Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:13:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Willie McKay  (Read 2888 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Willie McKay
« on March 25, 2019, 08:36:55 pm by Branton Rover »
Understood to be of interest to the Met Police again alledgedly for issuing threats to Cardiff City personnel - presumably because he or his son won’t be getting their usual slice of the transfer cake  for the late Emeliano Sala.
If proven to be true it’s all pretty sick as 2 men have lost their lives.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Willie McKay
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2019, 08:39:45 pm by RoversAlias »
He's one of the most wretched men in football.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2019, 08:51:33 pm by Filo »
Wasn’t there an altercation with one of our own fans over in the East Stand a few years ago?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2019, 09:01:23 pm by Branton Rover »
He wasn’t very happy when me & my dad made him shift out of our seats in the West Stand

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2019, 09:38:45 pm by Donnywolf »
Wasn’t there an altercation with one of our own fans over in the East Stand a few years ago?

Aye we have been reliving it on Twitter

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2019, 09:55:49 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Understood to be of interest to the Met Police again alledgedly for issuing threats to Cardiff City personnel - presumably because he or his son won’t be getting their usual slice of the transfer cake  for the late Emeliano Sala.

What you presume is strange as he is on record saying him and his son are not bothered about any money that might be owed to them.
And, in the only interview iv'e seen him give about the subject he was the one stressing that two people had lost their lives.
His son Mark was visibly distraught about what had happened.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2019, 09:57:24 pm by RoversAlias »
McKay was the one giving a BBC interview pointing the blame at Cardiff City less than 3 weeks after the deaths, to be fair. Anything for a spotlight on himself, I'm sure.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2019, 10:49:43 pm by silent majority »

What you presume is strange as he is on record saying him and his son are not bothered about any money that might be owed to them.
And, in the only interview iv'e seen him give about the subject he was the one stressing that two people had lost their lives.

Seriously? Why would you?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2019, 07:33:02 am by phil old leake »
I think the whole Sala story is very sad and the way Cardiff and Nantes are having a bun fight is dispicable.   
I obviously have no idea if the transfer etc had gone through completely but I would have thought that all top clubs would have their players insured.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2019, 07:35:03 am by drfchound »
I would think so too Phil, but whos’ player was ES officially when he died?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2019, 08:43:06 am by wing commander »
   Difficult one this,i normally tend to go on how I find people.I've only met him once and that was in a pub before the Brentford match,he bought everybody a beer and genuinely seemed to have a passion for the Rovers when I chatted to him..I actually quite liked him..
   However people I speak to whose opinions I respect who have done work/business with him don't have a good word to say about him so maybe he is one of those people who have a false front..

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2019, 10:37:32 am by Lifelong supporter »

Seriously? Why would you?

Not sure what you mean.

Bessierover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2019, 12:09:24 pm by Bessierover »
   Difficult one this,i normally tend to go on how I find people.I've only met him once and that was in a pub before the Brentford match,he bought everybody a beer and genuinely seemed to have a passion for the Rovers when I chatted to him..I actually quite liked him..
   However people I speak to whose opinions I respect who have done work/business with him don't have a good word to say about him so maybe he is one of those people who have a false front..

Likewise, I met him at a function at the Keepmoat and got speaking to him and his lads...they all seemed quite amiable

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2019, 01:37:18 pm by RedJ »
I've learned from personal experience that a person can be an utter Kitson in their work due to the nature of the job but the type of bloke you could go for a pint with in reality.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2019, 01:49:29 pm by deebee »
Insurance will not pay out IF the pilot did not have the correct license to carry a fare-paying passenger. IF he was carrying him for free then that's a different story. I think there will be a lot more to come from this tragedy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2019, 01:51:47 pm by IDM »
I've learned from personal experience that a person can be an utter Kitson in their work due to the nature of the job but the type of bloke you could go for a pint with in reality.

I know a couple of people like that.!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2019, 01:55:35 pm by RedJ »
Insurance will not pay out IF the pilot did not have the correct license to carry a fare-paying passenger. IF he was carrying him for free then that's a different story. I think there will be a lot more to come from this tragedy.
It was a cost share or something wasn't it? which makes it not a fare. Could be wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012