Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:08:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Plymouth Argyle game  (Read 8983 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Plymouth Argyle game
« Reply #120 on October 28, 2020, 09:01:58 pm by 5 on Tour »
Think the 0 players in the box corner was an interesting one. If it works it will look amazing but that delivery was awful. If Plymouth typically zonal mark a corner it would have been static defenders against moving attackers and no contest. Should have tried it a 2nd time and got the delivery right.

That corner obviously had a planned type of delivery and if it was actually the ball that Copps delivered then it was down to our players to get on the end of it.
The ball was driven across goal, on the six yard line(ish) and none of our players made the move forward to get on the end of it.
It would have been an awful ball for a defender to deal with as they would have been running towards their own goal.
It might be worth another go.
Of course we don’t know if the ball that Copps sent over was the rehearsed one but as a former front man I always preferred that type of ball in rather than one that was hung up.

Think it definitely required the driven ball. Without re-watching it I think the delivery was too high on that occasion. Try it again and see what happens. Can see an Anderson overhead volley into the top corner winning goal of the season when we get it right?!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Plymouth Argyle game
« Reply #121 on October 28, 2020, 09:12:31 pm by drfchound »
Think the 0 players in the box corner was an interesting one. If it works it will look amazing but that delivery was awful. If Plymouth typically zonal mark a corner it would have been static defenders against moving attackers and no contest. Should have tried it a 2nd time and got the delivery right.

That corner obviously had a planned type of delivery and if it was actually the ball that Copps delivered then it was down to our players to get on the end of it.
The ball was driven across goal, on the six yard line(ish) and none of our players made the move forward to get on the end of it.
It would have been an awful ball for a defender to deal with as they would have been running towards their own goal.
It might be worth another go.
Of course we don’t know if the ball that Copps sent over was the rehearsed one but as a former front man I always preferred that type of ball in rather than one that was hung up.

Think it definitely required the driven ball. Without re-watching it I think the delivery was too high on that occasion. Try it again and see what happens. Can see an Anderson overhead volley into the top corner winning goal of the season when we get it right?!

I haven’t seen a replay of it 5on tour so can only remember what I saw live at the time.
I feel sure that the ball came across at a headable height.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012