Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 08:35:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Test and Trace App  (Read 15469 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: NHS Test and Trace App
« Reply #211 on October 18, 2020, 07:58:08 pm by albie »
Will this not just make fewer people use the app?

Given the problem of usage falling below the viability level, and follow up not giving the isolation response needed, this is about as sensible as shooting yourself in the foot.

Unless you wanted it to fail for some reason!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on October 19, 2020, 02:45:33 am by SydneyRover »
"Yesterday, in my mare, I sought a testing point that wasn't there! it wasn't there again today, Oh how I wish it would come my way ...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on October 19, 2020, 04:10:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm in the Caravan & Motorhome Club and as part of the new restrictions, you have to use the app to gain entrance onto the sites. This might be a sign of things to come in other establishments where it will be a necessity to have the app if you want to gain access to anywhere.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on October 19, 2020, 01:09:17 pm by ravenrover »
You don't have to use it, we came to Chatsworth CMC club site yesterday. Booked in as normal but only 1 in reception at any time and must wear mask. The login symbol is displayed and people are recommended to use it but not compulsory.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on October 19, 2020, 01:15:07 pm by selby »
  RR, did you use it? The Germans are not very happy with their tracing app either.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on October 19, 2020, 01:18:18 pm by Axholme Lion »
I'm in the Caravan & Motorhome Club and as part of the new restrictions, you have to use the app to gain entrance onto the sites. This might be a sign of things to come in other establishments where it will be a necessity to have the app if you want to gain access to anywhere.

That is wrong. Many people do not have a smart phone. It is up to the site to manually record your details. Anyone who tells you different is talking boll....

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on October 19, 2020, 01:25:34 pm by ravenrover »
  RR, did you use it? The Germans are not very happy with their tracing app either.
I scanned it out of interest having not used the app before but what it actually does I have no idea, and AL you been on a CMC site recently?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on October 19, 2020, 01:27:58 pm by idler »
What happens if the phone runs out of charge or the wi-fi packs in, does everybody go home?
At least a paper record should always be there.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on October 19, 2020, 01:51:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »

That is wrong. Many people do not have a smart phone. It is up to the site to manually record your details. Anyone who tells you different is talking boll....

If you do not have the ability to download the App, they will use your booking details when needed, to provide contact information.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/reopening-our-campsites/

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on October 19, 2020, 02:25:25 pm by selby »
  I hope you logged out RR when you got home.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on October 19, 2020, 03:28:55 pm by Axholme Lion »
I scanned it out of interest having not used the app before but what it actually does I have no idea, and AL you been on a CMC site recently?

I don't have to, I know that you DO NOT need to have the app. It is not a legal requirement. It is up to the pub, café, camp site or whatever to manually log your details. You can not make a legal requirement for someone to have a smart phone.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on October 19, 2020, 05:05:39 pm by ravenrover »
Not the answer to the question I asked, have you been on a CMC site recently?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on October 20, 2020, 08:53:55 am by Axholme Lion »
Not the answer to the question I asked, have you been on a CMC site recently?

Sorry. No I have not.
In fact I have not had one days holiday from work this year as there is no one else to run my department in my absence.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on October 20, 2020, 11:40:55 am by ravenrover »
Thank you then just to let you know that all stays are recorded on CMC computer. The app appears to be an optional extra

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on October 20, 2020, 12:03:19 pm by EasyforDennis »
Have any of you been to the test centre at DSA recently? Without a mobile phone you are totally knackered. How would the staff communicate with you without mobile phones? If you have been been you will know exactly what I mean.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on October 20, 2020, 12:35:06 pm by turnbull for england »
Had one at Drax yesterday, so fully understand. It would have to be an at home kit I reckon if you don't have phone

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on October 20, 2020, 12:52:59 pm by EasyforDennis »
Had one at Drax yesterday, so fully understand. It would have to be an at home kit I reckon if you don't have phone

Maybe it was because they are all out in the open but did find it a bit odd that none of the staff wore face coverings.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on October 20, 2020, 04:19:36 pm by turnbull for england »
Noone without a covering there yesterday

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on October 20, 2020, 04:22:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Did my doorstep test today in the random testing process.  One paperwork form and the tester/surveyor used a tablet. All very organised.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on October 20, 2020, 05:06:50 pm by roversontheup »
Did my ONS test on Friday. If my test shows positive I will hear within a week by email and text. If it’s negative I will be notified by letter.  Can’t understand that!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on October 20, 2020, 05:30:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Did my ONS test on Friday. If my test shows positive I will hear within a week by email and text. If it’s negative I will be notified by letter.  Can’t understand that!

Ours told us if we hear nothing it's negative, only contacted if positive.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on October 20, 2020, 05:31:56 pm by 5minstogo »
We sent for three home tests last night at 5pm after we'd been in contact with a positive case and the young un started showing symptoms.

Tests arrived at 10am this morning, had an issue registering one test but a very painless telephone call to 119 resolved that issue, even offered help to get supplies to us while we are isolating.

Tests sent back this afternoon  and hopefully results within 48 hours.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on October 20, 2020, 07:59:13 pm by drfchound »

It should be written in English so you should be ok.

albie

• Forum Member

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on October 22, 2020, 05:47:34 pm by Donnywolf »
Have known a few cases round Thorne and avoiding politicising their experiences have been "poor"

One has a young baby - I will call it Simone - The tracer on the phone confirmed the mother was positive and the Son and then asked to speak to Simone. Mother said Simone is only 6 months old and hasnt had a test. But I need to speak to Simone to ask about symptoms. Mother says she cant talk but is fine anyway and you dont test Babies. Tracer says I need to ask her personally. Mother says sorry I am hanging up now and Tracer says OK bye Simone (Mother is not called Simone !)

Loads of others are gettin bombarded with calls after being tested and I mean 12 to 15 times a day. The calls last ages and they keep telling the caller they have been contacted before and given their results - but the Tracer says you are still listed as not contacted thats why I rang. Well I am hanging up says the person getting all the Calls. Tracer says NO NO dont hang up because we will still have you as not contacted and have to ring again and start right from the beginning

12 Billion quid and this small sample might noy be representative of all over Country but wouldnt be surprised

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on October 22, 2020, 06:02:43 pm by Dagenham Rover »
A friend of mine was contacted by them and had to isolate   She said they are a pain in the arse  phoning up all the time   numerous times a day

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on October 22, 2020, 09:47:04 pm by SydneyRover »
sounds like the callers have target quantities of calls rather than quality outcomes

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on October 22, 2020, 10:42:11 pm by SydneyRover »
''UK government seeks test and trace executive for up to £2,000 a day
Health department has since taken advertisement down, saying it needs to be redrafted''

No experience required apparently

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/22/uk-government-seeks-test-and-trace-executive-for-up-to-2000-a-day

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on October 22, 2020, 11:27:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Pretty grim stuff on R4 tonight. A Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences saying that the TTTI system has failed. The (Tory) chair of the Parliamentary Committee on Science and Technology admitting the same and saying that they failed to get the system working properly in July and August when there were small numbers of infections, and now it's not fit for purpose. He repeatedly said that improvements are currently being patched in but he just couldn't understand why this wasn't done in the summer.

This final paragraph shouldn't need saying of course but y'know how things are with assumptions of bad faith left right and centre. This is no cause for celebration by anyone of any political persuasion. TTTI is a vital part of our ability to keep this bas**rd in check. We are going into a dark winter without that protection. Good luck everyone. It's going to be heavy going.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012