34:15 pm by RugbyRover »
I was never convinced there was such a thing as simple maths, as I scraped a very poor o -level all those years ago.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2021, 08:45:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Free Press says they are both back training Monday at Cantley Park depending on negative covid tests

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2021, 08:49:59 pm by scawsby steve »

F*cking hell, you're making this hard work. OK, I'll make it as easy as I can. Maidstone, 6th tier, part-time club, limited resources; Donny Rovers, 3rd tier promotion chasing club, heavily backed by rich owner. Who's the most likely to be paying the bulk of Seaman's wages, or even the whole lot?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2021, 09:03:23 pm by Metalmicky »

F*cking hell, you're making this hard work. OK, I'll make it as easy as I can. Maidstone, 6th tier, part-time club, limited resources; Donny Rovers, 3rd tier promotion chasing club, heavily backed by rich owner. Who's the most likely to be paying the bulk of Seaman's wages, or even the whole lot?

OK.......... so you don't actually know - that's fine, but not so 'simple' eh   :whistle:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012