Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:56:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Team For Tuesday  (Read 2743 times)

brim1980

• Forum Member
Team For Tuesday
« on September 25, 2011, 08:37:21 am by brim1980 »
What would be your team for tuesday?
Would it be the same line up as yesterday or would you rest a couple of players and change it about abit

for me i would like to see

-Sully-
    -JOC-Naylor-Martis-Friend-
            -Stock-
        -Gillet-Oster-
    -Mason-Parkin-Lalkovic-

Bench- Woods-Sam-Bennett-Copps-Billy

Give hayter a rest as he looked a bit tired, also good to see that we have a bit of strength in depth on the attacking front with Barnes not even in the squad yesterday.
Billy on bench as i wouldnt like to risk him getting another injury so soon just build him up steady, we have one beast on the pitch already let the caged one come on with 30 mins to go again.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Team For Tuesday
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2011, 08:47:02 am by Berkshire Rover »
Only change I would make to the one suugested by BRIM 1980 is to have Bennett on from the start, with Mason on the bench. Agreed that Hayts would benefit from a rest and Copps to realise he has serious competitoon from Lalkovic (whilst he's here).

Really wish I could be there on Tuesday, but not possible.

For those that can be there, and you didn't go for whatever reason yesterday I hope you do so on Tuesday.
:rtid:

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 25, 2011, 08:58:31 am by danrover82 »
I'm not so sure its a tired thing with the players. More of a WTF has happened factor.

Its safe to say that a few players have had a comfort zone for far too long under SOD players such as Stock, Joc, Hayter, Copps and so on.

Now the new Gaffer hasn't got any soft spots for these players and every place is earnt on merit... Very interesting times ahead.

I'm surprised Stock played as well as he did in the end given that he was in the team and not captain. That must have played a part on his mind for sure.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 25, 2011, 09:11:53 am by Wellred »
I think it is great that DS has stamped his mark so quickly and all the players now know he will demand only their best efforts.
When you look at the players available Tuesday is going to be a very difficult choice to make as to who starts.
Can't wait.........bring it on.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 25, 2011, 09:16:21 am by Woodhead Passer »
Sullivan

JOC Hird Martis Friend

Stock

Gillett Oster

Bennett Parkin Lalkovic

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 25, 2011, 09:43:39 am by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=185710
I'm surprised Stock played as well as he did in the end given that he was in the team and not captain. That must have played a part on his mind for sure.

I think that's harsh on Stock, he's a professional footballer and I wouldn't expect to see his performance affected by the armband, which it wasn't. He still did a lot of talking and showed leadership, which I would expect whether he has a piece of tape round his arm or not.

For what it's worth I'd go with the same team as the opening poster for Tuesday. Coppinger didn't look himself yesterday, rarely seen his touch so poor. Would like to see a place for Mason.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 25, 2011, 09:47:24 am by rover-n-out »
For me, I would start as we did on Satdi' and let the Beast at their defence to soften them up a bit. We've needed someone like him for ages who can mix it with oppo defenders and give them some pain.
I chuckled like f*ck yesterday when he clattered into Speroni and flattened him, then stood there with open arms at the ref. as if to say, \"What?\". Priceless!!

Second half bring some pace on, Lalkovic, Bennett, or/and Billy to have a run at them and give them a different problem to deal with.
I think Hayter is ready for a break, so maybe start Lalkovic up front with JP to pick up the nod on's and second balls, and add Bennett (for Copps), and Billy second half to go at them and try to win the game for once.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 25, 2011, 12:06:25 pm by sha66y »
would love to see both copps and lalkovic terrorising both flanks, and switching it about, thought lalkovic`s crosses would have both found the \"Beast\" had he still been on instead of Hayter, absolute pin pointers for a 6\"4 striker

personally i dont like Gillet on with Stock and Oster, he seems to get in the way? i noticed 3 times Stocky trying to ping a 30 yarder only to find Gillet in his path,

starting to like Naylor now as well, plays inteligently,

sulli
jok-naylor-martis-friend
stock
lalkovic-mason-copps
beast-sharp

looks good to me???

