Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:44:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If the manager was to leave….  (Read 6105 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: If the manager was to leave….
« Reply #60 on October 30, 2021, 10:03:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Another pointless thread feeding the fanbase more regurgitated opinions without realistic solutions….

I’ll say this fkin slowly for the half-witted!

Richie- had - to- build- a-team- with-his-initial-budget-, the-team-was-decimated-by-previous-mismanagement, So-Richie-used-all-of-his-budget-to-get-enough-players-to-be-able-to-fulfill-fixtures!
I’m-sure-he-would-have-preferred-to-add-quality-players-to-an-existing-squad-to-strengthen-it, - but-that-wasn’t-the-case-as-you-all-well-know!

You were there, you saw what happened, yet you expect so much more than can be realistically achieved under the circumstances…..

I’m more Disapointed in the so called supporters who have chosen to forget how Richies tenure started, and assume that he started with a level playing field….

Donny has really shitty supporters!

What-a-stupid-f*cking-arrogant-halfwitted-post.

Donny has shitty supporters? I'll tell you about shitty supporters. Almost 60000 Spurs fans tonight booed every single misplaced pass by their players in the last 30 minutes of that game. THAT'S what you call shitty supporters.

When have you ever heard anything like that at the Keepmoat?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 31, 2021, 12:08:17 am by ditch_drfc »
Well, if the board go through their usual rigmarole in appointing a manager, then we'll be needing a caretaker first.

I wonder if Paul Green would fancy giving it a go?

Honestly couldn't care less if Paul Green fancies "giving it a go", the last thing we need is another bloody amateur manager.

Our next appointment needs to be a proven manager who can bring some professionalism back to the club.

And please for crying out loud, when Wellens does eventually get the sack, can we not have the farce of the month long application process. The board's Plan B cannot be invite CVs, as when Dickov got sacked. Identify your man early and get him in.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 31, 2021, 12:48:51 am by Draytonian III »
….one way or the other, who do people want to replace him ? Remember we don’t usually poach managers from other clubs and Copps doesn’t want it

And to go back to my original opening post ….

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 31, 2021, 08:00:28 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Get a manager who's done really well at turning around a nightmare situation. There's one at chesterfield who looks to be doing just that with a great record.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 31, 2021, 08:03:45 am by Chris Black come back »
We were rightly looking for a manager we could rely on over the medium to long term, after being messed around by managers these last few years. Also a manger who bought into our whole philosophy and had some degree of commitment to us as a club. Wellens ticked all these boxes. Not sure anyone looked too deeply beyond that in terms of his transfer dealings or managerial style and ability. Getting someone in who can keep us up in manner of Warnock or Big Sam is not going to meet our long term goals.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 31, 2021, 11:50:41 am by sha66y »
Another pointless thread feeding the fanbase more regurgitated opinions without realistic solutions….

I’ll say this fkin slowly for the half-witted!

Richie- had - to- build- a-team- with-his-initial-budget-, the-team-was-decimated-by-previous-mismanagement, So-Richie-used-all-of-his-budget-to-get-enough-players-to-be-able-to-fulfill-fixtures!
I’m-sure-he-would-have-preferred-to-add-quality-players-to-an-existing-squad-to-strengthen-it, - but-that-wasn’t-the-case-as-you-all-well-know!

You were there, you saw what happened, yet you expect so much more than can be realistically achieved under the circumstances…..

I’m more Disapointed in the so called supporters who have chosen to forget how Richies tenure started, and assume that he started with a level playing field….

Donny has really shitty supporters!

What-a-stupid-f*cking-arrogant-halfwitted-post.

Donny has shitty supporters? I'll tell you about shitty supporters. Almost 60000 Spurs fans tonight booed every single misplaced pass by their players in the last 30 minutes of that game. THAT'S what you call shitty supporters.

When have you ever heard anything like that at the Keepmoat?

