Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:55:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Andy butlers goal  (Read 1935 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Andy butlers goal
« on May 19, 2019, 10:13:16 am by Boomstick »
Haven't said it yet, but its one of my favourite ever rovers goals.

Epic.

Centre half,
balby lad,
88th minute,
packed noisy Charlton end,
massive underdogs,
BANG! extra time,
Ave it you Kitsons.

The feeling and scenes in that away end from the 1300 will live with me forever.

The rendition of 'Andy butlers magic' song could be the most emotional, visceral, loud and passionate song I've ever been a part of, that was directed to a single player.

In that moment, he was the most loved man in South London, and in the pubs and living rooms of Doncaster.

Loved it!!

Thankyou Andy, hope you read this.
Your a legend.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:16:21 am by Boomstick »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFCFAN12

• Forum Member
Re: Andy butlers goal
« Reply #1 on May 19, 2019, 10:16:14 am by DRFCFAN12 »
He certainly is a legend! However if we get Paul downing on a perm, and joe wright stays fit, I can’t see butler getting in. Joe wright looked really good when he came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 19, 2019, 10:18:08 am by Boomstick »
He certainly is a legend! However if we get Paul downing on a perm, and joe wright stays fit, I can’t see butler getting in. Joe wright looked really good when he came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, but just wanted to say how much his goal meant.
He's been a great servant and a model pro.
A gent, and if I bump into him, I'll get him a pint

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 19, 2019, 10:30:11 am by Jonathan »
The game gave us a taste of every single emotion that we get hooked on following our football team for. Butler’s goal was one of the truly great moments.

“He’ll head it to the left, he’ll head it to the right”

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 19, 2019, 10:51:24 am by Chris Black come back »
Technically it was a very good header - never mind the pressure.

Got over the guy without fouling him and from distance placed it in pinpoint fashion right down in the corner.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 19, 2019, 11:07:13 am by RoversAlias »
A brilliant moment and agreed, my favourite of the night and up there for all-time.

He has been an absolute rock for us, proved the doubters wrong time and time again and is a true leader of men. I hope he is back at Rovers when his playing days are over, if this is to be the end of his time in the hoops.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 19, 2019, 11:23:26 am by jackthelad »
If it is to be his last game for us it was a great memory to leave us with, and I’m sure it will stick in his mind also!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 19, 2019, 12:14:43 pm by Dare to dream! »
Two songs stand out for me: 1. Andy Butler is magic to a silent Valley and 2. were proud of you at half time during the extra period. An emotinal night with every feeling possible experienced.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 19, 2019, 12:21:36 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Seeing the ball leave his gret head, then the net bulge, was f**king brilliant. I'd just picked myself up off the floor when I heard "OHHHHH ANDY BUTLERS MAGIC..." with 2600 arms in the air going for it.

Going to the grave with me that. You cannot get that feeling watching Super Sunday.

Thank you all for being apart of it

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 19, 2019, 12:26:27 pm by IDM »
Boomstick, I know you and I have had differences of opinion on here, but hell yes you are spot on, that was one of those moments we will remember fondly for a very long time.!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:36:14 pm by IDM »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 19, 2019, 12:28:44 pm by redarmy82 »
Seeing the ball leave his gret head, then the net bulge, was f**king brilliant. I'd just picked myself up off the floor when I heard "OHHHHH ANDY BUTLERS MAGIC..." with 2600 arms in the air going for it.

Going to the grave with me that. You cannot get that feeling watching Super Sunday.

2600?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 19, 2019, 12:30:18 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

2600?

1300 fans. 2600 arms. Presuming everyone had 2 arms

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 19, 2019, 12:30:54 pm by redarmy82 »

2600?

1300 fans. 2600 arms. Presuming everyone had 2 arms

Ah, yeah. My bad

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 19, 2019, 12:36:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The thing is, it was coming. There was no surprise when it went in and we could have nicked it in normal time!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2019, 12:48:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Boomstick, I know you and I have had differences of opinion on here, but hell yes you are spot on, that was one of those moments we will remember fondly for a very long time.!

Seconded.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 19, 2019, 12:53:44 pm by acacia94 »
Just read these about AB and got all bloody daft and teary again. Its exactly as BST has described before. Its about moments and memories – not about winning everything. Friday night perfectly packages up that brilliant idea. I've never been less bothered about losing than walking out of the Valley on Friday night. I've got those moments stored away and nobody can take em away.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 19, 2019, 12:56:29 pm by Boomstick »

Seconded.
We're all donny aren't we

TinyPortal © 2005-2012