Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:45:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??  (Read 56691 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??
« Reply #180 on December 07, 2015, 09:49:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes Mate, I agree. It must have made him think of doing an 'Andy Liney' and packing it all in.

I wouldn't  blame him either. Just hope that he hasn't.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on December 07, 2015, 10:04:01 pm by idler »
Maybe this was just the high profile cock up needed to enforce a rethink on certain stewarding issues.
Just as long as the culprit isn't just moved to another stand and carries on
acting in the same manner.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on December 07, 2015, 10:20:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm sure some on the board of the vsc and drsg know the identity of the steward or stewards  and will hopefully be keeping an eye out

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on December 07, 2015, 10:29:40 pm by les@donr »
Shouldn't the guilty steward(s) be relieved of their duties?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on December 08, 2015, 10:15:33 am by Rovers Return »
A statement from the club...

The Club can confirm that, after an incident during the Rovers v Chesterfield game (Tuesday 24th November), a meeting has taken place between the Safety Officer and Martin O’Hara to identify ways of which the club can further its commitment to improving how we operate on match days. Future learning and development opportunities were identified.

Talks are to take place with representatives of the Football Supporters Federation as regards the club piloting training initiatives that will allow it to offer the very best in customer care and to further develop into a model club leading the way in how we steward football matches.

The Club would like to thank Martin for his continued assistance in this and other club initiatives.   

Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/rovers-to-talk-to-fsf-2839459.aspx#JHoyGjg62QqygVgZ.99

Or to translate.........

Oooops! We made a mess of that didn't we? Apologies but our stewards are badly trained and don't know the rules and regulations regarding football stadia. What you did wasn't a 'Criminal Offence' as claimed by our steward but we don't know the rules and we and our stewards apply our own interpretation and we have no control over the stewards when they do. Please can you help us Martin? Can the FSF come and put our house in order? Can they come and train our stewards?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:17:49 am by Rovers Return »

bally1950

« Reply #185 on December 08, 2015, 10:54:31 am by bally1950 »
les.

I agree totally, they were out of order in West Stand but got away with a cover up or a  F. U Supporters. Well Martin stood up to them and got singled out for it. Yep F.U Supporters but we make us look good.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #186 on December 08, 2015, 11:16:15 am by Twinkletoes »
Just what do the club think they are doing? Again digging their heads in the sand in the hope we won't realise that they have got it wrong. These are clearly issues that should be paramount in the stewards training! Brushing it under the carpet!! Not good enough im afraid!! Come on DRFC give Martin the apology he so rightly deserves. Anyone else agree with me?

Twinkletoes

« Reply #187 on December 08, 2015, 11:17:15 am by Twinkletoes »
yes he should.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on December 08, 2015, 11:19:47 am by Colin C No.3 »
"..further it's commitment to improving how we operate on match days.."

"..piloting training initiatives that will allow it to offer the very best in customer care.."!!

Where's the apology for an incident that was obviously orchestrated by match officials operating under 'guidance' from someone 'inside the club', ending up by ejecting a diehard supporter from the ground & in doing so, upset a family group caught up in the middle of what was a nasty, abusive, violent (when witnessed by a small child) fracas.

If such an incident had happened near me, hand on heart, I'd post my season ticket back to the club until this 'Head Steward' was sent packing back to his nightclub door.

Martin, you have a far, far longer fuse than me.

Shame on you Doncaster Rovers for putting out such a pathetic piece of blather.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on December 08, 2015, 11:22:25 am by DRNaith »
A statement from the club...

The Club can confirm that, after an incident during the Rovers v Chesterfield game (Tuesday 24th November), a meeting has taken place between the Safety Officer and Martin O’Hara to identify ways of which the club can further its commitment to improving how we operate on match days. Future learning and development opportunities were identified.

Talks are to take place with representatives of the Football Supporters Federation as regards the club piloting training initiatives that will allow it to offer the very best in customer care and to further develop into a model club leading the way in how we steward football matches.

The Club would like to thank Martin for his continued assistance in this and other club initiatives.   

Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/rovers-to-talk-to-fsf-2839459.aspx#JHoyGjg62QqygVgZ.99

Or to translate.........

Oooops! We made a mess of that didn't we? Apologies but our stewards are badly trained and don't know the rules and regulations regarding football stadia. What you did wasn't a 'Criminal Offence' as claimed by our steward but we don't know the rules and we and our stewards apply our own interpretation and we have no control over the stewards when they do. Please can you help us Martin? Can the FSF come and put our house in order? Can they come and train our stewards?

Apart from the "apologies " part, yes.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on December 08, 2015, 11:53:10 am by Rovers Return »
"..further it's commitment to improving how we operate on match days.."

"..piloting training initiatives that will allow it to offer the very best in customer care.."!!

Where's the apology for an incident that was obviously orchestrated by match officials operating under 'guidance' from someone 'inside the club', ending up by ejecting a diehard supporter from the ground & in doing so, upset a family group caught up in the middle of what was a nasty, abusive, violent (when witnessed by a small child) fracas.

If such an incident had happened near me, hand on heart, I'd post my season ticket back to the club until this 'Head Steward' was sent packing back to his nightclub door.

Martin, you have a far, far longer fuse than me.

Shame on you Doncaster Rovers for putting out such a pathetic piece of blather.

Honestly 'Colin C No3' I'm still seething over the incident. The Chief Steward was/is a complete knob and doesn't belong inside our stadium where he can display his 'bouncer' attributes in front of my kids.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on December 08, 2015, 11:54:34 am by wesisback »
Only if he was acting without any guidance which I'd find very unlikely. Surely in any kind of situation where you can see it getting fraught, you'd report to the control room first and foremost to ensure the incident is being recorded and to take advice on how to handle it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on December 08, 2015, 12:17:53 pm by IDM »
Just what do the club think they are doing? Again digging their heads in the sand in the hope we won't realise that they have got it wrong. These are clearly issues that should be paramount in the stewards training! Brushing it under the carpet!! Not good enough im afraid!! Come on DRFC give Martin the apology he so rightly deserves. Anyone else agree with me?

Read the statement on the VSC website.  Martin has had an apology.  Whether that should be more public is a matter of opinion..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on December 08, 2015, 12:46:04 pm by Filo »

Read the statement on the VSC website.  Martin has had an apology.  Whether that should be more public is a matter of opinion..

The icident played out in public, the apology should made in public in my opinion, and that goes to the two recent incidents. The club statement looks like it was begrudgingly put out

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on December 08, 2015, 01:06:44 pm by wing commander »

Not good enough for me IDM...that's NOT a apology but if Martins happy that's what matters.....However I would have thought it might have twigged to one or two in the boardroom that we are not happy with this incident but after that standard statement similar to the ones that they put out about the catering which are never kept,obviously not....!!!

Twinkletoes

« Reply #195 on December 08, 2015, 01:14:40 pm by Twinkletoes »

IDM Having read the statement put out by the club numerous times at no point do I see the words, "Apology" or "Sorry" Could you please direct me to the words or indeed the sentence that your reading as an apology?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:27:19 pm by Twinkletoes »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on December 08, 2015, 01:22:24 pm by IDM »

IDM Having read the statement put out by the club numerous times at point do I see the words, "Apology" or "Sorry" Could you please direct me to the words or indeed the sentence that your reading as an apology?

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php

"The trust is delighted to be able to inform supporters that the club have apologised to Martin for this action, having conducted an investigation and found that he did nothing to warrant this outcome.  Both the trust and Martin as an individual would like to thank the club for reaching the correct decision."

OK this does not contain the wording of the apology, more stating that it has happened.  IMHO the person wronged is Martin, so the apology is personal to him?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on December 08, 2015, 01:25:02 pm by IDM »
Filo, Wingco, I was referring to the VSC statement, not the club's statement, just to make myself clear.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on December 08, 2015, 01:28:39 pm by wing commander »
    I just don't get your point IDM..Thats a statement put out by the VSC and nothing whatsoever to do with the club it's the clubs OFFICIAL statement that is nothing more than the standard political sound bite drivel that is designed to do nothing more than keep the plebs quiet that we have issues with....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on December 08, 2015, 01:38:07 pm by IDM »
My point is simple - Martin was wronged, and has received an apology, as reported by the VSC.

