Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:04:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bottled it  (Read 2039 times)

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
Bottled it
« on April 20, 2013, 05:21:52 pm by bigbadjack »
Plain and simple, too many shadows and under performers out there today in front of a big crowd, we could still be playing and never score, and so it goes to the wire!! Stand up and be counted boys

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Bottled it
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2013, 05:25:13 pm by RoversAlias »
Sadly it's true. We did bottle it today. Next week is now a cup final for us, we need to prepare properly and get the job done. One more away win and we will get there.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2013, 05:33:22 pm by goalkick »
Several of the players did not turn up today.shame lot of disappointed people in a good crowd.why does this always seem to happen.possible play offs now but still in our hands. Not optimistic after today's performance.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2013, 05:37:01 pm by sha66y »
"one more away win".............?
we are playing one of the teams that as the capability to Destroy us ,,, there are players who can raise there game, and then theres those that just can`t.......

we unfortunately have too mant of the latter...

on a personal note, i am in the frame of mind that if we did go up...... we would absolutely get mullered by every team in the Championship.....

i would like to be a strong-ish team at tier 3 than a week in week out disapointment in the Championship!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2013, 05:39:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Pub team 'avin a laff in the Championship would be the way. Bag the money and build.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2013, 05:41:06 pm by besty »
Im just glad we are way from home next week.Not sure if its better we need to win or need a draw??
Thoughts?? :s

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2013, 06:24:18 pm by roversontheup »
Im just glad we are way from home next week.Not sure if its better we need to win or need a draw??
Thoughts?? :s
For me it would be better if they need to win and we only need a draw.  We have to go for the win but at least it gives us a safety net if we don't.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2013, 06:32:42 pm by bobjimwilly »
"one more away win".............?
we are playing one of the teams that as the capability to Destroy us ,,, there are players who can raise there game, and then theres those that just can`t.......

we unfortunately have too mant of the latter...

on a personal note, i am in the frame of mind that if we did go up...... we would absolutely get mullered by every team in the Championship.....

i would like to be a strong-ish team at tier 3 than a week in week out disapointment in the Championship!

The club certainly would prefer to be in the Championship, and they get a hell of a lot more money than staying in League 1.

Why is there this presumption we won't sign any new players if we get promotion?

By the way, a lot of people on here thought the same thing when we went up last time. Go figure.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2013, 06:35:05 pm by scaley back rover »
we should have gone for it today and as much as idont understand why, its a winner takes all at brentford and i hope to god we put in a performence and do it

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2013, 06:37:42 pm by River Don »
Bottled it?

I'm not sure about that. It was a fairly even game, both sides had decent spells, we had plenty of chances, they won with a free kick effort of the qualty you don't normally see in this division.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2013, 06:40:09 pm by ScillyRover »
Pub team 'avin a laff in the Championship would be the way. Bag the money and build.
Absolutely. I'd much rather we grab the chance now, it may not come around again for a while (just look at Sheff U, Leeds, Forest in recent seasons). I'd much rather we build in the Championship than Lg 1. ... it attracts better players for a start and is far more interesting to follow.

pubteam

« Reply #11 on April 20, 2013, 06:40:46 pm by pubteam »
... we struggled to string three passes together all game.

And we haven't scored from open play at home since the Portsmouth game. 5 matches is that?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2013, 06:49:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I have to agree that we bottled it. What a great stage. All set up nicely with a large crowd and great to see so many young ones there but that's as good as it got.

The whistle went and in the context of the game that was a poor show. Movement was poor, execution of pass was poor, delivery of set pieces poor. Headless chickens today.

I didn't think we could do worse than the Cheltenham performance but we did.

Perhaps if we are to be promoted then doing it for the away fans will be fitting but it's a shame that I've been watching a mid-to-bottom of the league team at home for most of the season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012