Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:13:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My school Y6 team to represent DRFC - help required!  (Read 2720 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
My school Y6 team to represent DRFC - help required!
« on January 30, 2015, 04:37:51 pm by Al4475 »
Due to winning the doncaster stage of the kids cup at the KM this week, my Y6s move onto the Area stage of this tourny that could (with a flowing wind and some kind fixtures) end up in an appearance at wembley! On march 12th we need to travel to Crewe for the day for the next stage! I'm looking for a competitively priced mini-bus firm and driver who maybe interested in transporting and supporting us as we go under the 'representatives of DRFC' banner! Anyone know of any possibles?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: My school Y6 team to represent DRFC - help required!
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2015, 07:43:07 pm by graingrover »
Hello mate . Rovers is a Community club . I would ask them if they could help facilitate your transport needs . This is exactly what helpful community clubs do. If you get help from the VSC forum all well and good but I would have thought that with all the infrastructure that has been built around the club to develop youngsters football , and with the commercial contacts that Rovers Marketing has built .. you can't go wrong.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2015, 07:47:49 pm by Al4475 »
Yeah cheers graing - already asked em so am waiting on a reply - the business manager at school is looking around too - so I'm just trying to get an idea! We are getting a kit from em which is good so we'll see on the bus contacts!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2015, 08:03:22 pm by graingrover »
Blokes like you are the salt of the earth and what grass roots football is all about .. well done and I hope you get to Wembley.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2015, 08:57:01 am by Al4475 »
Dunno about that Graing but cheers.

Been emailed back from the club - there is no minibus that we can use! Ah well!

Wembley? Let's see how we do in Crewe first if we perform well at this level and get through easily then maybe  there's a chance! 3 schools from Donny have won the whole thing in the past, and I see no reason why we can't join them.

Technically we have a very good team and a school teacher/coach (I me) who has taken every school he's ever worked in to at least county finals every year in some age range (boys and girls) so we do have a chance if we perform well. I need to look at the quality of the next level of players obviously but yeah we could give it a really good go!

My goalkeeper is excellent, technically the lads are all good players, they move the ball fast and in two or three touches, they shoot on sight and are beginning to be good 'thinking' footballers. I have two issues with em really - too many left peggers (three from the squad - and all attack minded!) and no one who is a particularly big and strong player in the 'best' six so we are slightly out of balance.

However, between now and March 12th I will be coaching the lads in how to play with one defender left behind em and will be coaching my one right footed attacker and one of my lefties how to drop back and defend before changing their game in attack!

We may do ok - but still need a lift! LOL

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2015, 09:01:24 am by lee.j09 »
Enjoyment that's what Its all about at a young age some take it to seriously

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2015, 09:21:49 am by roversdude »
Good luck Al
I have seen plenty of community projects with minibuses- surprised Rovers don't have one tbh

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2015, 09:34:58 am by Al4475 »
Agreed Lee - it's all about enjoyment - but it's enjoyable being successful too!

There is never any great pressure on any of my teams - we go out, we play our best, we enjoy it regardless of result, we play it in a very sporting manner and to top it all we're lucky enough to win far more than we lose!

Filo

• VSC Member

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2015, 09:51:27 am by Al4475 »
Cheers Dave!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2015, 09:55:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
I remember the film they did based on your training technique Al.....

http://youtu.be/v3cayRMnVb8

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2015, 11:00:41 am by Al4475 »
Can't open it at month bb as in car! Knowing you it's got be one of the 'have it' john smith's ad, the snippet from kes 'I'm bobby charlton you go in goal!' Or summat to do with mike bassett! Lol!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2015, 11:31:46 am by Dagenham Rover »
Can't open it at month bb as in car! Knowing you it's got be one of the 'have it' john smith's ad, the snippet from kes 'I'm bobby charlton you go in goal!' Or summat to do with mike bassett! Lol!

you know him too well  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012