Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:53:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: April 20th 2013  (Read 1053 times)

MiKA

• Forum Member
April 20th 2013
« on April 21, 2013, 10:16:41 am by MiKA »
Will this date go down in Rovers history as the day we bottled it and missed out on promotion!

I hope not but I can't help feeling it is so, fair enough had we played a good game and just got beaten by a screamer of a goal but yesterday was far from that.  Right from the off it was clear to see that we we're the 2nd best team, our players looked uneasy and unsure of what they had to do and tactically Flynn had it all wrong.

As far as the players were concerned you had to put it down to nerves but if they were nervous yesterday then how will they be at Brentford or in the playoffs!  I've got my ticket for that game and I pray to God that we can still do it but after yesterday it's looking unlikely.

:(   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: April 20th 2013
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2013, 10:18:36 am by Ldr »
Away from home, fewer fans, expectation of failure from the fans rather than expecting to roll over a mid table team like was the case yesterday = no pressure  :rtid:

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2013, 10:20:00 am by MiKA »
Glass half full rather than half empty, I like that    :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2013, 10:20:49 am by Filo »
Will this date go down in Rovers history as the day we bottled it and missed out on promotion!

I hope not but I can't help feeling it is so, fair enough had we played a good game and just got beaten by a screamer of a goal but yesterday was far from that.  Right from the off it was clear to see that we we're the 2nd best team, our players looked uneasy and unsure of what they had to do and tactically Flynn had it all wrong.

As far as the players were concerned you had to put it down to nerves but if they were nervous yesterday then how will they be at Brentford or in the playoffs!  I've got my ticket for that game and I pray to God that we can still do it but after yesterday it's looking unlikely.

:(   

We`ve been there once, remember the Cheltenham disappointment and what happened after that?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2013, 10:26:12 am by RobTheRover »
Aye. The lads rolled their sleeves up and found an extra 25% of endeavour,  graft and sheer bloody mindedness,  conceding 1 goal and scoring 6 as we went through the playoffs like a dose of salts.

Hopefully our lads get that now and win this playoff final on Saturday (for that is effectively what it is).  At least yesterday's results mean we can't get the ridiculous scenario of having an extra promotion playoff game.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2013, 11:21:32 am by The Red Baron »
The biggest thing in our favour is that the pressure will be greater on Brentford than it is on us. They need to win, and win in front of their own crowd as well. I would not like to be in that position with our home form- though I appreciate theirs is better.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012