Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:13:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How are we all feeling today  (Read 2938 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
How are we all feeling today
« on April 20, 2013, 09:18:25 am by roversdude »
Full of confidence with a tinge of apprehension here

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: How are we all feeling today
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2013, 09:22:07 am by Colin C No.3 »
I have real faith that we'll be promoted automatically. I'm unbelievably calm. Mind you, that whistle hasn't blown for kick off yet!

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2013, 09:27:42 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
As with last week, I feel sick  :lol: bit at the same time I'm quite confident  :scarf:

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2013, 09:30:53 am by Hounslowrover »
Apprehensive, setting off soon. We need to score first so I can relax a bit.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2013, 09:31:45 am by MrFrost »
Can't wait. Taking my little lad who is 3 today, his second game. Hoping we can do it today, I don't want another Cheltenham!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2013, 09:33:55 am by hoolahoop »
Can't wait. Taking my little lad who is 3 today, his second game. Hoping we can do it today, I don't want another Cheltenham!

Great get these youngsters 'blooded' early eh Frosty. Rovers kit on for your young'un I hope.  :scarf:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2013, 09:34:44 am by MrFrost »

Great get these youngsters 'blooded' early eh Frosty. Rovers kit on for your young'un I hope.  :scarf:

Might have to buy him one today.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2013, 09:35:02 am by adamtherover »
Sick, but excited cos I'm taking my boy to his first game :-)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2013, 09:37:33 am by hoolahoop »
Sick, but excited cos I'm taking my boy to his first game :-)

I hope they've stocked up on kiddies stuff today , I fancy there's going to be a lot of empty wallets prior to the game.  :lol:
Another one being 'blooded' today for the future.  :thumbsup:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2013, 09:42:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Brilliant. 3 hrs and we're on our way. Beautiful day for it, so let's hope any out there in two minds decide to come and watch a great game of footy!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2013, 09:48:59 am by IDM »
Leaving in the next hour, visit to the deli counter at the supermarket to stock up on fresh snacks, then up to visit family ahead of the game.  Ticket safely tucked into my wallet already rammed into my jeans pocket.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2013, 09:53:37 am by hoolahoop »
Leaving in the next hour, visit to the deli counter at the supermarket to stock up on fresh snacks, then up to visit family ahead of the game.  Ticket safely tucked into my wallet already rammed into my jeans pocket.

Nice one which game are you going to again ?  ;)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2013, 09:58:52 am by IDM »

Nice one which game are you going to again ?  ;)

Some meaningless end of season pressure free game Hoola...

NOT..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2013, 10:22:05 am by Al4475 »
A little nervous but hope it's our day!

For two sets of 90 mins today Carlisle followed by Hartlepool are gonna be officially my second favourite teams!

A Northern triple anyone? 

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2013, 10:31:11 am by Mr1Croft »
Pfft! I am in a really good mood, I dont feel any pressure yet because I know a win wont be enough. I hope we are promoted today but as I say the pressure isnt on us to win, its on other teams not to.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2013, 10:35:20 am by Al4475 »
Agreed Lee - but the others 'not winning' is the bit that makes me nervous if anything - not our result per se!

Viking Jack

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2013, 10:43:13 am by Viking Jack »
I'm really looking forward to the match! Due to Uni i've not been able to get to a game this season, nevermind afford the train tickets but I figured I should come back and with a bit of luck hopefully see us promoted! I've heard that Notts County are playing quite a lot of youth players to get ready for next season , but they've got nothing to lose to it might be a good match! Plus the weather is nice.  :scarf:

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #17 on April 20, 2013, 10:44:12 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
Can't wait. Just about to leave Solihull. Bowels moderate to firm. Taking Mrs Longbridge and our son. Meeting daughter from Sheff Uni at 1. A day that will live in our family for a long time...... (hopefully)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2013, 11:01:15 am by roversontheup »
I feel sick with nerves already. I will probably feel better once the match has started but depending what is happening on the pitch and elsewhere I am sure the nerves will start to kick in again!

