Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:02:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rather watch the national Saturday!  (Read 2738 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Rather watch the national Saturday!
« on April 12, 2012, 11:08:42 pm by Donnyjim »
We're already down and will lose again to Pompey, so I'd rather watch my free bets on Saturday.

Bet 365, great offer, what ever you deposit they'll give you that amount in free bets. I'm putting the entire family bets on, £30. That gives me £30 of free bets for the national.

Better viewing for Saturday, me thinks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re: Rather watch the national Saturday!
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2012, 11:18:33 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
I can't be bothered with it this saturday either to be honest.

Ive already paid for my seat via a season ticket....but its more of a chore than a pleasure, so I'll finally relent and take the Kids down to Clumber Park on saturday instead - they've been bugging me about going for an age.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2012, 11:20:22 pm by Donnybax »
cant you do both? last year they had it on the tvs

wilko_rover

« Reply #3 on April 12, 2012, 11:23:08 pm by wilko_rover »
i'll be at aintree from tomorrow until sunday because of family reasons. i cant say i will miss rovers too much , though i'll definitely be at the boro and ipswich games with the nipper because it may be our last in the championship for a lot of years.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2012, 11:24:07 pm by donnyroversfc »
We're already down and will lose again to Pompey, so I'd rather watch my free bets on Saturday.

Bet 365, great offer, what ever you deposit they'll give you that amount in free bets. I'm putting the entire family bets on, £30. That gives me £30 of free bets for the national.

No we wont.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2012, 11:46:56 pm by ditch_drfc »
Does nobody else kind of feel like they should go out of sense of duty or something? Like why you go to a funeral?

Tbh, there's nowhere else I'd rather be when Rovers are playing. Money permitting of course. I come on this forum all week, try n get every bit of Rovers gossip I can off twitter.. it'd all be pointless if I decided to not go to the match right?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 12, 2012, 11:53:46 pm by mjdgreg »
Ballabrigs each way is a knocking bet. Put it on at BetVictor as he is paying out on the first 6 places. It will be like printing money. I can see Becauseicouldntsee running into a place as well.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2012, 01:59:15 am by RoversAlias »
Watching horses jump over hedges? No thanks. The only place I want to be this Saturday afternoon - and that's a desire, it doesn't feel like a duty or a chore - is the Keepmoat Stadium. We don't play well, we usually lose and the atmosphere is dire, but I'd still rather be there watching us than anywhere else. Maybe I'm ill or something, but I'm glad I still feel that way and hope I do for a long, long time to come yet.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2012, 10:40:03 am by Dimples-D »
Watching horses jump over hedges? No thanks. The only place I want to be this Saturday afternoon - and that's a desire, it doesn't feel like a duty or a chore - is the Keepmoat Stadium. We don't play well, we usually lose and the atmosphere is dire, but I'd still rather be there watching us than anywhere else. Maybe I'm ill or something, but I'm glad I still feel that way and hope I do for a long, long time to come yet.

Ha ha.. you stole my thunder... Rather watch Grand national than Rovers? I'd rather watch Rotherham than the Grand national.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2012, 11:01:10 am by dijit8 »
I enjoy watching the Grand National but enjoy Rovers more so Keepmoat for me

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2012, 11:18:56 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I bet you could be bothered to turn up to cup finals?

Your attitude stinks!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2012, 02:43:00 pm by Rovers Return »
Hmmmm.....I have always worked away from home ever since I was 18/19 (many years ago now). Maybe I have viewed my early days through rose tinted glasses but my early memories where of a small town club with a huge, passionate away following. I remember travelling to Darlington as a young scrote and was convinced that Darlington played in red and white because what seemed like everybody had a red and white scarf on in the town centre. The home crowds used to rise dramatically to 20,000 and plummet to 1,500. I used to put this down to the fact as a town we were a sleeping giant which harboured a real passion for football ( have a look at all the Saturday and Sunday football leagues we have). All it would have taken is a run of success and we would have been there, top club, top crowds. I travelled the world telling who would listen that if we ever started to rise up the leagues just watch our crowds grow. Over the past 5 years my view of the people within my home town has changed. I thought we were a proud people of where we came from and what we could achieve. We built trains, worked damm hard down the mines and the factories and all we needed to plant us firmly on the map was a successful football club. Now it is all to easy to place your allegance to the town or city up the road or to the telly in the pub or home and declare yourself a Manure, or dirty Leeds fan, even though you never really go to a game.
Over the last few seasons I have seen our away end filled with fans of teams that were on the slide and admired them for their pride and passion. O.K I might have been clutching at straws here but I rather hoped that our fans would turn out over the last few games, in the second tier of english football that took us 50 years to get here and show some of that long forgotten passion that my generation had. At least make a fist of it ,we might never be back, and have a big turnout at Coventry.

