Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:25:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan Signings...  (Read 2526 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Loan Signings...
« on April 10, 2022, 12:51:13 am by Canadian Rover »
Let's say all the clubs that loaned us players this season said we could have them on loan for a full season again for L2 who would you take? For me it's only 2.

Smith & Martin

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Loan Signings...
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2022, 12:52:57 am by Filo »
Smith without a doubt

Galbraith I like but he needs some one to do the ugly stuff

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2022, 05:12:22 am by GazLaz »
Smith without a doubt

Galbraith I like but he needs some one to do the ugly stuff

Galbraith is better than Smith. He is better defensively as well. He wins more interceptions, he’s better in the air, he does more defensive actions per game, wins the ball back more. Smiths work without the ball is over rated. He’s got good energy but he’s the kind of player that when it boils down to it he doesn’t offer a great deal. Doesn’t score, doesn’t create and his defensive numbers are below average. It’s a crime starting him over EG.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2022, 07:10:17 am by dickos1 »
I think with Galbraith, him and bostock are too similar, both enjoy coming deep and getting the ball and neither are suited to getting about the pitch and closing people down.
If you’re going to play them both I think you’d have to play Galbraith further forward instead of Martin.
But to play them both centre mid I think they’re too similar

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2022, 08:23:34 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Smith 100% and tbh I think we could have a chance of getting him permanently even if we go down, he’s not getting the numbers that makes other teams look at him but he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet every week imo, his pressing and work rate is brilliant and he’s better than ppl think on the ball aswell imo. He compliments the other midfielders very well. If he could add more goals and assists to his game h has all the other attributes to become a good championship midfielder imo.

Martin and Galbraith I’d also take but think they will both be in the championship next season, Galbraith may stay in league 1 and join a team fighting for promotion. Both players will be regulars in the championship in their career, martin was a threat every time he got the ball yesterday but wish he would shoot earlier, also very predictable. Every time he gets the ball u know he’s gonna come onto his right foot so still some developing to do. With Galbraith, he’s a brilliant player and will defo play in the championship at least but there’s not been many games where’s he ran the whole game like Herbie Kane used to and like Bostock has done in the majority of games hes played this season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2022, 09:02:01 am by Chris Black come back »
Kane was a top, top player for us. Ran games against really good sides that season. From memory Charlton in FA Cup and Barnsley in league away. Not sure where his career is going now but in 2018/19 he made the difference for us.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2022, 09:19:58 am by Copps is Magic »
Loan signings this year far lower quality than in previous years (starting from Cukur and Dahlberg), something for the club to review. Wilkes, Taylor et al.'s goals arguably lulled us into a false sense of security that we can just keep on attracting players like this year on year.

I wish them luck in their careers, but wouldn't keep any of them.*

*Edit: just remembered Martin after I posted, definitely a talent if he ever learns to release the ball. Best of a bad bunch
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 09:22:15 am by Copps is Magic »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2022, 09:33:28 am by colincramb »
None of them. Not one is physically strong enough for the aerial battles we will face every week next season.

Also, anybody expecting us to attract the calibre of loan signings akin to Wilkes or Kane in league 2 needs a reality check.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2022, 09:37:48 am by DonnyOsmond »
None of them. Not one is physically strong enough for the aerial battles we will face every week next season.

Also, anybody expecting us to attract the calibre of loan signings akin to Wilkes or Kane in league 2 needs a reality check.

Wilks had a very average record in League Two before joining us on loan.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2022, 09:41:11 am by GazLaz »
I think with Galbraith, him and bostock are too similar, both enjoy coming deep and getting the ball and neither are suited to getting about the pitch and closing people down.
If you’re going to play them both I think you’d have to play Galbraith further forward instead of Martin.

That’s not his natural position dropping deep. I’m sure for United he played more advanced. He would be ideal for the attacking midfield/ no10 role Smith played yesterday.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2022, 10:19:35 am by rich1471 »

That’s not his natural position dropping deep. I’m sure for United he played more advanced. He would be ideal for the attacking midfield/ no10 role Smith played yesterday.
said it all alone , he played at number 10 ,same role as Phil fodden plays at city.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2022, 11:28:30 am by Draytonian III »
If Smith’s contract at Arsenal is up at the end of the season I can see him stopping in London and playing at Leyton Orient as the manager has twice signed him on loan

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2022, 12:50:24 pm by Branton Rover »
Matt Smith won’t be in league 2 footballer next season - he must have a decent agent who will work him a better deal than Leyton Orient.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2022, 01:20:48 pm by roversdude »
In an ideal world Smith and Martin
Smith has improved immensely since our change of manager.
Martin needs to start games

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2022, 02:08:27 pm by Spud »
Martin, but absolutely no chance imo.
I'd take Smith too & maybe that's more realistic, Galbraith I'm really not sure how or if he'll progress, technically very good but doesn't really influence games enough.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2022, 02:47:13 pm by Bezza »
Galbraith started the season well but hasn't shown enough improvement, Smith had a poor start but has got better,

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2022, 03:32:53 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Neither are as good as Kane was and Kane is playing his football in league 1 currently. I'd be shocked to see either playing higher than league 1 next season

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2022, 03:38:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Galbraith physically isn't strong enough. He's got a clever brain but he isn't strong in the tackle and that will hinder him massively.  We are a better team when he's not in it.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2022, 03:41:15 pm by Bessie Red »
Galbraith's best games have been when he played alongside Bostock.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2022, 07:12:15 pm by selby »
  None of them are better at the moment than division 1 standard, but not to say some could go on, but none would I think be sought after by the present top half sides in Division 1.
  The forwards we have had would struggle to get division 1 
Martin is at somewhat of a cross roads, I doubt he has the pace to play much higher, compare him to Sadlier, and Taylor, Coppinger, Wilks, he has to improve to get to their level.
  Kane was miles better than the midfielders, and Stevens, Toffolo,etc better than the defenders.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2022, 07:15:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Didn’t rate Toffolo when he was with us but he has become very decent player at Lincoln and now Huddersfield

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2022, 08:22:38 pm by LincolnDonny »
NONE from this season

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 11, 2022, 10:16:03 am by Bessie Red »
  None of them are better at the moment than division 1 standard, but not to say some could go on, but none would I think be sought after by the present top half sides in Division 1.
  The forwards we have had would struggle to get division 1 
Martin is at somewhat of a cross roads, I doubt he has the pace to play much higher, compare him to Sadlier, and Taylor, Coppinger, Wilks, he has to improve to get to their level.
  Kane was miles better than the midfielders, and Stevens, Toffolo,etc better than the defenders.
The forwards we have had on loan this season may just make the bench for Bessacarr FC 1st team (Central Mids Division 1 North).

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 11, 2022, 12:56:02 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
They might get a run out for the reserves. Depends if Big Pete finishes his shift at Polypipe in time, then they might get a game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012