Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:36:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If we don't make it to the championship....  (Read 1925 times)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
If we don't make it to the championship....
« on April 21, 2013, 10:44:05 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
...Lets have the dingles down, Rotherham up and Sheff U fail in the play-offs  :P

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Re: If we don't make it to the championship....
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2013, 11:07:57 am by nice one rovers »
The more local derbys, the better for me.
I must admit, I've enjoyed league 1. I only want to see us in the Championship when we have a Championship team again, and not a league 1 team that got lucky.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2013, 11:10:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
Well the summer is usually a good time to turn a League One team into a Championship team.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2013, 11:25:07 am by The Red Baron »
Yes, it would be nice to have more local derbies, but I'm not sure a chance like this will come again for a while.

I felt exactly the same in 2008: if we'd lost in the play-offs I was convinced the team would break up and we'd be back to square one- probably needing another four or five years before we were ready to have another shot at the Championship. That's how I feel now.

Well, we do get another chance next week and even if we don't make that we have the play-offs. But it doesn't make yesterday's events seem any better.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2013, 11:30:40 am by colincramb »
A league 1 team that got lucky!!? Excuse me, but I didn't know league tables could lie! Lucky, a team that has one of the finest away records in the country

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2013, 11:37:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

There's this old chestnut about people with left-wing views being perennially optimistic and vice versa.

Thee and me are classic examples.

Pretty much every season for the last 6 or 8 I have been seeing ways in which we'd go from 16th at Xmas to make the play-offs, while you have been predicting collapse and disaster.

We'd make a fascinating psychological experiment between us.

Any road, for what it's worth, we WILL go up this year and we will then finish 4 or 5 places out of the relegation zone next year.

But, if for any reason we don't go up this year, we will go up next year.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2013, 11:37:58 am by nice one rovers »
A league 1 team that got lucky!!? Excuse me, but I didn't know league tables could lie! Lucky, a team that has one of the finest away records in the country

I meant "lucky" in the sense that the other teams around us were poor at times when we needed them to be poor. And you must admit, we would be in 24th place if this team was in the championship?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2013, 11:46:57 am by RedJ »

I meant "lucky" in the sense that the other teams around us were poor at times when we needed them to be poor. And you must admit, we would be in 24th place if this team was in the championship?

This team was never intended for the Championship. Obviously the nucleus of the squad was going to be kept around but Saunders said he'd build a side competitive for the division we were in, and Flynn I believe has said words to the same effect.

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 21, 2013, 11:48:48 am by RedmanRufus »
So gloomy on here bit of confidence wouldn't go a miss. We're going up

You reds

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 21, 2013, 11:51:05 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Even if we don't go up I can't see a mass exodus of players if I'm honest. Can anyone else?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2013, 11:51:17 am by The Red Baron »
TRB

There's this old chestnut about people with left-wing views being perennially optimistic and vice versa.

Thee and me are classic examples.

Pretty much every season for the last 6 or 8 I have been seeing ways in which we'd go from 16th at Xmas to make the play-offs, while you have been predicting collapse and disaster.

We'd make a fascinating psychological experiment between us.

Any road, for what it's worth, we WILL go up this year and we will then finish 4 or 5 places out of the relegation zone next year.

But, if for any reason we don't go up this year, we will go up next year.

I'll admit to being a natural pessimist, but I hardly think I'm in a minority on here. Maybe it is born of too many seasons of struggle in the 70s, late 80s and 90s.

Interesting that given the generally negative vibes on here, your logic would have this board as a haven of right-wing politics. And it may be many things, but it certainly isn't that!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2013, 11:52:22 am by The Red Baron »
Even if we don't go up I can't see a mass exodus of players if I'm honest. Can anyone else?

With only seven under contract, I'd expect to see quite a turnover of personnel whatever the outcome of the season.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2013, 11:54:21 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

With only seven under contract, I'd expect to see quite a turnover of personnel whatever the outcome of the season.

But why wouldn't a lot of them except a new contract here? I can't see a mass of championship clubs kicking our door in to sign our out of contract players

TinyPortal © 2005-2012