Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:28:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Test and Trace App  (Read 15350 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: NHS Test and Trace App
« Reply #90 on October 06, 2020, 12:59:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Seriously, I've absolutely no idea if I am regularly coming into contact with cases. Or if it's an error that's been going on, unfixed for days and days. I THINK it's the latter, but since this was known to be an error over a week ago, why the hell hasn't it been sorted?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on October 06, 2020, 07:06:28 am by Donnywolf »
Stolen from Twitter Statement from Han-cog

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 06, 2020, 09:12:10 am by drfchound »
I haven't had any. I feel left out.

Billy no mates.  😉

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on October 06, 2020, 09:56:34 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Seriously, I've absolutely no idea if I am regularly coming into contact with cases. Or if it's an error that's been going on, unfixed for days and days. I THINK it's the latter, but since this was known to be an error over a week ago, why the hell hasn't it been sorted?

What phone do you have? I've had nothing, it pops up in notifications but no message in the notification (many apps do that).

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 06, 2020, 10:15:46 am by Donnywolf »
They wouldnt let me in a McDonalds last night because I dont have the App and would not downlad the App

I asked to fill in the Paper to do tracing but was refused. It laws that you have the App they said (I think its a Mcs own App)

I dont WANT an App - aha they said if you have NHS App that is just a straight forward record that you were here with no other "information"

I said I have opted to fill in paperwork everywhere I have benn rather than an App at which point they conceded that some phones dont work - and if they dont then we use the I Pad

I pointed out that I had been recorded on that very branch's IPad several times but was still refused.

Then they further conceded if the IPad didnt work their back up plan WAS the Paper and Pen - and I said well lets go for that. No sorry you have to go through the procedure starting with the App

Mrs Wolfie said when I went back to the Car without the Coffees I had gone for "you should have said your battery was flat - or you didnt have a Mobile"

Apart from the last sentence which of course makes perfect sense does any of the other stuff make any sense ? 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 12:47:04 pm by Donnywolf »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 06, 2020, 10:44:10 am by silent majority »
Just had another one while typing! Do you want mine?

Why don't you just uninstall it and install it again?

The one on my phone works perfectly.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on October 06, 2020, 01:56:45 pm by MachoMadness »
I wonder if it's an OS issue? I'm on an Android. Is it an iPhone thing?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on October 06, 2020, 01:57:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just had another one while typing! Do you want mine?

Why don't you just uninstall it and install it again?

The one on my phone works perfectly.

Will that solve it

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 06, 2020, 01:58:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
MM. No, I'm on Android.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 06, 2020, 02:35:45 pm by selby »
  According to an article in  Der Spiegel the Germans are not that happy with their track and trace app, they are having problems as well but it is probably a secret our media want to keep.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on October 06, 2020, 02:42:47 pm by MachoMadness »
That's the extent of my IT support expertise, BST! Uninstalling and reinstalling it may help as SM says.

According to an article in  Der Spiegel the Germans are not that happy with their track and trace app, they are having problems as well but it is probably a secret our media want to keep.
Evidently, it's a secret you want to keep too as you haven't provided a link, and there's nowt on the Spiegel homepage about this critical story...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on October 06, 2020, 02:52:18 pm by selby »
  Macho, don't give up just try harder.  It is a German international editorial about a German problem  try the bloody Germany section on the headings.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:59:36 pm by selby »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on October 06, 2020, 04:04:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

Why don't you just post a link? It's the courteous thing to do.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 06, 2020, 04:19:00 pm by drfchound »
Maybe he doesn’t know how to post a link.
Not everyone does.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on October 06, 2020, 04:31:53 pm by Axholme Lion »
They wouldnt let me in a McDonalds last night because I dont have the App and would not downlad the App

I asked to fill in the Paper to do tracing but was refused. It laws that you have the App they said (I think its a Mcs own App)

I dont WANT an App - aha they said if you have NHS App that is just a straight forward record that you were here with no other "information"

I said I have opted to fill in paperwork everywhere I have benn rather than an App at which point they conceded that some phones dont work - and if they dont then we use the I Pad

I pointed out that I had been recorded on that very branch's IPad several times but was still refused.

Then they further conceded if the IPad didnt work their back up plan WAS the Paper and Pen - and I said well lets go for that. No sorry you have to go through the procedure starting with the App

Mrs Wolfie said when I went back to the Car without the Coffees I had gone for "you should have said your battery was flat - or you didnt have a Mobile"

Apart from the last sentence which of course makes perfect sense does any of the other stuff make any sense ?

