Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:49:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Husband  (Read 2730 times)

Bessierover

• Forum Member
James Husband
« on July 06, 2013, 09:25:34 pm by Bessierover »
The more I see this lad...the more he impresses me. Thought he was a stand out today along with Brownie. Nearly put that Retford lad over the dugout with that tackle....he doesn't take any shit that's for sure :woot:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: James Husband
« Reply #1 on July 06, 2013, 09:32:13 pm by RobTheRover »
Husband and De Val were the best players on the park at Frickley.  I think with his pace Husband could be our Bale.

Bessierover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 06, 2013, 09:37:01 pm by Bessierover »
De val was poor today but hopefully just needs a few games to settle in

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2013, 09:39:09 pm by Mr1Croft »
For me De Val looked okay in a half when we struggled as a team, he showed he had something in his locker but like the most of the team in the first half, struggled to get going and settle into the game.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2013, 09:51:23 pm by Wellred »
I know it is the same for both sides, but I thought the pitch today was pretty poor.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2013, 11:27:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Husband looks as though he's much stronger without putting much bulk on. I really hope he makes the left back spot his own.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 07, 2013, 07:45:26 am by Bristol Red Rover »
I haven't seen him in the pre-season but I'm not sure he's ready for fully taking on that position just yet. He may have good spells there when needed but I think he's a great tough tackling and quick option for left midfield, especially with his link up play with Spurr - that was class.

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 07, 2013, 08:59:08 am by bluewiggy123 »
thought husband looked great at retford. liked the way he puffed up his chest when he took the retford player out. think hes got a good future ahead. :rtid: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #8 on July 07, 2013, 09:22:16 am by DRFC MYERS »
Glad he is getting a look in! Could be worthy asset next season!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 07, 2013, 11:40:08 am by steve@dcfd »
The Irish lad from last years youth team, who played at left back/ left midfield in second half has a better left foot than James and looks to be a good prospect.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 07, 2013, 03:09:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah, really hope Finnegan would score after he cut in and beat those two players.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 07, 2013, 03:14:17 pm by Al4475 »
I thought De Val did pretty well - he didn't seem to give the ball away much! Unless I was looking at the wrong player!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 07, 2013, 04:49:56 pm by RobTheRover »
Didn't get there yesterday,  but as what struck me about De Val on Tuesday at Frickley.  Always available for the ball,  never took more than 3 touches and moved it on,  before making himself available for it again.

It's the kind of play that generally goes unnoticed,  but has a big effect on the way a team plays.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 07, 2013, 04:52:13 pm by Dare to dream! »
Didn't get there yesterday,  but as what struck me about De Val on Tuesday at Frickley.  Always available for the ball,  never took more than 3 touches and moved it on,  before making himself available for it again.

It's the kind of play that generally goes unnoticed,  but has a big effect on the way a team plays.

Better than stock?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 07, 2013, 10:51:10 pm by RobTheRover »
I never said that DtD, thats a BIG statement.  He reminded me more of Wellens in a way.  Different physique, but quick feet and a footballing brain.  Every first touch was perfect ready for him to do something with the ball with the second touch.  Very tidy, and was always in and around the build up play and wanting the ball (although one or two seemed reluctant to pass backwards to him to retain the ball for some unknown reason)

Against Frickley you never really saw his tackling ability though, as they insisted on humping it over our midfield up to the big striker, which invariably meant we built from the back again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012