Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:43:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question for the board  (Read 15478 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Question for the board
« Reply #90 on January 17, 2020, 05:13:46 pm by Barmby Rover »
You’re wasting your time Martin
He is, The last person to take notice of, as he is just the apologist for a board that has no interest in lifting the club into a higher level.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 17, 2020, 05:15:50 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
He is, The last person to take notice of, as he is just the apologist for a board that has no interest in lifting the club into a higher level.

And you base that opinion on???

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 17, 2020, 05:39:37 pm by Donnybax »
So, what is it, then?

And for the thirtieth time today it's because DM is waiting for his plan A to come together. He could go to plan B right now and sign players to keep you happy Alan, but he ain't going to, sorry!

but we’ve missed out on targets? So surely we already are on plan B C etc...?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 17, 2020, 05:41:49 pm by silent majority »
So, what is it, then?

And for the thirtieth time today it's because DM is waiting for his plan A to come together. He could go to plan B right now and sign players to keep you happy Alan, but he ain't going to, sorry!

I stand by what I said last night we haven't missed out, until today that is.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 17, 2020, 05:44:33 pm by silent majority »

An apologist for the board? How weird. We're a supporters trust, we hold the club to account for the financial management of DRFC for the good of all supporters. The fact that we have a well run club that runs smoothly and efficiently should be applauded and not derided.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 17, 2020, 05:45:12 pm by Donnybax »
Would you be told about every transfer target we have Martin? This isn’t a dig, just a genuine question.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 17, 2020, 05:45:26 pm by IDM »
So, what is it, then?

So Wilks was a genuine target, of that’s what you mean.?  If so that’s interesting to see we are looking to compete with championship clubs for championship level players..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 17, 2020, 05:49:11 pm by dickos1 »
We already know we were trying to sign a premiership player though don’t we?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 17, 2020, 05:54:10 pm by Jonathan »
To be honest, although I like Wilks, I’m not too fussed that we’ve missed out on a loan target. Fair play to us for throwing our hat in, but more loans wouldn’t solve anything beyond the immediate term. And if our primary target was and still is Idah on loan, then adding another loanee would make it virtually unfeasible in the first team picture.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 17, 2020, 05:55:21 pm by Rovers Return »

You just don't know Martin at all do you? The last thing he is  is an apologist for anybody believe me. In fact he is quite the very opposite and is nobodies fool. I know Martin better than all of you and he questions everything, looks at things from all angles and quickly works out what and who isn't what it claims to be. He has the best interests of the club at heart and says things as they are. Unfortunately that is not good enough for certain posters who seem to have an agenda!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on January 17, 2020, 06:07:49 pm by dickos1 »
Has it been confirmed we tried to sign him?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 17, 2020, 06:31:56 pm by roversdude »
Personally I’ve always found SM totally genuine, with the club and supporters best interest at heart. Some of the posters on here must make him question why he bothers

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 17, 2020, 06:34:22 pm by IDM »
We already know we were trying to sign a premiership player though don’t we?

That’s not what I meant - taking premier league youngsters on loan to the third division is a bit different to competing with championship clubs for championship players..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 17, 2020, 07:39:27 pm by dickos1 »
I’m sure we are competing with championship clubs for the Norwich striker

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 17, 2020, 07:46:54 pm by IDM »
Then that shows we are not just settling for anyone, that we are looking at players better than should be in league 1:?

I think that shows ambition, wouldn’t you agree.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on January 17, 2020, 07:50:08 pm by dickos1 »
I know we’re not settling for anyone I’ve been saying for weeks that Moore has his targets but we don’t seem to be able to sign them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on January 17, 2020, 07:51:48 pm by IDM »
That is a different issue altogether - could be many reasons.  With Idah so at it has been beyond our control..

Pukki is fit again at Norwich now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 17, 2020, 07:54:27 pm by drfchound »
I have just had a look at the bbc sport website and numerous clubs are still signing players.
Does anyone think that those clubs are just going out and signing anyone or are they signing players that their managers have targeted.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on January 17, 2020, 07:54:43 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not sure it is at all
Just because we’re showing an interest in a championship players, it doesn’t mean we have the ambition to actually sign them

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 17, 2020, 07:56:35 pm by IDM »
I’m not sure it is at all
Just because we’re showing an interest in a championship players, it doesn’t mean we have the ambition to actually sign them

That doesn’t make sense?  If we weren’t seriously considering signing them, why show interest.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 17, 2020, 07:58:04 pm by dickos1 »
It means we’re targeting players that we don’t have a realistic chance of signing. Which in my opinion is why we’re not bringing players in.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on January 17, 2020, 08:03:09 pm by tyke1962 »
In my opinion he's gone on loan to Grant McCann not necessarily Hull City .

Hull were the only championship club in the hunt for his services .

Personally I think he'd have been better off joining Rovers on loan where he's more likely to get game time at a level he's comfortable with .

He's 12 months away from having championship credentials and there's much to work on , his work rate and decision making are at the top of the list .

The lads got talent , ran the Fulham back four ragged on the opening day of the season who are clearly no championship mugs but he's far from the finished article .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on January 17, 2020, 08:09:36 pm by IDM »
It means we’re targeting players that we don’t have a realistic chance of signing. Which in my opinion is why we’re not bringing players in.

Until the other day Idah was very realistic, still might be.

I get the impression you’re being contrary for the sake of it.  We can agree on things you know..

Neve mind.. enjoy the game tomorrow - let’s hope we’re talking about a good win rather than things neither of us know for certain, yes.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on January 17, 2020, 08:14:00 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not being contrary at all, if we’re told that money isn’t the issue then there’s only a few other reasons. And trying to sign players you have a slim chance of signing is possible one of them 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on January 17, 2020, 08:17:01 pm by silent majority »
Would you be told about every transfer target we have Martin? This isn’t a dig, just a genuine question.

I suppose if I asked then yes. But as a general rule I prefer not to know, because what can you do with that information?

If you give out that info you're breaking a trust, and that wouldn't suit me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on January 17, 2020, 08:19:20 pm by silent majority »

That's not fair.

Yes we are targeting good players, but what is the difference between getting Wilkes from a Championship club last season and trying again this season?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on January 17, 2020, 08:23:04 pm by bpoolrover »
What I don’t understand is why on Earth we let Alfie go without signing anyone, we were meant get the Norwich lad they had injuries so didn’t let him go, I can’t think of one decent reason to do so

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on January 17, 2020, 08:27:58 pm by dickos1 »
So, what is it, then?

But Moore has said himself that we’ve missed out on some players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on January 17, 2020, 08:30:14 pm by dickos1 »

That's not fair.

Yes we are targeting good players, but what is the difference between getting Wilkes from a Championship club last season and trying again this season?

There is a bit of a difference, the way he played for us last season and the fact he’s just signed for a championship club for 1 million.
When we signed him most people hadn’t heard of him.

I’m not saying we are doing this by the way, I’m just thinking of other reasons apart from
Not having the money available to spend

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 17, 2020, 08:30:27 pm by Michael Gibson »
I wonder if SM could reveal who the two strikers we bid for at the start of the season??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012