Why do they assume that everyone has a smart phone? I don't have one or want one so does that give them the right to exclude me, not that I would want to eat their crap in any case?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on October 06, 2020, 04:39:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not everyone does.

Then maybe you cold have suggested that he just has to highlight the text in the address bar, copy it and paste it into the message?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on October 06, 2020, 04:46:58 pm by drfchound »
Not everyone does.

Then maybe you cold have suggested that he just has to highlight the text in the address bar, copy it and paste it into the message?

Perhaps I could but I was suggesting a reason why he may not have added a link.
Perhaps you might have thought so too and made your other suggestion to him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on October 06, 2020, 05:46:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It never dawned on me that Selby wouldn't know how to paste a link.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on October 06, 2020, 06:10:48 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm fairly sure he knows, he just chooses not to because it means he gets to say stuff like "the Germans are not happy with their track and trace app", while ignoring the other side of the argument that article presents.

Even the critical arguments put forward in that article don't come close to the problems our track and trace system faces. Of course Selby doesn't want to actually talk about it constructively, he just wants to go after the Germans. I'm not sure why, as other countries having problems doesn't make UK govt failings any better, but I suppose that's what happens when everything is a weird competition to you.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on October 06, 2020, 10:01:22 pm by selby »
  Macho not at all, I just read different news outlets to the norm I suppose I got fed up with the British press some time ago.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:06:20 pm by selby »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on October 07, 2020, 03:35:54 am by SydneyRover »
Again this is not a sneer but shows how different the approach is.

Hundreds of Victorians are self-isolating and undergoing testing as a result of two Covid-19 cases linked to a cafe in Kilmore, 60km north of Melbourne.

The source of the Kilmore cases was a person connected to Melbourne’s Chadstone shopping centre outbreak, who obtained a work permit to travel to regional Victoria, and stopped to dine at Oddfellows Cafe in Kilmore during that trip.

The person did not know they were infected at the time of travel but broke the rules by dining in despite being from metropolitan Melbourne, which is still under strict lockdown. People permitted to travel to regional Victoria from metropolitan Melbourne are only allowed takeaway.

The head of Victoria’s Covid-19 testing program, Jeroen Weimar, said on Wednesday: “Kilmore is a highly risky transmission site for us”.

He said the cafe had kept meticulous records of all the people who had been through its establishment, allowing tracers to identify the link to Chadstone shopping centre and 177 people who had been through the cafe through the relevant period of 30 September to 4 October.

“Each of those people has been followed up and as a result we have 177 people and the people that they live with … now self-isolating. That’s a big ask.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/oct/07/hundreds-of-victorians-self-isolating-after-two-covid-cases-linked-to-kilmore-cafe

The Oz covid app hardly gets a mention so I'm assuming there's not a lot for it to notify or it's not working or both.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 03:38:08 am by SydneyRover »

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on October 07, 2020, 10:35:30 pm by roverstillidie91 »
An up to date article makes interesting reading in why we should be using the NHS Track and Trace App alongside the Covid 19 Symptom Track App through Kings College @ London.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/nhs-app-covid-symptom-study

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on October 09, 2020, 08:22:17 am by Ldr »
I had an notification when I woke up this morning but nothing when I opened the app. I dont feel left out now

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on October 09, 2020, 09:26:20 am by EasyforDennis »
Just watching sky news and it seems the qr coding on the new Serco track and trace app doesn't work!!
 In any industry or company not being friends or donors to the Tory party the CEO would have been sacked or forced to resign by now.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on October 09, 2020, 06:56:24 pm by Not Now Kato »
  Macho not at all, I just read different news outlets to the norm I suppose I got fed up with the British press some time ago.

The Beano?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on October 09, 2020, 07:41:36 pm by SydneyRover »
'The Victor' ?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on October 09, 2020, 09:11:34 pm by selby »
   What's your mag Kato The Loser?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on October 09, 2020, 11:34:48 pm by Not Now Kato »

Nope, the FT and the Independent mostly.  For a laugh I'll ocasionally take a look at the front page of the Mail just to see how they are currently mugging their readers. Also Aljazeera. Nothing like keeping abreast of the current situation.  Can you point me to a link to The Loser, I don't seem to be able to find it on the net.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on October 11, 2020, 02:14:50 pm by IDM »

Nope, the FT and the Independent mostly.  For a laugh I'll ocasionally take a look at the front page of the Mail just to see how they are currently mugging their readers. Also Aljazeera. Nothing like keeping abreast of the current situation.  Can you point me to a link to The Loser, I don't seem to be able to find it on the net.

Selby doesn’t do links.. ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012