Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:42:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??  (Read 56756 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??
« Reply #120 on November 27, 2015, 08:51:40 pm by Al4475 »
Blimey this has opened a can of worms hasn't it?

As with all incidents of this nature I am sure that it will reviewed within the club from the CCTV footage and discussed appropriately.

I'm not sure how people can question the integrity of some of the senior officials at the club on this particular matter to be fair nor also how they can be held personally responsible. They've appointed security/stewards etc to do that particular job to the best of their ability - nothing more or less!

The negativity towards some of the club officials on this thread is somewhat overboard don't you all think? Especially as there are so many positive things happening in and around the club at the moment.

Do people really believe that Club Officials tactically deploy stewards to kick people out because they don't like what they have to say? I bet they wish they really had that much time on their hands! LOL!

Contrary to some reports SM has received lots of positive support from some of these people inside the club and that the relationship he was with specific individuals will ensure a positive outcome to this whole incident.

There has been a meeting arranged with the club and SM next week to the best of my knowledge and I'm sure that through sensible dialogue and cctv scrutiny everyone will be aiming to clear things up properly one way or another.

The club, stewards and SM between them (as was the case with the Neil and Black Bank incident - which nobody can dispute finished with a positive outcome as the success of subsequent growth of the BB has shown- plus the positives gleaned from that awful West Stand incident also highlight) will sort this out between themselves and will (if the need arises) explain any actions and repercussions in the future should that be deemed the best course of action.

Let SM and the club resolve this properly before any of the rest of us chuck in loads of undue emotional reactions - leave them to it and see what any outcome(s) is (are.)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:15:26 pm by Al4475 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

« Reply #121 on November 27, 2015, 08:59:51 pm by GM-MarkB »
Is this steward the same bloke that runs the Car Boot SPG ?

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on November 27, 2015, 09:05:37 pm by DRFC »
BobG, you seem more interested in protecting Rigos feelings than giving the club and Martin time to sort things out before running to the press, why's that?

I'm sure Rigo is a big lad and doesn't need your protection.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on November 27, 2015, 09:08:15 pm by BobG »
Why would I want to protect Rigo? What a bizarre conclusion to jump to. You must be one of those who can't see an opinion opposed to his own without making snide remarks about it.

Discussion involves different points of view. I gave a reason for mine. What's the reason for your contribution?

BobG
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:14:36 pm by BobG »

critch243

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on November 27, 2015, 09:12:39 pm by critch243 »
Been looking back... since the opening of the KM there's been more ejected from the home end than the away end

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on November 27, 2015, 09:21:50 pm by DRFC »
But the snide remarks that accompanied some of those rejections of the idea are simply pathetic.

Your words. Personally I'd say that's the snidest remark in here. Opinions, eh?

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on November 27, 2015, 09:22:51 pm by DRFC »
Been looking back... since the opening of the KM there's been more ejected from the home end than the away end

Easy target. Look at how Scunny (Scunny!) took the piss last season.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on November 27, 2015, 09:44:22 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It should have been sorted by now its as simple as that,
 then the bulk of all this wouldn't be happening

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on November 27, 2015, 09:48:41 pm by bradford exile »
It's hard to believe that's for sure. But then Andy Liney being barred from Bradford was bizarre as well.

BobG
Wasn't it Huddersfield Bob?

Yes it was Huddersfield.

Bradford (city) was where he danced???????with some very good looking majorettes and seemed to have a whale of a time.

Regards

Ray
Ray

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on November 27, 2015, 09:50:26 pm by DRFC »

Somehow I don't think Martin will be settling for a half arsed apology from the club so until something substantial happens it's all conjecture on our part.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on November 27, 2015, 10:16:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Somehow I don't think Martin will be settling for a half arsed apology from the club so until something substantial happens it's all conjecture on our part.

I hope he isn't judging by what I've read on here!!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on November 27, 2015, 10:17:13 pm by Rovers Return »

I would think the position Martin holds nationally will be requiring a complete and official apology.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on November 27, 2015, 10:22:25 pm by DRFC »
We'll have to see what he demands / the club offers. Certainly interesting times ahead but I'd like to echo Al and Wes above, now isn't the time for attacks on the club and it's personnel.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on November 27, 2015, 10:29:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Oh well I'm known to some perhaps I'm next :(  cos I do gob off occasionally

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on November 27, 2015, 10:49:17 pm by PDS »
There is something sick at Doncaster Rovers.

I don't know the motives, I don't understand the politics.

I did everything i could to support my club in the dark days. Bought all the tat from the shop, sponsored match ball, sponsored kit. Every little helps eh?

Now Ive given up my season ticket, despair at the treatment of respected (nationally) individuals and ashamed to be associated in any way with doncaster rovers.

Time for change.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on November 27, 2015, 10:52:17 pm by DRFC »

Time for change.

What changes do you suggest?

