Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:00:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

What are your thoughts?

Like them both
Like home, not away
Dislike home, like away
Dislike them both
Don't care

Author Topic: New Kits Vote  (Read 2716 times)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
New Kits Vote
« on May 09, 2017, 01:32:10 pm by Belle_Vue »
Interesting to get some view points

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: New Kits Vote
« Reply #1 on May 09, 2017, 01:37:01 pm by IDM »
Not too fussed, we still have the hoop identity..  It's more about how we perform than what the kit looks like to me..

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 09, 2017, 06:27:50 pm by Susan Abbott »
Interesting to get some view points
Don't like the home shirt it looks odd with red around the arm pits makes it look like a bib !

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 09, 2017, 06:43:27 pm by donnievic »
Like the away,home has too much white pherhaps should of been other way round

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 09, 2017, 07:23:40 pm by silent majority »
As I mentioned yesterday both shirts look very good when viewed in the flesh, so to speak. The pictures don't do them justice. The images shown on the outside of Doncaster Railway station are pasted onto a brick wall therefore distorting the images a little.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 09, 2017, 09:58:36 pm by CrippyCooke »
As I mentioned yesterday both shirts look very good when viewed in the flesh, so to speak. The pictures don't do them justice. The images shown on the outside of Doncaster Railway station are pasted onto a brick wall therefore distorting the images a little.

This represents a fundamental failure of the marketing of the shirts to date then.

barnbydunbill

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 09, 2017, 10:10:12 pm by barnbydunbill »
Why not show a picture of them. That might help views and comments.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 09, 2017, 10:11:06 pm by silent majority »

This represents a fundamental failure of the marketing of the shirts to date then.

A fundamental failure? The trouble, cost, and downright perseverance the club went to offer something different and announce the new sponsor at the same time and you see that as a failure because the bricks distort the image a little! In my opinion by the way! Dear god.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 09, 2017, 11:00:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
Didn't get either this season but think I'll be getting both next season :scarf:

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 09, 2017, 11:18:57 pm by CrippyCooke »

A fundamental failure? The trouble, cost, and downright perseverance the club went to offer something different and announce the new sponsor at the same time and you see that as a failure because the bricks distort the image a little! In my opinion by the way! Dear god.

If the first and, as far as I'm aware, only physical advertisement for a product has been described as "not doing the product justice", then what good is the advertisement?

If a brick wall isn't suitable for an advertisement then pick somewhere else.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2017, 12:00:47 am by Herman Hessian »
[If the first and, as far as I'm aware, only physical advertisement for a product has been described as "not doing the product justice", then what good is the advertisement?

but were those pictures not just slapped up on here by someone who'd snapped them on their phone, rather than being any sort of orchestrated "official product release" ?

I presume that the club's first proper moves were the twitter update and the youtube video ?

the adverse comments on here were solely about the design of the kit rather than the failings of the medium via which the images had been presented - "fundamental failure of marketing" seems a bit harsh - what if the brief was "get the pics out there, let the fans do the leg work of disseminating them, create a bit of a stir" - if that's the case, then it's worked absolutely perfectly...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2017, 12:21:03 am by silent majority »

If the first and, as far as I'm aware, only physical advertisement for a product has been described as "not doing the product justice", then what good is the advertisement?

Two things, firstly I said that the shirts look better in 'real life' rather than the pictures. It's my opinion, obviously, and isn't the fault of the medium chosen. It also doesn't mean that the advertisement is not worth doing, just that supporters who aren't necessarily taken with the shirts at the minute may be pleasantly surprised when they are in the shop. The large screen advert, which is also running at the station is also doing an excellent job, yet nobody seems to have mentioned that.

Secondly my explanation that the brick wall distorts the image 'slightly', again my opinion, does  not mean that it's not a suitable medium rather that it does have some limitations. It's actually, from a marketing point of view, an excellent choice of site, and as I pointed out brings the new sponsor and new shirt together excellently.

Misinterpreting what I've written so that you can prove some kind of point, whatever that is, is disappointing.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2017, 12:38:15 am by CrippyCooke »

Two things, firstly I said that the shirts look better in 'real life' rather than the pictures. It's my opinion, obviously, and isn't the fault of the medium chosen. It also doesn't mean that the advertisement is not worth doing, just that supporters who aren't necessarily taken with the shirts at the minute may be pleasantly surprised when they are in the shop. The large screen advert, which is also running at the station is also doing an excellent job, yet nobody seems to have mentioned that.

Secondly my explanation that the brick wall distorts the image 'slightly', again my opinion, does  not mean that it's not a suitable medium rather that it does have some limitations. It's actually, from a marketing point of view, an excellent choice of site, and as I pointed out brings the new sponsor and new shirt together excellently.

Misinterpreting what I've written so that you can prove some kind of point, whatever that is, is disappointing.

Firstly, I'm not sure what you mean when you say my aim is to "prove some kind of point". Please do elaborate. I also find it very strange that you would accuse someone of deliberately misinterpreting your comments.

Secondly, I have no concerns with the decision to attempt to promote a product at the station. I do, however, find it strange that someone signed off on an advertisement that doesn't depict the product at its absolute finest.

It may well be the case that I like the shirt when I am next in the shop. Based on what I have seen so far, however, I'm not buying one.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2017, 12:48:40 am by silent majority »
I prefer watching live football rather than watching it on television, same goes for rock groups. The advert on tv for Guinness doesn't do the product justice either, that doesn't mean that using that type of medium is 'fundamentally flawed' and shouldn't be signed off. That's my point.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2017, 01:13:06 am by CrippyCooke »
I prefer watching live football rather than watching it on television, same goes for rock groups. The advert on tv for Guinness doesn't do the product justice either, that doesn't mean that using that type of medium is 'fundamentally flawed' and shouldn't be signed off. That's my point.

In that case, I absolutely do not understand your point. Especially the bit about Guinness.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2017, 09:22:15 am by idler »
I think that Martin's point is that looking at Guiness is nothing like tasting one.
The shirt's might look better when you can pick one up and look at it or see someone else wearing one.
Personally I don't like either so far.

ballysbackin

« Reply #16 on May 10, 2017, 09:49:25 am by ballysbackin »
Well I like both, the home one will resolve the problem of not seeing the name and number as been highlighted as a problem by some fans. I will be buying an away one as I like green and they will go with a pair of jeans too

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2017, 10:06:43 am by silent majority »
Well I like both, the home one will resolve the problem of not seeing the name and number as been highlighted as a problem by some fans. I will be buying an away one as I like green and they will go with a pair of jeans too

The back of the home shirt was designed specifically to solve that problem. Whilst the EFL wait to release details of the design of the numbers most clubs shirts have already been finalised making it almost impossible to change.

I'm sure the green one will make you look slimmer too Bally!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012