Firstly…you read my post and found only the reference to shitty supporters unpalatable?
This is exactly what a shitty supporter does….he reads a post and extracts the bit that he doesn’t agree with, then argues that bit……???
What about the bit I wrote for the slow-witted…was that all just a lie od did you already know that, hence my original point!

The supporters on this forum who continually point out the obvious shortfalls of the team already knowing the task faced by Richie are as Shitty as you are going to get !

I care little for Spurs fans behaviour, but I read the continuous bile aimed at the players, the manager and the board and wonder whether Doncaster needs a football team at all……
Here’s another tidbit for you that I referred to about 15 games ago…

This team is pretty much going to get relegated barring a miracle,

We are fire fighting from a perilous position, a great reset is required!
Yes we might lose some support, so what, it happens…..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:59:39 am by sha66y »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 31, 2021, 12:13:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
You always get some fans on all clubs forums who like to take the moral high ground and call other supporters out for not supporting the team or whatever.

People pay their money and they can say what they like about the manager and players, so long as they aren't abusive.

Nobody is right or wrong. Just all opinions.

Other people being 'shitty supporters' is just your opinion. Which i happen to find absolute virtue signalling b*llocks.

A fan who pays to get in to the keepmoat has a right to boo for 90 minutes if they so wish. Their support is financial, if not vocal. Doesn't make them shitty. Most won't be doing it for a laugh. They'll be doing it for a good reason. Such as booing a manager who is shit and has not yet proven otherwise.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 31, 2021, 02:18:47 pm by sha66y »
You always get some fans on all clubs forums who like to take the moral high ground and call other supporters out for not supporting the team or whatever.

People pay their money and they can say what they like about the manager and players, so long as they aren't abusive.

Other people being 'shitty supporters' is just your opinion. Which i happen to find absolute virtue signalling b*llocks.

A fan who pays to get in to the keepmoat has a right to boo for 90 minutes if they so wish. Their support is financial, if not vocal. Doesn't make them shitty. Most won't be doing it for a laugh. They'll be doing it for a good reason. Such as booing a manager who is shit and has not yet proven otherwise.

That’s tantamount to owning an old crippled dog that not only is immobile but blind and can’t swallow, yet because you own it you can shout at it and kick it because it won’t eat or walk…..

When you already know the ailments the dog has , it’s pointless to keep stressing them unless you can open up a discussion for a solution…..if no viable solution exists then the ignorant will continue to kick the crippled dog …….

Donny fans are not so shitty as crippled dog kickers then ! ……lol

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 31, 2021, 02:37:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

That’s tantamount to owning an old crippled dog that not only is immobile but blind and can’t swallow, yet because you own it you can shout at it and kick it because it won’t eat or walk…..

When you already know the ailments the dog has , it’s pointless to keep stressing them unless you can open up a discussion for a solution…..if no viable solution exists then the ignorant will continue to kick the crippled dog …….

In English please if you could.

You sound like Eric Cantona.

Any seagulls knocking about?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 31, 2021, 06:48:58 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Just thought of another example of a manager coming in for a struggling team and turning it around.

Burton a year or two ago looked out of it. Then Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink came back to manage and they couldn't stop winning. If they had given the manager then benefit of the doubt, they'd be in League 2 now when they didn't need to be.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 31, 2021, 07:05:46 pm by dickos1 »
Burton let hasselbaink sign  12 players in January, that more than anything enabled them to stay up

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 31, 2021, 07:43:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
They also had a wage bill of £4.5m in 19/20 which I imagine was more than us.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 31, 2021, 07:48:39 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Burton let hasselbaink sign  12 players in January, that more than anything enabled them to stay up

Ah, fair enough. Didn't know that dickos. Makes sense then.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 31, 2021, 07:51:58 pm by Draytonian III »
Maybe and this is only a maybe if the present manager wasn’t an ex player the board and the majority of supporters wouldn’t be so tolerant with him. At the minute I am personally undecided

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 31, 2021, 07:54:23 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
On the flipside, I remember Wycombe avoiding relegation under Ainsworth on the last day at Torquay a few years ago, the year Torquay dropped into the NL.