Come on Rovers please, please don't take it to the last match!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2013, 11:09:08 am by newyankee »
Woke up haalf an hour ago, 4.30 am over here. Tried to go back to bed but can't. I am not worried but I am apprehensive about what might happen IF we lose. It really is down to the wire. I know we are in the play offs, but I would much prefr the Ist or second automatic places.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2013, 11:24:10 am by CusworthRovers »
If we lose we still have another chance at auto, if the others lose they've shit it. I know where I'd like to be. That said, I'm getting nervous now. I'm not worried about us or the scabs, I'm worried about the pitch and the lottery effect it will have. We've not played that well on it recently and need a game plan that will cope with the pitch first and foremost.

With the sunshine and the possible permutations it's certainly taking me back to 'Nam and I can't get those horrible flashbacks out of my napper. I just hope the scabs goalie doesn't decide to have the game of life like the 'Nam goalie did that infamous day.

I've given out 40 tickets for this game over the last week. I've promised everybody a win and promotion. No pressure   

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2013, 11:38:31 am by scaley back rover »
bricking it but excited @the same time come on donny make it a day to remember

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2013, 12:49:54 pm by CusworthRovers »
Sweet Baby Jesus, can't we forward the clocks a couple of hours. I don't know what to do with myself. I've run out of little jobs to do.

Whats a guy gotta do round here?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 20, 2013, 01:09:35 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I'll be watching it via "Sky Sports"  :(. I can hear Jeff Stelling now: "And we go over to the Keepmoat, where there's been a goal in the 90th minute! Are the Rovers on the way to the Championship......or are the visitors going to spoil the party?.........Come in Bryn Law", (or whoever!). Slight pause. Is it :woohoo: or is it  :facepalm:?. I can't watch and I can't listen! Help me, please, someone!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:27:58 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 20, 2013, 01:11:44 pm by CusworthRovers »
I'll be watching it via "Sky Sports"  :(. I can hear Jeff Stelling now: "And we go over to the Keepmoat, where there's been a goal! Are the Rovers on the way to the Championship......or are the visitors going to spoil the party?.........Come in Bryn Law", (or whoever!). Slight pause. Is it :woohoo: or is it  :facepalm: . I can't watch and I can't listen! Help me, please, someone!

f**kney Chutney, that's not making me feel any better.  I'm going to eat all the biscuits in a minute if things don't change

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 20, 2013, 01:16:54 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I'll be watching it via "Sky Sports"  :(. I can hear Jeff Stelling now: "And we go over to the Keepmoat, where there's been a goal! Are the Rovers on the way to the Championship......or are the visitors going to spoil the party?.........Come in Bryn Law", (or whoever!). Slight pause. Is it :woohoo: or is it  :facepalm: . I can't watch and I can't listen! Help me, please, someone!

f***ney Chutney, that's not making me feel any better.  I'm going to eat all the biscuits in a minute if things don't change

:lol: :lol: :lol:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 20, 2013, 01:26:41 pm by graingrover »
I'll be listening to the game in Brussels thanks to Rovers player. Got my Rovers shirt on and Vikings flag draped over the sofa back , Duvel beers in the fridge ready for a 'triple strength' performance from the lads as from the Duvel beer.I have tickets for next week at Brentford but THIS is the game to savour first.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 20, 2013, 01:34:04 pm by CusworthRovers »
Party time and pain free game next week Graingrover,,,,,,hopefully.

I don't need one, but I'm off for a shower to pass some time.

Christ almighty

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 20, 2013, 01:52:37 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm setting off in 10 mins. Got this funny tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach.

Could be the chips and curry sauce I had after the Frank Turner gig last night.

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 20, 2013, 01:55:42 pm by richtherover »
Early hours of the morning here in NZ and have been thinking of nothing else but this game all week. The nerves are jangling even more than before the Leeds and Dagenham finals. We have a history of doing things the hard way and I suspect today will be no different. In nearly 50 years I've never been confident of a Rovers win under pressure so a late penalty in a dull affair to get the 3 points will do nicely. Come on lads, you've got one hand on the trophy, LET"S WIN THIS TITLE.

RTID Rich the Rover

TinyPortal © 2005-2012