Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:27:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coventry fans in Thorne  (Read 3132 times)

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
Coventry fans in Thorne
« on May 03, 2019, 10:30:22 pm by shaun from thorne »
Coventry fans will be in Thorne tomorrow before and after the game according to the landlord of the white heart where they are going for drinks. Why would you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Coventry fans in Thorne
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2019, 10:33:48 pm by RedJ »
It's only families that are going apparently. I know someone who works there.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2019, 07:00:41 am by Donnywolf »
Thorne often gets visited by Coach loads of well behaved Fans

Cardiff City often had 1 or 2 Coaches by pre arrangement visiting certain local Pubs a couple of times a year - and always without trouble

Most fans of most Teams do just that - stop off on the way to Matches and behave like the decent people the vast majority of them are.

Only trouble I ever remember in Thorne is when a load of Burnley fans stopped off unannounced and made trouble and generally behaved badly. Even then probably a small percentage of them were doing the misbehaving

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2019, 07:34:27 am by DN8ROVER »
Thorne often gets visited by Coach loads of well behaved Fans

Cardiff City often had 1 or 2 Coaches by pre arrangement visiting certain local Pubs a couple of times a year - and always without trouble

Most fans of most Teams do just that - stop off on the way to Matches and behave like the decent people the vast majority of them are.

Only trouble I ever remember in Thorne is when a load of Burnley fans stopped off unannounced and made trouble and generally behaved badly. Even then probably a small percentage of them were doing the misbehaving

Man City fans returning from Grimsby stabbed/slashed a young lad in the Market chippy about 25/30 years back. When they returned it kicked off big style.Their coach left Thorne without any windows intact.
Also i remember Darlo and Barnsley calling in on the way to Scunny and causing bother. You are correct about Cardiff fans,never any trouble from them.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2019, 08:22:13 am by anton123 »
Remember Newcastle calling in to Thorne about 12 years ago it’s was at night and a few started causing bother, safe to say it didnt end well for the Newcastle lot there bud got towed back next day with no windows and tyres slashed

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2019, 09:07:56 am by RedJ »
To be fair that happens in Thorne regardless of whether you've caused trouble. ;)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 04, 2019, 10:11:34 am by Spud »
Coventry fans will be in Thorne tomorrow before and after the game according to the landlord of the white heart where they are going for drinks. Why would you.

I wouldn't believe too much from his mouth tbf but before the game wouldn't surprise me.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 04, 2019, 10:56:06 am by Boomstick »
So cov fans, you've been warned....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 04, 2019, 11:19:59 am by Filo »
White Hart? Pussys! 😀

They need to get onto Willas if they want bother 😀😀😀😀

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 04, 2019, 11:28:48 am by Filo »
There’s someone flying into Sandtoft from Coventry and has a taxi booked for 4pm to the Keepmoat with a return to Sandtoft at 7:30pm

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 04, 2019, 11:48:51 am by RedJ »
Flying? That's a bit extreme. :laugh:

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 05, 2019, 05:25:34 pm by anton123 »
Apparently they came after game and it kicked off as expected bus window went through

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 05, 2019, 05:45:14 pm by IDM »
Apparently they came after game and it kicked off as expected bus window went through

That’s nothing to be proud of, says nowt for the ones putting windows through.!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 05, 2019, 06:43:27 pm by Donnywolf »
Ridiculous - there is no excuse for this - we won FFS

Reminds me of the 70s. I went to Hereford - probably their first Season in the League - we lost 3-2 and lost to a flukey own goal when John Hayselden who I think score both Rovers goals was hit on the back by a clearance and the ball flew back into Rovers goal

...and the f*****s then came to beat us up / wreck our Coach in the Car Park. The driver was opening the Door and letting people on and opened the door and 3 / 4 Hereford yobs got on. I would have been the first person they got to but some Rovers fans ran from the back - kicked s**t out of them and threw them off the Coach

Then they said to the Driver - only let people on with Red and White scarves !

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 05, 2019, 08:50:15 pm by drfchound »

That’s nothing to be proud of, says nowt for the ones putting windows through.!

It can’t have been the kids who were behind the goal.
They would have been tucked up in bed listening to mummy reading a story.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 05, 2019, 10:24:52 pm by anton123 »
Bit daft them coming to a small pit village that time of night always going to be bother with the locals ( not football related )

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 06, 2019, 08:39:34 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Back in the 70’s and 80’s Donny was a regular stop off point for Newcastle and Sunderland fans returning up north from away games. They always caused bother round the market. I remember us having to baracade ourselves in the Magdalen one night as they tried to get in. Windows put through and all sorts. Complete nightmare.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012