Look where Wycombe are now, and where they have been (Championship) under Ainsworth.

So i'm not saying that sticking with a poorly performing manager is always bad. Some can come good once they get things into place. I guess that is what some fans are hoping for with Wellens.

I don't know. Just feels wrong to be supporting a manager who seems to have so many deficits already, even accounting for injuries etc. Our away record is the killer for me. Even if we could see out some draws and be a bit more robust away, that would give me a bit of optimism.

I'd appreciate it if Richie could engage a bit more with fans though rather than just apologizing for defeats all the time.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 31, 2021, 07:55:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
The worst aspect is that we all know if the opposition scores first, we ain’t going to get anything from the game, even against poor sides. That points to something mentally wrong, not just tactical or physical.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 31, 2021, 07:58:26 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The worst aspect is that we all know if the opposition scores first, we ain’t going to get anything from the game, even against poor sides. That points to something mentally wrong, not just tactical or physical.

I agree. Which is why i was stunned when we beat MK after being pegged back. Mindset being they are level and so there is now only one winner.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 31, 2021, 08:20:05 pm by dickos1 »

Although we did last week

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 01, 2021, 12:54:06 pm by sha66y »

In English please if you could.

You sound like Eric Cantona.

Any seagulls knocking about?

When something is wrong and you know exactly what it is, and why it came to be wrong….why keep talking about it as if it’s something new!

Every single Rovers fan knew that we were going to struggle this year,
many said they’d be happy to get 20th place…….

Yet when this is being tested it appears that many fans have forgotten quite a few things that happened and are not happy with a struggle ……….

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 01, 2021, 05:05:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I think most thought mid table from memory not relegation.

You keep pointing out that our aliments are known but Wellens had only 7 players on the books. A great position for a new manager to make a team his own and correct any ailments. He's not done that. Does that mean we just see the season out and try again next year with no consequence? He won't be able to make as many additions to the squad next summer because he's given decent contracts out.

We're not showing any fight as a club that's the issue we could buy into a scrapping for relegation team that battles but we signed a bunch of technical players as if we were going to be top of the league bossing every game. We're not at the bottom because it's predetermined and there's nothing the manager can do about it. Please understand this.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 01, 2021, 05:28:31 pm by ravenrover »
There's a difference if you say 7 players some of very poor quality most of whom we are stuck with

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 02, 2021, 02:04:51 pm by sha66y »

You keep pointing out that our aliments are known but Wellens had only 7 players on the books. A great position for a new manager to make a team his own and correct any ailments. He's not done that. Does that mean we just see the season out and try again next year with no consequence? He won't be able to make as many additions to the squad next summer because he's given decent contracts out.

We're not showing any fight as a club that's the issue we could buy into a scrapping for relegation team that battles but we signed a bunch of technical players as if we were going to be top of the league bossing every game. We're not at the bottom because it's predetermined and there's nothing the manager can do about it. Please understand this.

It’s only a great position if the funds are sufficient to bring in real quality…..
Clearly ( and this is quite obvious) there wasn’t!
Covid and a lack of gate money must have impacted on monies available,
Actual players available during preseason would have determined how thin the budget would need to be spread to get the right amount,
hence we ended up with a few “ Blue stripers”

I’m sure Richie assumed the existing players (7) would be a lot better than they have proven to be, the likes of Anderson a perfect example, he should have been commanding the back line and leading by example , but he appears to be part of the defensive problem!

Richie must be absolutely dumbfounded with the sick, lame and lazy that he adopted and the players he brought in to compliment them now look just as lost!

When the rumblings coming out of the dressing room are for change then I’ll agree that Richie has done all that he can, but until that time ( regardless of results) he will have my total support, and I won’t ever call for a managers head especially when I understand the issues we have….

