Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:49:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signed Rovers Shirt up for grabs! + free season ticket!  (Read 2277 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Signed Rovers Shirt up for grabs! + free season ticket!
« on June 10, 2013, 02:59:21 pm by Mr1Croft »
The Viking Supporters Co-operative are auctioning off a 2012/13 signed Doncaster Rovers shirt, with the proceeds going to Prostate Cancer UK.

On Friday 11th January Doncaster Rovers welcomed Scott McLachlan, a member of the Pompey Supporters Trust who is attempting to walk to every one of the 92 football clubs during the 12/13 season as he bids to raise money for Prostate Cancer. When he came to the Keepmoat Stadium, which marked his 52nd club in total he was greatly received by the club who kindly donated a signed DRFC shirt.

If that wasn't enough the Club will give the highest bidder of this signed shirt a FREE 2013/14 Season Ticket! The eventual winner of this auction will be invited down to the Keepmoat Stadium to collect the shirt and their FREE 2013/14 Season Ticket when Doncaster Rovers return to the Championship.

Since Scott was still walking round the country the VSC offered to auction off the shirt on his behalf so now is your chance to buy a piece of Rovers memorabilia, with the proceeds going to Prostate Cancer.

This shirt is currently listed on Ebay and will be available for only 7 days so please do bid for this fantastic prize where all funds raised will be given directly to Prostate Cancer UK on behalf of Scott and his incredible Walt the 92. You can find the item on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271220878514

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:34:14 am by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Signed Rovers Shirt up for grabs!
« Reply #1 on June 10, 2013, 03:23:08 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Common as muck these signed Rovers shirts. :)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 10, 2013, 03:36:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
A great cause. Hope it's goes for decent money  :scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 10, 2013, 04:08:35 pm by Filo »
So if I were to bid the same value as my already purchased season ticket, the club would reimburse me that amount instead of giving a free season ticket?????

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 10, 2013, 04:13:56 pm by Mr1Croft »
So if I were to bid the same value as my already purchased season ticket, the club would reimburse me that amount instead of giving a free season ticket?????

Well what were keen to stress here is that it is the shirt that we are auctioning off here, the free ST is an added incentive, however I can ask the question.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 10, 2013, 05:35:20 pm by wilts rover »

I would presume as a true Rovers fan and supporter of the aforesaid charity, you would then go on to either; auction off the ST and give the funds to Prostrate Cancer - or you would donate the ST to Prostrate Cancer for them to give a less fortunate fan than yourself.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 10, 2013, 05:41:00 pm by Filo »

I would presume as a true Rovers fan and supporter of the aforesaid charity, you would then go on to either; auction off the ST and give the funds to Prostrate Cancer - or you would donate the ST to Prostrate Cancer for them to give a less fortunate fan than yourself.

That was my thinking, If the winning bid was equal to the value of the season ticket, I would expect the club to reimburse the money to me and then I in turn donate the money to the charity, it appears it`s not an option anyway

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 10, 2013, 05:43:39 pm by bfdoncaster west »
do you get a refund on your s t if your  if your the winning bider

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 10, 2013, 06:10:29 pm by Mr1Croft »
As mentioned by Filo unfortunately the club cannot reimburse the winner if they already have a ST. As stated previously however the ST has kindly been donated by the club as an added incentive.

If the winning bid was equal to the value of a season ticket and that was reimbursed you would be in effect getting the signed shirt for nothing.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 10, 2013, 06:57:43 pm by LincsRover »
If the winner already has a season ticket then the winning season ticket could be donated to VSC to give to a worthy cause or maybe auction off that match ticket via VSC forum and donate the money? If we had another Brentford for example, one lucky VSC contributor could get a ticket and donate to a worthy cause. I know it may not be that simple due to having book etc... But sure we could find a way around it? Just a thought?

I'm going on eBay to bid at some point so we'll see how it goes! Not promising too much!

:rtid:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 10, 2013, 08:35:58 pm by dumbroofer »
have just placed a bid on the old evil bay,and am top bidder so get your fingers pressing them numbers up....... and good luck

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 11, 2013, 01:19:28 pm by Mr1Croft »
Good to see a few bids coming in!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 12, 2013, 01:26:36 am by silent majority »
I would suggest the combined value of these two products would be about £500. A long way to go on the bidding then. Dig a bit deeper folks.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 12, 2013, 09:33:11 pm by Mr1Croft »
Well for anyone keeping their eye on this item, over 4 days left and currently at £202! Keep them bids coming!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 12, 2013, 09:41:21 pm by bobjimwilly »
This is a great chance to get a fantastic piece of Rovers memorabilia, donate to a great charity, and get a reduced price season ticket!  :scarf:

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Signed Rovers Shirt up for grabs! + free season ticket!
« Reply #15 on June 15, 2013, 05:12:54 pm by silent majority »
Its now at £310, still cheap considering the cost of a season ticket.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 15, 2013, 09:00:22 pm by donnyplant »
Do we know where the season ticket is? Can it be anywhere in the stadium? Or does it have to be cat C?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 16, 2013, 10:02:24 am by silent majority »
Do we know where the season ticket is? Can it be anywhere in the stadium? Or does it have to be cat C?

I can check, but to answer part of your question we no longer do Cat C so it won't be one of those!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 16, 2013, 09:40:35 pm by Mr1Croft »
Only 17 hours left folk. Currently at £320 which isn't a bad price for a signed shirt and a season ticket.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012