But Grand National, please do me a favour.........jeez!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2012, 06:02:12 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

No we wont.

If one thing has been proven today it is that you clearly know sweet f**k all.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2012, 06:20:22 pm by donnyroversfc »

No we wont.

If one thing has been proven today it is that you clearly know sweet f*** all.

Ok, so we didn't win... I was confident we would do though, sounds as though the ref had a mare so maybe with a proper referee performance we could have got the 3 points.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2012, 06:43:33 pm by Rovers Return »

No we wont.

If one thing has been proven today it is that you clearly know sweet f*** all.

Ok, so we didn't win... I was confident we would do though, sounds as though the ref had a mare so maybe with a proper referee performance we could have got the 3 points.

The game was all ours and we could easily have been three - nil up after seven mins if not for the crossbar. At half time the referee decided that this was no good and decided to do something about it. That, if not the worst, certainly up there with one of the worst official performances I have ever witnessed. Penalty number one, trip O.K but outside the box by 4 foot. Penalty number two, ball blasted at Lockwood from close range, arms by his side? Goal three Kitson fouls woods and even looks as if he handles it into the net.

Referee and his assistants then go on to allow Portsmouth (Kitson) to foul, leading by the elbows, putting Coppinger in a headlock under the nose of his assistant and wrestles him to the ground. Referee spots it but does nothing.

Too many other dubious decisions to list apart the incident where we were flagged off side in our own half and the free kick was taken on the halfway line, I kid you not.

I glanced at the referee when we went 3-2 up and if I didn't know better would swear he looked pissed off and when Portsmouth equalised was holding himself back from celebrating with them.

I must admit my previous post talked passion in fans, Portsmouth fans were brilliant and didn't stop after a long journey and conceding after 4 mins. However our fans, I haven,t seen that in many a year when stewards were having to grapple with grown men who were trying to get on the pitch to remonstrate with the referee. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:51:49 pm by Rovers Return »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2012, 08:17:46 pm by mjdgreg »
Ballabrigs each way is a knocking bet. Put it on at BetVictor as he is paying out on the first 6 places. It will be like printing money.

Hope you all got on and took Victor to the cleaners. That's me puting my feet up for the next few weeks courtesy of Victor.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2012, 08:30:24 pm by donnyroversfc »
It finished 6th, must have won a shit load!!!!!!!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2012, 08:37:21 pm by mjdgreg »

I never thought it would win (too much weight) but it was a cert to finish in the first 6 which is what I got paid out on. Hope you won some pocket money. Leave the big bets to us pros.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2012, 08:54:53 pm by donnyroversfc »

I never thought it would win (too much weight) but it was a cert to finish in the first 6 which is what I got paid out on. Hope you won some pocket money. Leave the big bets to us pros.

Oh i will do. Mugs game is gambling. There is no such thing as a pro gambler, well not on horses anyway.

My horse fell on 2nd fence.

Your horse failed to win, so did mine. Not bad considering you're a pro gambler and i'm not.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2012, 08:55:59 pm by Red wizard »
I got 1st and 3rd
My mother got 1st and 2nd. Good days betting today.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2012, 08:58:08 pm by donnyroversfc »
I got 1st and 3rd
My mother got 1st and 2nd. Good days betting today.

Not bad! You and your mum aren't pro gamblers by any chance are you?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2012, 10:16:18 pm by Red wizard »
no lol. I bet Madmick made some coin today.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2012, 10:22:02 pm by donnyroversfc »
Knowing Mick he probably had a bet on Ballabrigs E/W or something lol!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012