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 02, 2021, 02:49:21 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

It’s only a great position if the funds are sufficient to bring in real quality…..
Actual players available during preseason would have determined how thin the budget would need to be spread to get the right amount,

I’m sure Richie assumed the existing players (7) would be a lot better than they have proven to be, the likes of Anderson a perfect example, he should have been commanding the back line and leading by example , but he appears to be part of the defensive problem!

Richie must be absolutely dumbfounded with the sick, lame and lazy that he adopted and the players he brought in to compliment them now look just as lost!

When the rumblings coming out of the dressing room are for change then I’ll agree that Richie has done all that he can, but until that time ( regardless of results) he will have my total support, and I won’t ever call for a managers head especially when I understand the issues we have….

Richie could have watched every game from the second half of last season to know what he was getting. For someone going to a new club it’d be negligent not to.

The budget is higher than Moore had that’s been said a few times by SM and others who know these things.

The budget is clearly good enough to build a side capable of staying up relatively comfortably. Just look at our squad and it’s experience/pedigree compared to our current competition at the bottom. You talk like relegation was a certainty and it’s crazy to expect better. Please accept that most people wouldn’t deem relegation a successful season.

Re calling for the sack I actually want him to have till the end of this month. I think he’ll get it too. But at a certain point if it’s not working you can’t keep giving funds in Jan or even next summer to be squandered. At some point the buck has to stop or else we’d still have Dickov signing players on 3 year deals for our national league north campaign. Much easier to be self sufficient in L1 than L2 it’s in the clubs interest not to go down with a whimper.

I know you’d be coming to watch even if that was the case before you give it all that. Good for you.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 02, 2021, 03:03:47 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Get in your hot tub & put your Gary Glitter compilation (on vinyl) on before you have a heart attack Squadron Leader.

Sorry, forgot a few………..& the good old………lol!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 02, 2021, 03:07:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
They also had a wage bill of £4.5m in 19/20 which I imagine was more than us.
I bet that’s more than ours is now but we don’t know because are well run club and yet the figures are not published.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 03:11:52 pm by steve@dcfd »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on November 02, 2021, 03:07:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Totally unfair to judge Wellens on one transfer window when we knew a rebuild was required that would take at least two windows.

Totally unfair to judge Wellens with the unforseen absences due to the injuries and covid at the start of the season.

Totally unfair to expect Wellens to wave a magic wand and somehow beat stronger teams when he has even fewer players to choose from given Close, John's, Seamans and Rowes more recent absences to add to Fejiri's and Taylors longer term injuries.

He wants us to play the right way, he sees the same weaknesses we do so he's in the best position to improve it.

Judge him when he has the better players available when he has to make the right selections and formations.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 02, 2021, 04:21:03 pm by sha66y »

Get in your hot tub & put your Gary Glitter compilation (on vinyl) on before you have a heart attack Squadron Leader.

Sorry, forgot a few………..& the good old………lol!

Bit early for the red old lad!
I’m assuming your not actually knocking the post, just rattling ya little tin sabre,
I see you have jumped ship regarding the positivities?
When the going gets tough ….the ………

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 02, 2021, 06:09:37 pm by ForsolongaRover »
In suggesting that it is “Totally unfair” to make judgments on Wellens record so far is highly debatable. The length of time that you may reasonably allow any kind of manager to prove themselves is based on the activity or business. Losing customers or in the case of a professional sporting team, spectators, are major considerations. Another factor is the relative quality of the performance, the evidence of improvement. I am not saying that the mitigating factors should not be weighed, but the situation should not make judgment at this stage “totally unfair”.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 03, 2021, 06:30:11 am by dickos1 »
We all knew the plan this season was to build a squad over two windows to consolidate this season and then next season we would have a more competitive budget to push on.
We all knew this, we were all happy with this but now it’s being played out everyone is crying about it

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 03, 2021, 09:53:47 am by ChrisBx »
We all knew the plan this season was to build a squad over two windows to consolidate this season and then next season we would have a more competitive budget to push on.
We all knew this, we were all happy with this but now it’s being played out everyone is crying about it

Do you know what consolidate means?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012