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on November 27, 2015, 11:05:59 pm by PDS »
A good question DRFC my new forum buddy.

Lets start with communication from the club.

I tried to renew my season ticket in the SW corner. It was unavailable. No reason. No explanation. ST holder since the conference days and club sponsor in minor ways, thought I might have deserved slightly better.

Taken my bat and ball home. But i'm a fan at heart so turned up to the FA cup game. pay on the day. "Oh no, you need to queue at the ticket office" Missed the first goal as a result.

Treatment of a well respected DRFC fan, recognised not just locally but nationally? And you have the temerity to ask what needs to change?

The experience of myself and other fans will soon have us likened to other eras or less respected c,lubs if this continues.

What needs to change? you ask..... respect and customer care.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on November 27, 2015, 11:08:04 pm by DRFC »
Which cup game did you turn up for?

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on November 27, 2015, 11:20:04 pm by PDS »
The FA cup.
The ticket office made valiant attempts to issue tickets to juniors and after KO to adults all turned away from the pay on the day turnstile.

If you are in any way connected with the club, N486 and my initials/username will tally.

A sad state of affairs.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on November 27, 2015, 11:31:35 pm by BobG »
Thank you DVR. A really frightening experiment that. It amply (!!!) demonstrated mans inhumanity to man and explained why there are people like those we are discussing in this thread. We seem to have another example before us at the KM these days.....

BobG

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on November 27, 2015, 11:37:10 pm by DRFC »
I'm in no way employed by the club.

I'll try and reply to your points as best as I can:

Your seat wouldn't be available, the South Stand is fully unreserved and anyway a large chunk of the SW corner is now taken up with the big screen and segregation netting between the South and West stands. The club have admitted they didn't handle the change to unreserved seating especially well and apologised to the effected fans, offering them seats elsewhere in the ground if they wanted the convenience of a guaranteed seat.

The treatment of those ejected recently has been appalling but is that really a reason to abandon the club that you love, especially as it hasnt directly impacted you? I'm sure that this issue is now in very capable hands and we'll see an improvement in what in reality is a tiny, tiny part of the match day experience.

Obviously I've no idea what the issue was with your ticket problem as I'm not privy to all the information but in my experience Ryan Murrant has been great at dealing with issues along those lines. Would an apology from the club change your feelings on returning?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on November 28, 2015, 12:25:56 am by BobG »
You're not related to Lifelong are you DRFC?  I'm not trying to be sarky or owt but your post reminds me of him.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on November 28, 2015, 03:15:40 am by hoolahoop »
You're not related to Lifelong are you DRFC?  I'm not trying to be sarky or owt but your post reminds me of him.

BobG

Hmm they might just be on the same wavelength Bob. What makes you think that ? ;)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on November 28, 2015, 07:28:15 am by nice one rovers »

Your seat wouldn't be available, the South Stand is fully unreserved and anyway a large chunk of the SW corner is now taken up with the big screen and segregation netting between the South and West stands. The club have admitted they didn't handle the change to unreserved seating especially well and apologised to the effected fans, offering them seats elsewhere in the ground if they wanted the convenience of a guaranteed seat.

The treatment of those ejected recently has been appalling but is that really a reason to abandon the club that you love, especially as it hasnt directly impacted you? I'm sure that this issue is now in very capable hands and we'll see an improvement in what in reality is a tiny, tiny part of the match day experience.

Obviously I've no idea what the issue was with your ticket problem as I'm not privy to all the information but in my experience Ryan Murrant has been great at dealing with issues along those lines. Would an apology from the club change your feelings on returning?

Now they're calling us camp!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on November 28, 2015, 07:31:30 am by Dagenham Rover »

Eventually after a lot of complaints initially there was nothing from the club, I believe the people affected by the big screen were basically kicked out to somewhere else with no explanation, no doubt someone will correct this bit if need be

To an extent its irrelevant whether it directly impacted you or not the way it appears to have been handled (and other incidents) sets the precedence next week it could be you receiving the same sort of treatment it needs sorting.

They ran out of adult tickets at the pay on the day turnstiles so instead of getting more to the turnstiles they decided to send everybody to the ticket office to buy tickets there, it was covered on here at the time

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on November 28, 2015, 08:11:49 am by DRFC »
Now they're calling us camp!

If the cap fits, darling.  ;)

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on November 28, 2015, 08:16:54 am by DRFC »
Bob, Steve, I'm not Dave Parker. I wouldn't wipe my arse on the Sun for a start.

If you want to find out who I am (so you can idly threaten to expose what I post here under a pseudonym to my employers, like happened to Mad Mick) why don't we play a game of Guess Who?

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on November 28, 2015, 08:20:12 am by DRFC »
No.

critch243

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on November 28, 2015, 08:21:37 am by critch243 »
Are you Bald?

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on November 28, 2015, 08:22:01 am by DRFC »
No. (Perhaps thinning a little)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012