Whether the club's apology statement should be more public is a matter (it seems) for debate.  That's fair enough, but my point still stands.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on December 08, 2015, 01:42:46 pm by Filo »
So it appears that the VSC have inform people of the clubs apology because the club cannot bring themselves to do it

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on December 08, 2015, 01:51:02 pm by IDM »
So it appears that the VSC have inform people of the clubs apology because the club cannot bring themselves to do it

That's not my point.  Maybe Martin was content with a private apology - I am guessing at that, you'd have to ask him!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on December 08, 2015, 02:30:32 pm by wesisback »

That's not my point.  Maybe Martin was content with a private apology - I am guessing at that, you'd have to ask him!
You wouldn't then put it out via the VSC statement that they've apologised though would you? Just that a satisfactory outcome had been achieved and a wish to move forward.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on December 08, 2015, 02:33:17 pm by IDM »
I can't speak for the way the club nor the VSC put out statements.  My views on this thread are simply to point out that an apology has been made, as some posters (throughout the thread) seemed to think it had not been done.

Whether this goes far enough, or is appropriate, is a different issue.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on December 08, 2015, 03:13:40 pm by Yorkiered »
I can't speak for the way the club nor the VSC put out statements.  My views on this thread are simply to point out that an apology has been made, as some posters (throughout the thread) seemed to think it had not been done.

Whether this goes far enough, or is appropriate, is a different issue.

I see it totally differently.
The club has made a private apology to MH (and the VSC?)
As for public apologies the club has totally ducked the issue of what happened. How do the club know if any of those present in the East Stand who witnessed what happened and were as a result upset or had family members upset are VSC members?
On the basis that some may not be then the club (in my opinion) has acted badly.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on December 08, 2015, 06:26:19 pm by albie »
Corporate bullshit aside, and assuming SM is content with the response of DRFC to himself personally, there are still 1 or 2 questions not answered by the club.

Did a steward act inappropriately,
Did he exceed his legal powers,
Who is responsible for oversight of the stewarding team,
What guidance/protocols are in use to govern stewarding practice,
Where are these published for supporters to read and understand,
Have any disciplinary measures been taken for breach of standards,
What will DRFC do to enforce good practice going forward,
What apologies have been given to others affected by the incident.

These seem to me a list of minimum requirements for transparency.

Bland assurances that everything will be sorted are usually and indicator that they wish it would go away, and in 2 weeks it will all be forgotten. Not always though, so this might be different.

Deal with it and tell the truth Rovers! You will feel a lot better afterwards.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on December 08, 2015, 06:48:30 pm by RedJ »
Corporate bullshit aside, and assuming SM is content with the response of DRFC to himself personally, there are still 1 or 2 questions not answered by the club.

Did a steward act inappropriately,
Did he exceed his legal powers,
Who is responsible for oversight of the stewarding team,
What guidance/protocols are in use to govern stewarding practice,
Where are these published for supporters to read and understand,
Have any disciplinary measures been taken for breach of standards,
What will DRFC do to enforce good practice going forward,
What apologies have been given to others affected by the incident.

These seem to me a list of minimum requirements for transparency.

Bland assurances that everything will be sorted are usually and indicator that they wish it would go away, and in 2 weeks it will all be forgotten. Not always though, so this might be different.

Deal with it and tell the truth Rovers! You will feel a lot better afterwards.

I think the main thing we've learned from all this is that albie can't count. ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on December 08, 2015, 10:48:53 pm by BobG »
He does do good questions though :)

All very relevant and all very ignored.

BobG

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on December 09, 2015, 08:06:22 am by Muttley »
If the news coming out of America is true, I reckon Silent Majority got exactly what he deserved

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on December 09, 2015, 08:43:38 am by vaya »
I stood with a trump once.

Followed through. Messy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012