Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:04:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Frickely Gate takings..  (Read 3559 times)

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
Frickely Gate takings..
« on July 02, 2013, 08:45:31 pm by Leebtyler »
been approached by someone on twitter asking why we are taking half the gate receipts from Frickley, i would find this hard to believe, can anyone confirm the truth? i thought we did these things for free for the benefit of the lower club?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

johnmagson

• Forum Member
Re: Frickely Gate takings..
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2013, 08:53:02 pm by johnmagson »
i find that hard to believe pal

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2013, 09:14:28 pm by STABNASTY »
A friend of mines brother is secretary at Winterton Rangers out Scunny way.  The Rovers offered to play a friendly but then asked for travelling expenses and half the gate receipts so it probably is true. Winterton politely refused as Hull, SKitsons and I think Grimsby all offered to play them for free.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2013, 12:05:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Heard the same about us taking half of the takings from a Frickley fan,if true it doesn't seem right to me,we should be helping sides out like this without recompense,a bit of an own goal in local relations,it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #4 on July 03, 2013, 12:20:14 am by DRFC MYERS »
£8 for frickley as a pre season seems steep in my opinion.. I'd have though £5 to pull a few more people in

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 03, 2013, 12:28:18 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It is a bit steep DRFC,but if they don't have good run in the cups,this will probably be one of the biggest,if not the biggest game of the season,we should be helping sides like this out with loan players etc,and get first refusal on any players that happen to be good enough for us,there won't be many but you do get the odd one that has dropped through the net,it's all about building relationships up with our local teams.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2013, 01:06:44 am by RobTheRover »
£8 for frickley as a pre season seems steep in my opinion.. I'd have though £5 to pull a few more people in

If you would like to complain, you can write to ...

Frickley Athletic FC
Westfield Lane Stadium,
Westfield Lane,
South Elmsall,
West Yorkshire
WF9 2EQ

Good luck with that.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 03, 2013, 08:29:17 am by SIRFRAN »
When they played armthorpe welfare 2 years ago, doncaster produced the tickets as armthorpe werent capable. The cost of production was minimal and all the rovers took from the gate was the cost of this, everything else went to armthorpe

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2013, 02:54:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Surely one big part of the clubs current development is building relationships around the area, becoming the club representing not just the town of Doncaster, but of the whole metropolitan region and beyond. Taking more than the basic travel expenses is counterproductive to this.

Very foolish own goal DRFC  :thumbdown:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2013, 02:58:58 pm by Wild Rover »

So in order to make exactly the same money another 400 fans would need to go.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2013, 03:18:10 pm by dknward2 »
Is this true or is it all hearsay and rumour again?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2013, 03:20:13 pm by RedJ »
Well we're yet to see proof so..

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2013, 03:43:26 pm by albie »
It just wouldn't be worth it, surely?

No need for a coach to Frickley, its only a cockstride down the road. Players could easily turn up in their own transport.

Train fare is about £3 return, so 30 x £3 is £90. If we have asked more than that we want locking up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2013, 03:57:07 pm by Filo »
Too many jumping on the club bashing bandwaggon on here with out any proof whatsoever, just an alleged tweet to go on!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2013, 04:00:15 pm by Wellred »
and lets face it South Elmsall is full of bin kickers isn't it?

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 03, 2013, 04:01:48 pm by SIRFRAN »
The 2 times doncaster rovers have played at armthorpe welfare in recent years there has only ever been 2 costs. Most recently it was to cover cost of ticket production which was done by the rovers, and a few years back they took money to cover the cost of the few stewards which they had provided. Other than that armthorpe took all gate receipts and did very well out of each game - with the rovers also donating training gear to the club.

I find it hard to believe the rovers will have insisted on half of the gate money - everytime we dealt with the club (which was through mickey walker at the time) they have been more than helpful

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 03, 2013, 04:21:11 pm by silent majority »
As part of our discussions (IRWT) with the club on pre-season friendlies we have stressed how important and valuable it is to the local clubs to do the right thing. Hence why you saw so many local friendlies last season and again this. Believe me DRFC do understand the importance of doing their bit for local football communities and I very much doubt they would be so crass to ask for that kind of reward.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 03, 2013, 04:29:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It would be good to hear the official response to this.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 03, 2013, 04:51:09 pm by SIRFRAN »
As i stated, i find the accusation of rovers taking half the gate receipts as a joke! Even so, should the club respond to this??

The details of the friendly are between rovers and frickley - nothin to do with anyone else. Frickley are obviously happy with whatever the arrangements were otherwiae the game wouldnt have taken place. Stop looking for an excuse to have a pop at the club!

johnmagson

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 03, 2013, 06:25:29 pm by johnmagson »
When rovers played rossington main f.c back in 2008 and with a win of 9-1 to rovers, rossington main have told me they did very well from the income generated and it kept them going for just over a season and that rovers asked for no money, they are playing  them again on tuesday night at oxford street and there is 1500 tickets available at £6 adults and £3 children

TinyPortal © 2005-2012