Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:15:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Killer...  (Read 2375 times)

Spankster

• Forum Member
Killer...
« on January 22, 2011, 09:03:59 pm by Spankster »
looked more settled today, did some good work especially going forward

best of all is his first touch/ball control, this was almost breathtaking at times (my opinion)

There were plenty of positives there today, not the end of the world losing 2 league games in a row.

Oh by the way, get off Sulli's back! he barely poot a foot wrong today, I know we have shipped in loads of goals but today was not his fault.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re:Killer...
« Reply #1 on January 22, 2011, 09:22:10 pm by grayx »
Spankster wrote:
looked more settled today, did some good work especially going forward

best of all is his first touch/ball control, this was almost breathtaking at times (my opinion)

We need to impress him as a club if we're going to have a chance of keeping him. Like Sharp,a quality player capable of playing at a higher level. Hope we can convince him that we have potential to challenge for Premiership one day. We haven't yet got the squad to do so in my opinion.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2011, 11:53:30 am by CusworthRovers »
Be careful of over-hyping the lad. With Billy we had time to see he was different gravy before stating it to be fact.

I've seen Killa a few times and although I'm not saying he looks bad, I'm also not saying he looks the messiah many seem to think he is (not at this point anyway), this early in his DRFC tenure.

There are a couple of facts that need looking at:

1. He failed to make it at Sunderland and there were hardly a team full of England CH's in his way.

2. Early days, but for Ipswich's first, why was he charging out of his box to win a header that should have been the job of a midfielder. In the end he actually lost the header and their lad simply headed it into the box where Killa would/should have been for Norris to score.

3. For the third (I think the third), with the cross from the right. Locky was on Priskin and Killa decided to also go near post area and and also mark Priskin, leaving 2 lads to come behind him and have a free header into the net giving Sulli no chance.

As said, not saying he's poor, just careful of over-hyping him like some seem to be doing. It may be a settling in process to get to know the systems. He's also playing in a defence very low confidence, which may explain his desire to want to cover every ball and not trusting his colleagues to do their job and him concentrate on his position/role.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2011, 05:02:44 pm by Spankster »
you make some very good points there cussy, especially the possible over compensating to cover the ball as he feels his team mates are not.

I wasn't trying to hype him up, as I said he looked more settled because in his first game he was far from being anything better than average, I was just trying to point to something positve from yesterday because many on here are reading the last rights after losing 3 games on the bounce, or 2 pushing aside the cup game.

Time will tell but you can be sure SOD will get the best from him by time this season ends.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #4 on January 23, 2011, 06:03:30 pm by Chrisd_123 »
The arguement i'd put forward against your point for the first goal is that yes, he did come charging out but as you said ' It should have been a midfielders job'. The midfield recently, as others have pointed out too, hasn't been up to it and been leaving the back 4 open to attacks. I'm not trying to over-hype him or anything but yesterday i felt the defence looked very solid compared to previous weeks and looks good with both Killa and Locky winning a lot in the air etc. I just got the feeling the back 4 yesterday, in the second half, were trying to do their own job and having to do part of the midfield's job too.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2011, 06:33:02 pm by Spankster »
lmao......

TinyPortal © 2005-2012