Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:37:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Test and Trace App  (Read 15350 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: NHS Test and Trace App
« Reply #150 on October 13, 2020, 01:19:53 pm by IDM »
The rules should be clearer, stronger and immediate. 

I certainly agree with the sentiment of them fannying about..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on October 13, 2020, 02:12:19 pm by Axholme Lion »

Nothing is ever achieved by dithering. One way or another they should grasp the nettle and do something decisive, either open for business, or some sort of stricter rules. Personally I would rather be open for business but would abide by what ever the decision was.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on October 13, 2020, 03:14:50 pm by albie »
Dido has a band of helpers to deliver a world beating T+T system;
https://twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1315685205240315904/photo/1

Are these a relevant group to the task, better than the existing local networks?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on October 13, 2020, 05:01:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Nothing is ever achieved by dithering. One way or another they should grasp the nettle and do something decisive, either open for business, or some sort of stricter rules. Personally I would rather be open for business but would abide by what ever the decision was.

Totally agree AL.

It's just come out this morning that, three weeks ago, SAGE advised that we needed an immediate short "circuit-breaker" national lockdown to kill the increase in the infection numbers that we are currently seeing They recommended 5 policies overall:

a.   A circuit-breaker (short period of lockdown) to return incidence to low levels.
b.   Advice to work from home for all those that can.
c.   Banning all contact within the home with members of other households
( except members of a support bubble)
d.   Closure of all bars, restaurants, cafes, indoor gyms, and personal services (e.g. hairdressers)
e.   All university and college teaching to be online unless face-to-face teaching is absolutely essential.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/925853/S0768_Fifty-eighth_SAGE_meeting_on_Covid-19.pdf

The Govt implemented only 1 (b) of those 5.

In the week leading up to that report on 21 Sept there were just under 28,000 new positive test results.

In the past week, there have been 104,792. At current rates of growth, over the next week there will be another 140,000. And straight after Johnson had announced the new measures last night (which STILL come nowhere near what SAGE was advising three weeks ago) the CSA stood up in the very same briefing and said he had zero confidence that the new measures will bring this outbreak under control.

You could just, if you are really generous, make an excuse for the Govt dithering and delaying the lockdown first time round. This is absolutely unforgivable this time. By ignoring the advice three weeks ago, they have set us up for a much, MUCH harder job to control this second wave over the rest of the Winter.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on October 13, 2020, 06:05:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I reckon the genie is well and truly out of the bottle now and short of troops on the street and curfews there's no way they'll get it back in.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on October 14, 2020, 10:27:39 am by Axholme Lion »

Totally agree AL.

It's just come out this morning that, three weeks ago, SAGE advised that we needed an immediate short "circuit-breaker" national lockdown to kill the increase in the infection numbers that we are currently seeing They recommended 5 policies overall:

a.   A circuit-breaker (short period of lockdown) to return incidence to low levels.
b.   Advice to work from home for all those that can.
c.   Banning all contact within the home with members of other households
( except members of a support bubble)
d.   Closure of all bars, restaurants, cafes, indoor gyms, and personal services (e.g. hairdressers)
e.   All university and college teaching to be online unless face-to-face teaching is absolutely essential.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/925853/S0768_Fifty-eighth_SAGE_meeting_on_Covid-19.pdf

The Govt implemented only 1 (b) of those 5.

In the week leading up to that report on 21 Sept there were just under 28,000 new positive test results.

In the past week, there have been 104,792. At current rates of growth, over the next week there will be another 140,000. And straight after Johnson had announced the new measures last night (which STILL come nowhere near what SAGE was advising three weeks ago) the CSA stood up in the very same briefing and said he had zero confidence that the new measures will bring this outbreak under control.

You could just, if you are really generous, make an excuse for the Govt dithering and delaying the lockdown first time round. This is absolutely unforgivable this time. By ignoring the advice three weeks ago, they have set us up for a much, MUCH harder job to control this second wave over the rest of the Winter.

The problem I see is that even with another lockdown of some description the usual suspects will still ignore it and we will be no further forward at the end of it. I do not want another lockdown, but if it has to be then so be it, however I can only speak of what people around me at work are saying which is that they would ignore it. When the 10pm curfew came in for pubs the attitude was 'Well i'll just start drinking earlier'. There is no one to enforce it and people know this. I can see both sides of the lockdown vs open for business argument and appreciate that everyone has different priorities, but where do we all go if we can't control the idiots who won't comply for the common good?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on October 14, 2020, 10:35:04 am by Filo »
The stupidity shown by students in Liverpool last night beggars belief!

Close Liverpool University, and cancel all courses there, that will show them not to f**k about and set an example to other university cities

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on October 14, 2020, 11:17:58 am by Axholme Lion »

Close Liverpool University, and cancel all courses there, that will show them not to f**k about and set an example to other university cities

I know you can't say everyone in such a group is this or that, however it does look like the 20-30 age group in the main are the main culprits in dragging this on and they are the ones doing all the moaning.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on October 14, 2020, 11:26:20 am by Filo »

I know you can't say everyone in such a group is this or that, however it does look like the 20-30 age group in the main are the main culprits in dragging this on and they are the ones doing all the moaning.

