Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:32:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Viking MOM  (Read 2736 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Viking MOM
« on February 24, 2010, 06:52:35 am by Wellred »
I have just looked on the MOTM voting and see that Wilson is in 3rd place with 11% of the votes.
OK this is only 3 voters out of 28 but...........are they taking the p**s.
How could anyone vote Wilson motm on that performance last night?
I know we all see the game differently and everyone is entitled to their opinion but bloody hell.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:Viking MOM
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2010, 07:32:17 am by Thinwhiteduke »
All about opinions, but he is an odd choice granted.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2010, 09:28:58 am by danrover82 »
How could that many people vot for Mutch? I thought the kid was out of his depth last night, hope he settles in more and proves me wrong. Its a shame, cause I was quite looking forward to him playing last night.

Donny3

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2010, 09:34:27 am by Donny3 »
All players fit Wilson would only just make the bench, if we are to get any sort of consistency then he is not the player we need. He just struggles every week, only occasionally has a decent game.
Mutch you can see has some talent, just young and still green, needs to develop. He definetely needs to work on his heading, there was one where you could here the slap all round the stadium and he put us in trouble, think he meant to flick it on!
There will be some odd votings for this game though, think I would struggle to find one to nominate, none were outstanding.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2010, 10:36:59 am by stockyboy »
Top 5:
O'Connor 21.6%
Mutch 17.6%
Oster 17.6%
Wilson 11.8%
Coppinger 9.8%

Now from what I saw, Wilson, Mutch and Oster was probably the worst players on the pitch. My vote went to Coppinger.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2010, 11:16:28 am by Padge_DRFC »
Wilson did well, was more on the ball than Wellens, didn't give the ball away at all compared to the others and I think he's getting better every game. O'connor was awful at centre half and its showing more and more, i'm sure one of the first basic things you are taught is not to let the ball bounce.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2010, 11:17:02 am by MrFrost »
JOC for me, without a shadow of a doubt. Won everything in the air.

Donny3

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2010, 11:17:39 am by Donny3 »
About ball bouncing maybe someone should tell Gareth Roberts that too

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2010, 12:24:05 pm by Mike_F »
I gave O'Connor the nod for MOM. I agree that normally you must not let the ball bounce as a centre half but on last night's rck hard pitch, it was often the sensible choice to look around, see if there would be any pressure if the ball were to bounce and deal with it accordingly.

Wilson flinched out of a challenge early on and Oster comitted the same sin a couple of times later on.  Where's Gary Brabin when you need him?!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2010, 01:03:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Padge_DRFC wrote:
Wilson did well, was more on the ball than Wellens, didn't give the ball away at all compared to the others and I think he's getting better every game.

Didnt put a single tackle in all night. Dreadful.

jb stainforth

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 24, 2010, 03:46:38 pm by jb stainforth »
Padge_DRFC wrote:
Wilson did well, was more on the ball than Wellens, didn't give the ball away at all compared to the others and I think he's getting better every game. O'connor was awful at centre half and its showing more and more, i'm sure one of the first basic things you are taught is not to let the ball bounce.

quality players do let the ball bounce because they now whats going on around them
all good players have this ability and dont have to just hoof it clear
and jimmy shows his quality by being able to play different positions

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2010, 03:47:09 pm by RoversAlias »
I cannot believe O'Connor is leading the man of the match voting. I know it's all about opinions but O'Connor was beaten damn near every time by the various attackers that took him on. He kept letting the ball bounce too...tbh I don't think anybody stood out for us.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 24, 2010, 04:03:07 pm by Drover »
Padge_DRFC wrote:

Sorry but the Wilson I watched last night gave the ball away regularly and we often lost possession through him flinching in tackles and failing to tackle at all.I admit I was not a fan of his but last season and this I can see what a good player he is for the squad and can see what SOD uses him for.We cannot go and buy another stock or wellens so sometimes players like wilson are what SOD has to work with and I admit there are times SOD uses him and I have been impressed with him,last night was not a good one for him but alot of the squad struggled last night for whatever reason.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012