Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:36:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Test and Trace App  (Read 15350 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: NHS Test and Trace App
« Reply #120 on October 11, 2020, 07:40:28 pm by Ldr »
I was advised by the app to self isolate for 10 days and get a test when I reported symptoms to it at 18:58 today, Was offered a drive through test window between 19:00 - 19:30 tonight, 2.5 miles away. Just got back. Whole set up is like something out of a zombie apocalypse film. multiple testing bays, ppl everywhere in full protective kit, 40 mins from advised to get test to been home typing this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on October 11, 2020, 07:57:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Brilliant service.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 11, 2020, 08:02:47 pm by drfchound »
Odd isn’t it that when you used the service properly it worked perfectly.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on October 11, 2020, 08:11:12 pm by Ldr »
Gov website said 95 slots available, There was also 2 other sites within 3 miles available. guess this is where the resource is

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on October 11, 2020, 09:03:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Good luck with the result Ldr.

Still waiting for my son's so that's both kids off school tomorrow and my wife not able to go to work. Going to be fun me working from home...

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on October 11, 2020, 09:15:40 pm by Ldr »
Thanks BST

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on October 11, 2020, 09:41:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Good luck with the result Ldr.

Still waiting for my son's so that's both kids off school tomorrow and my wife not able to go to work. Going to be fun me working from home...

You'll adapt, I've had 2 days in the office in 7 months.  It has many negatives that's for sure but is the right thing.  Main thing is being safe.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on October 11, 2020, 10:23:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fully agree BFYP. Personally I've had 4 days in my office in 7 months, but I was getting used to being able to work in a quiet home.

As it happens, we've just got my kid's result and it's -ve so back to (new) normal tomorrow. And a big relief.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on October 11, 2020, 10:24:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And no complaints from me about the efficiency of the testing process.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on October 12, 2020, 09:56:46 am by IDM »
As it happens, we've just got my kid's result and it's -ve so back to (new) normal tomorrow. And a big relief.

That’s great news BST.!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on October 12, 2020, 10:04:08 am by Ldr »
Fully agree BFYP. Personally I've had 4 days in my office in 7 months, but I was getting used to being able to work in a quiet home.

Great news on a dismal Monday morning

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on October 12, 2020, 12:26:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks folks. Hope you get the same result Ldr.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on October 12, 2020, 01:36:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Only issue I have with the whole experience is that it's a hell of a test to try to administer to a 12 year old in a car. I'm not at all convinced that I properly swabbed his tonsils because I just couldn't see properly. And I assume "negative" means "no virus on the swab" not "definitely no virus in your system".

Having that experience, I'd be absolutely amazed if there were not a hell of a lot of false negatives in people who carry out the test themselves or apply it to a kid. That never gets raised by the "false positive" obsessives.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on October 12, 2020, 01:53:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Only issue I have with the whole experience is that it's a hell of a test to try to administer to a 12 year old in a car. I'm not at all convinced that I properly swabbed his tonsils because I just couldn't see properly. And I assume "negative" means "no virus on the swab" not "definitely no virus in your system".

Having that experience, I'd be absolutely amazed if there were not a hell of a lot of false negatives in people who carry out the test themselves or apply it to a kid. That never gets raised by the "false positive" obsessives.

I'd echo that but swap the 12 year old for a 7 month old at the time, nigh on impossible and agree it can't be perfect.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on October 12, 2020, 01:59:37 pm by Ldr »

Had the choice of self swab or nurse swabbed. Advised to choose the latter so they did it

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on October 12, 2020, 02:31:07 pm by Ldr »
All clear just arrived

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on October 12, 2020, 03:14:39 pm by Filo »

My 32 year old daughter had to do it herself at the airport centre, her test came back inconclusive, so fathom out what that means against posative or negative

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on October 12, 2020, 03:25:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nice one Ldr. Something like 95% of test result are coming back negative which is a blessing I guess.

We weren't given the option of having someone else do the test. I'd have definitely taken that if it was on offer.

Filo. I think that means that the chemicals they use to assess presence of the virus has had some response but not enough to make it over the level that is officially classed as a +ve. It happens.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on October 12, 2020, 04:11:05 pm by Axholme Lion »
I've been working as normal since early May. Many of the staff here are under 30 and don't care. They totally ignore all social distancing and don't wear masks at all. One of them openly admitted he has not stuck to any restrictions at all because he doesn't give a F because he'll be ok. He even carried on as normal out and about when he returned from Spain and was supposed to be self isolating. The company has done the bare minimum other than stick up a load of signs to tick all the right boxes. This is why i'm hacked off with missing the football because I have no choice but to be at risk for five days a week.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on October 12, 2020, 06:06:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've been working as normal since early May. Many of the staff here are under 30 and don't care. They totally ignore all social distancing and don't wear masks at all. One of them openly admitted he has not stuck to any restrictions at all because he doesn't give a F because he'll be ok. He even carried on as normal out and about when he returned from Spain and was supposed to be self isolating. The company has done the bare minimum other than stick up a load of signs to tick all the right boxes. This is why i'm hacked off with missing the football because I have no choice but to be at risk for five days a week.

That's one reason why we used to have Unions...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on October 12, 2020, 06:18:46 pm by idler »
I have a son-in-law that works for Leeds council he likes Boris but hates unions.
I asked him if he liked the paid holidays,shorter working week, sick scheme, pension plan and National Health.
Unions were the main reason that these benefits are now expected by workers. He just doesn't get it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on October 12, 2020, 08:25:17 pm by scawsby steve »
I've only just come on off-topic.

Great news about BST and Ldr.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on October 12, 2020, 08:52:31 pm by EasyforDennis »
So the government says South Yorkshire is High risk. My Serco (NHS) app says we are medium. Who do I believe?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on October 12, 2020, 09:14:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers SS. Much appreciated.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on October 12, 2020, 10:54:34 pm by Ldr »
Thanks SS

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on October 13, 2020, 09:13:25 am by Axholme Lion »

That's one reason why we used to have Unions...

I agree with you totally, but they didn't really help themselves in the seventies did they with the winter of discontent and all that. They sowed the seeds of their own downfall hence Thatcher coming into power and here we are today.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on October 13, 2020, 09:24:37 am by IDM »

They don’t care.?  Why don’t they care.?

I think that “all right jack” attitude is really selfish and endemic across the country and is a big problem for our society, and why we end up with tits like Johnson and co in charge..

So your workplace is a dreadful example of how to deal with the pandemic and all you can worry about is whether you can go to the football.!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on October 13, 2020, 09:53:36 am by Axholme Lion »

They don’t care.?  Why don’t they care.?

I think that “all right jack” attitude is really selfish and endemic across the country and is a big problem for our society, and why we end up with tits like Johnson and co in charge..

So your workplace is a dreadful example of how to deal with the pandemic and all you can worry about is whether you can go to the football.!

That's my point. Through no fault of my own I am subject to working with people who pay no attention to any of the rules and if I get infected it's tough on me. If I have to put up with this five days a week at work I can't see why I can't stand outside and watch a football match a couple of times a month. This will be going on forever.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on October 13, 2020, 10:09:32 am by IDM »
Two wrongs don’t make a right however..

Just because those selfish people are non compliant doesn’t justify others bending the rules, does it.?

I can understand your frustrations of course...

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on October 13, 2020, 10:31:25 am by Axholme Lion »
Two wrongs don’t make a right however..

Just because those selfish people are non compliant doesn’t justify others bending the rules, does it.?

I can understand your frustrations of course...

The thing is that the fannying, something or nothing restrictions which are coming into force will not be adhered to and won't make much difference. If they can't enforce these rules then what is the point of having them?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012