It was student night in Concert Square Liverpool, 100% they were students, the supposed future brains of the Country

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on October 14, 2020, 11:45:16 am by Axholme Lion »

It was student night in Concert Square Liverpool, 100% they were students, the supposed future brains of the Country

Oh dear. What awaits us in the future? Although having said that last month I set on a 16 year old lad as an apprentice and he seems to have more common sense than many of these students. He has a really good work ethic and is keen to learn. I must have struck lucky.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on October 14, 2020, 12:10:35 pm by EasyforDennis »

It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that as soon as students went to university the infection rate would rise rapidly. A high percentage of Uni students are now doing their courses online. Why couldn't this have been instigated before they all went off to infect the rest of the country??
It couldn't possibly have anything to do with universities not being able to collect tuition fees etc etc could it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on October 14, 2020, 01:16:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What about those of us with more than half a brain?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on October 14, 2020, 01:38:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that as soon as students went to university the infection rate would rise rapidly. A high percentage of Uni students are now doing their courses online. Why couldn't this have been instigated before they all went off to infect the rest of the country??
It couldn't possibly have anything to do with universities not being able to collect tuition fees etc etc could it?

It's a much bigger issue that just Uni tuition fees, although I suspect that is part of it. The whole economies of several major cities are dependent on the student population. Everything from shops to house rental coming into the city.

What SHOULD have happened is that Govt and Universities should have sat down over the summer and taken the decision that there was going to be no return to campus before the New Year. Students should have stayed at home and been taught online. And then Govt should have poured money into the affected cities to compensate for the loss of income.

Instead, we've brought students into University cities and they have turbo-charged the second wave there. Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle - all those places have the highest outbreaks in the student areas. It's a shocking lack of leadership. But what did we really expect?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on October 14, 2020, 01:40:15 pm by EasyforDennis »

Not sure you are qualified to speak for them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on October 14, 2020, 02:07:07 pm by selby »
  Lot's of educated idiots on show in Liverpool last night, perhaps you could give a speech for them Dennis.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on October 14, 2020, 02:13:11 pm by EasyforDennis »
  Lot's of educated idiots on show in Liverpool last night, perhaps you could give a speech for them Dennis.

Exactly my point Selby. Those educated idiots should have been doing their university studies at home online and not in Liverpool!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on October 14, 2020, 02:20:14 pm by Axholme Lion »

Exactly my point Selby. Those educated idiots should have been doing their university studies at home online and not in Liverpool!

Does anyone know the percentage of students who go to University to learn anything, or is it just for booze, sex and drugs?  :)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on October 14, 2020, 02:23:57 pm by EasyforDennis »

Does anyone know the percentage of students who go to University to learn anything, or is it just for booze, sex and drugs?  :)

And while we are at it. What about the government minister who says it is ok for pubs to stay open and be classed as restaurants if they serve salad or chips with a pasty. God help us. No wonder people don't take government advice seriously.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on October 14, 2020, 02:40:32 pm by Axholme Lion »

And while we are at it. What about the government minister who says it is ok for pubs to stay open and be classed as restaurants if they serve salad or chips with a pasty. God help us. No wonder people don't take government advice seriously.

Sounds like healthy diet advice to boost your immune system at this time. I can see it now, a massive pie, half a tomato and a screwed up lettuce leaf, the latter two won't get eaten in any case. Pass the red sauce!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on October 14, 2020, 02:53:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Ask your gp....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on October 14, 2020, 03:10:49 pm by IDM »

100% of my daughter goes there to study..

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on October 14, 2020, 03:19:29 pm by Axholme Lion »

I hope she is successful. It's the same old story isn't it. You only see the idiots on the news. It's like football supporters, only a few give the rest a bad rep.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on October 14, 2020, 04:12:05 pm by IDM »

I hope she is successful. It's the same old story isn't it. You only see the idiots on the news. It's like football supporters, only a few give the rest a bad rep.

On that we can definitely agree..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on October 14, 2020, 04:43:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I guess you don't mix much with new graduates. I do through work and the ones I work with are miles more professional, better educated and more committed to hard work than my generation was.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on October 14, 2020, 05:03:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Not sure you are qualified to speak for them.

Why don't you let them answer for themselves?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on October 14, 2020, 05:04:37 pm by Janso »

Would be a bit worried if less than 100% of her goes.  :laugh:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on October 14, 2020, 05:05:57 pm by idler »
Maybe the smarter ones realise just how hard getting decent jobs is going to be once this situation is over.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on October 14, 2020, 06:37:21 pm by drfchound »

After those young people went on the rampage at 10pm in York I wrote on here how young people were being disrespectful and likely to,pass COVID on to parents and grandparents.
I remember getting told that we should offer more humility to the young and give them a bit of slack.
Apparently we should acknowledge the sacrifices they are have made and are continuing to make.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on October 14, 2020, 07:10:57 pm by EasyforDennis »
Dido has a band of helpers to deliver a world beating T+T system;
https://twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1315685205240315904/photo/1

Are these a relevant group to the task, better than the existing local networks?

That could be a great name for an 60's rock band. Dido and The Ditherers.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on October 14, 2020, 09:41:11 pm by Janso »
I've had a "weekly" reminder that my exposure notifications are active six times today. Anyone else?

Edit: moments after posting, a seventh... and eighth...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:43:36 pm by Janso »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012