Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:25:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Too nice  (Read 2556 times)

edlored

• Forum Member
Too nice
« on February 17, 2019, 09:54:04 pm by edlored »
Against a prem team played well with the ball but not nasty enough without it, how many yellow cards did we get

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Too nice
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2019, 10:08:55 pm by tyke1962 »
Against a prem team played well with the ball but not nasty enough without it, how many yellow cards did we get

Didn't like saying this as a visitor on here but I have to agree now you have brought this up .

Far too nice , a nice team who try to play the right way but you also need a physical presence , some muscle in there to compliment the technical ability which without question is outstanding .

If you looked at the Palace team they were all big , strong with power and that's the way football is now .

I take the point the budgets are completely different but I'm also thinking if you get up to the championship you need a fair bit more physicality or it will be tough .

No disrespect intended guys just calling it as I see it .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2019, 10:10:41 pm by Filo »

Didn't like saying this as a visitor on here but I have to agree now you have brought this up .

Far too nice , a nice team who try to play the right way but you also need a physical presence , some muscle in there to compliment the technical ability which without question is outstanding .

If you looked at the Palace team they were all big , strong with power and that's the way football is now .

I take the point the budgets are completely different but I'm also thinking if you get up to the championship you need a fair bit more physicality or it will be tough .

Our strongest most physical olayer was banned at 8:30pm last night by the FA

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2019, 11:36:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've been in the Championship, we know how more physical it is. You can have a mix but as said earlier our forward line was lightweight today giving Marquis precious little back up.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2019, 06:44:58 am by roversdude »
Marquis looked a bit lost without Wilks still put a shift in but got pulled into positions where Wilks would normally be

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2019, 09:38:13 am by GazLaz »
Lee played quite well without the ball. We pressed very well at times.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2019, 09:49:19 am by steve@dcfd »

If we had got more yellow cards and got through we would have lost players for the quarter final. Whiteman could not have played for one.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2019, 09:52:12 am by drfchound »
I didn’t realise that getting a yellow card made you a tougher player.

Anyway, if we had had our usual standard of referee no doubt that there would have been several more yellow cards than we saw yesterday.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2019, 10:02:54 am by since-1969 »
We are good side when matched against L1 or Championship sides but the Premier League players look more confident and half yard quicker . We looked sheepish and gave them too much time on the ball in the first half . I also felt Downing was not up to the task  , Wright or Butler should have played but it doesn’t disguises the obvious gulf in abilities between the sides .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2019, 11:01:08 am by Filo »
We are good side when matched against L1 or Championship sides but the Premier League players look more confident and half yard quicker . We looked sheepish and gave them too much time on the ball in the first half . I also felt Downing was not up to the task  , Wright or Butler should have played but it doesn’t disguises the obvious gulf in abilities between the sides .

Downing not up to the task? Do you watch the same game as the rest of us? More than once yesterday he put his name on a ball in the air and made sure he got his head on it, he also nearly scored until May decided to divert his header over the bar

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2019, 11:03:25 am by Retdon1 »
I thought Tom Anderson was outstanding. Had batshuayi in his pocket throughout the whole game.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2019, 11:09:42 am by pib »
Anderson and Downing have been brilliant lately.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2019, 11:14:32 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I was disappointed that May didn't smash Schlupp when he was running through. Would have taken a yellow.

He seems to try and kick him but failed.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2019, 12:10:52 pm by RoversAlias »

Downing was good yesterday and dealt with their forward line better than anyone else.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2019, 12:20:43 pm by firestarter »
I feel the one major difference yesterday (watching on tv by the way) was movement .. theirs was fluid and players were on the whole looking g for space and aware. On most occasions we got close to their box we had no real runners or anyone making moves. Quite a few occasions you could see our front line simply waiting for a ball into the box and we made it too easy for their defence. Just my observation like

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2019, 12:23:32 pm by tommy toes »
Nothing went right for us yesterday really.
They scored with their first attempt, which was a cross that caught Anderson's heel to perfectly evade Marosi and go in the corner.
That settled Palace down and deflated the crowd and to some extent the players.
To conceded again right on half time was a real kick in the teeth.
Apart from that Palace rarely threatened and if you look at the stats it was an even game.
True we rarely looked like scoring, mainly due not not being able to change things round with so few attacking options on the day and Marquis isolated up front most of the time.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2019, 01:15:15 pm by ravenrover »

comments like this from  Barnsley fan make me wonder what to expect from his team in a few weeks time

TinyPortal © 2005-2012