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2011, 12:16:00 pm by mushRTID »
Sulli

JOC  Naylor  Martis  Friend

Oster Stock Gillett

Lalkovic         Bennett

Beast

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 25, 2011, 12:26:39 pm by idler »
The best thing has to be that if we don't know our best team how can Hull City's spies at
yesterdays game know what is going to happen. I'm sure that with SOD as manager they would
have already had a strategy/formation worked out to stifle us and get the crowd on the team's
back. Hopefully another three points and then our season really has started.

danny1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 25, 2011, 01:03:20 pm by danny1 »
sullivan

joc martis naylor friend

stock

bennett         oster

mason

lackovic      parkin

no gillett because he's no good on the ball for an attacking midfield, bennett over coppinger and lackovic over hayter cos they both looked knackerd.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 25, 2011, 01:41:43 pm by graingrover »
whoever they are I bet they remember his number one lesson ....  he who doesn't shoot will get shot!

JamesRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 25, 2011, 01:49:10 pm by JamesRTID »
Sullivan

O'Connor Naylor Martis Friend

Oster Stock Mason

Lalkovic Parkin Bennet

Bench: Woods, Hird, Gillett, Barnes, Sharp

Give Coppinger and Hayter a rest like others have said then get them back in the mix for the next game. Dont want to give Billy a full 90mins either yet.

VikingJames

« Reply #13 on September 25, 2011, 01:51:05 pm by VikingJames »
Lalkovic has to start if you ask me. He changed the game yesterday.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 25, 2011, 03:41:04 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=185811

Perhaps that would be an argument for him not starting though. For a while, I've said we needed a real game changing substitute, and that's exactly what he can offer. I agree I'd like to see him get a starting berth, but perhaps that's the reason he's been on the bench.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 25, 2011, 06:04:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
personally i dont like Gillet on with Stock and Oster, he seems to get in the way? i noticed 3 times Stocky trying to ping a 30 yarder only to find Gillet in his path,

Agree with that. With Stocky and Oster back in tandem then we've scope for Bennett, Lalkovic, Copps, Mason etc to add value in midfield.

VikingJames

« Reply #16 on September 25, 2011, 06:22:40 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=185859

Perhaps that would be an argument for him not starting though. For a while, I've said we needed a real game changing substitute, and that's exactly what he can offer. I agree I'd like to see him get a starting berth, but perhaps that's the reason he's been on the bench.

Fair point. Starting ML might give Copps a kick up the arse, though?

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 25, 2011, 06:52:58 pm by Standanista »
Sullivan

O'Connor Naylor Martis Friend

Stock

Oster Mason

Lalkovic Bennett

Parkin

Subs: Sharp and anybody else you like

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 25, 2011, 07:06:40 pm by keyser_soze »
Too lightweight for me that (Parkin notwithstanding). There's no-one forward of the back 4 who will put a tackle in. Think you can only choose 2 of Bennett, Lalkovic & Mason.

silvesterp

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 25, 2011, 07:25:32 pm by silvesterp »
sullivan

o connor
naylor
martis
friend

stock
oster

lalkovic
bennett
coppinger (needs a performance though!)

sharp

subs- woods, dumbuya, parkin, mason, barnes

Connor_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 25, 2011, 07:30:43 pm by Connor_DRFC »
Sullivan

JOC Naylor Martis Friend

Stock

Copps Oster Bennett

Beast Lalkovic

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 25, 2011, 07:56:45 pm by prince »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=185707
Only change I would make to the one suugested by BRIM 1980 is to have Bennett on from the start, with Mason on the bench. Agreed that Hayts would benefit from a rest and Copps to realise he has serious competitoon from Lalkovic (whilst he's here).

Really wish I could be there on Tuesday, but not possible.

For those that can be there, and you didn't go for whatever reason yesterday I hope you do so on Tuesday.

I'd be there if I could afford it. Well gutted!

I'd go with the same team but replace Hayter with Lalkovic probably. You don't want to change a winning team too much.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 25, 2011, 08:04:54 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=185899
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=185859

Fair point. Starting ML might give Copps a kick up the arse, though?

Agree on that, just trying to put myself in the manager's position.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012