Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:57:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: On balance........  (Read 1471 times)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
On balance........
« on April 20, 2013, 08:20:24 pm by Capmeister »
we'll do it at Brentford. We were Fecking awful. If I'm honest I don't care now. This league is shite. We're shite. And before you go on I've got me ST for next season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: On balance........
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2013, 12:24:37 am by Spud »
Can't disagree too much tbh. Got mine too, wouldn't miss it for the world  :lol:

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2013, 09:32:21 am by Rios »
we'll do it at Brentford. We were Fecking awful. If I'm honest I don't care now. This league is shite. We're shite. And before you go on I've got me ST for next season.

We have been very poor at home, with a couple of exceptions, all season.  We're a different team away and the fact that we're still 2nd shows that this division is one of the most mediocre I've seen since we were in the Conference.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2013, 09:57:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rios

Go back and have a look at some of the videos of the 03/04 season.

The quality of football that year was shite compared to what we got used to seeing from clubs in the Championship.

You are taking the fact that no club has run away with division and assuming that means that the division is mediocre.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2013, 10:00:49 am by Ldr »
Rios

The quality of football that year was shite compared to what we got used to seeing from clubs in the Championship.

You are taking the fact that no club has run away with division and assuming that means that the division is mediocre.

I dont think that is the case BST. There has been no one team that has impressed this year. The fact that we are where we are despite some of the crap we have been served up with at home underlines the mediocre nature of this division.

Doesn't mean I want to stay in in another year mind!!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2013, 10:13:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I know where you are coming from Rios, but the fact that we are in the top 2 without having been dominant in our performances doesn't say anything about the overall quality of the division. It says that the division has not had a dominant few sides, which normally happens.

For what it's worth, I do agree that the overall quality is probably lower than it usually is at this level, due partly to the relatively low number of large clubs being able to raise the financial bar and buy in quality.

But believe me, the standard is far higher than in the Division 4 that we won on 03/04. This squad would have won 110 points in that division.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2013, 11:44:57 am by The Red Baron »
Rios

The football in 2003-04 was more entertaining to watch, though.

The "quality of the League" debate is an interesting one. Is La Liga a great League because it is dominated by a couple of high-quality sides (this season it is a bit of a one-horse race, of course)? Or is League One this season, where a few weeks ago any one of six or seven teams could have won it, a better League?

I thought that last time we were in League One the quality was infinitely higher than it is this time, but there were some big hitters in there- Swansea, Leeds, Forest- with some serious financial clout.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012