Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:55:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch question for Andy Thompson  (Read 3059 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Pitch question for Andy Thompson
« on June 17, 2013, 10:24:12 pm by newyankee »

Andy, I was wondering as the Dons have been drawn at home to Sheffield in the Northern Rail Cup, will they be playing at Don Valley?
I suspect it will be too early for the Keepmoat pitch and I also think that Bramall Lane could be being re seeded as well.

Could you please give us an update on the pitch as this game as you know is scheduled for ten days hence?

By the way, I used to work in Rugby League and know the tribulations of the sports  coming together. I am the one usually defending the Dons against others, but even I think it could be too early for the pitch to be ready.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Re: Pitch question for Andy Thompson
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2013, 01:10:05 am by RedRover45 »
I would hesitate to give up home advantage, it could be a vital element in actually having a chance of beating them. Is a one-off game at Doncaster RUFC an option ?

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2013, 03:04:06 am by newyankee »

Their season is during the winter and I would suggest that the RU ground is also being prepared during the Summer. Obviously, being over in the States I am not privvy to how the Keepmoat pitch is doing.

I would suspect it needs a bit longer to be playable for any game so I hope that if they do play, Andy Thompson is Ok with it.

However, I can just see all the anti Dons brigade getting on their hind legs again, better not to give them the ammunition.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2013, 07:52:56 am by Mr1Croft »
The pitch is in great shape, almost perfect! You wouldn't believe the transformation!

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2013, 08:39:50 am by CraigyBoy »
I would of thought the Dons would have been better merging with the Knights anyway. Was my understanding they only play at the KM because former rugby league man "Mayor Winter" specifically asked for it. Why don't they play cricket on the KM pitch too?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2013, 09:23:44 am by MrFrost »
I would of thought the Dons would have been better merging with the Knights anyway. Was my understanding they only play at the KM because former rugby league man "Mayor Winter" specifically asked for it. Why don't they play cricket on the KM pitch too?

Merge? They're two different sports.

WanchopeDickov

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 18, 2013, 09:40:15 am by WanchopeDickov »

No problems with rugby at the ground. We are sporting doncaster after all, i just dont want stupid events on the pitch during the season.

The pitch is looking superb btw

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 18, 2013, 12:37:28 pm by newyankee »

Thanks for letting me know how good the pitch looks Mr Croft.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 18, 2013, 12:39:50 pm by newyankee »

Sorry,  Mr Frost not Croft!!!! :headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 18, 2013, 12:45:47 pm by Filo »

No problems with rugby at the ground. We are sporting doncaster after all, i just dont want stupid events on the pitch during the season.

Dyslexia has been cured overnight!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 18, 2013, 12:51:12 pm by wilts rover »

Dyslexia has been cured overnight!

Maybe, but the stupidity and bigotry of this latest incarnation hasn't.....

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 18, 2013, 10:52:57 pm by RobTheRover »
Well spotted,  Wilts.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 18, 2013, 11:01:01 pm by Mr1Croft »

Sorry,  Mr Frost not Croft!!!! :headbang:

No, you got it right the first time...

donnyguy61

« Reply #13 on June 19, 2013, 04:56:41 pm by donnyguy61 »
liamhodenDFP 17m
The Dons have been told by Keepmoat groundstaff the pitch needs more time to bed in so it wouldn't be ready for the game #drfc
liamhodenDFP 8m
Dons' Ray Green: "The athletics pitch is in great condition. I believe it will prove to be more than a suitable venue." #drfc #dons

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 19, 2013, 05:03:34 pm by RedRover45 »
There's only 499 seats and no way of collecting admission money ??

GM-MarkB

« Reply #15 on June 19, 2013, 05:10:20 pm by GM-MarkB »
liamhodenDFP 17m
The Dons have been told by Keepmoat groundstaff the pitch needs more time to bed in so it wouldn't be ready for the game #drfc
liamhodenDFP 8m
Dons' Ray Green: "The athletics pitch is in great condition. I believe it will prove to be more than a suitable venue." #drfc #dons

Yes Ray it might...but i've got it booked for a home game....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 19, 2013, 05:21:10 pm by Filo »
liamhodenDFP 17m
liamhodenDFP 8m

Yes Ray it might...but i've got it booked for a home game....

Fight!

American Football v Rugby League :)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 19, 2013, 05:27:59 pm by DaveDRFC »
Do the Belles ever play on the Athletics Stadium pitch? I would have thought it would be an ideal size for them given the crowds they get, but had heard there were issues with changing facilities which is why our youth and reserve team games (when we have them) are at Cantley Park.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 19, 2013, 05:42:20 pm by Filo »
American Football wins?

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980 40m

Dons RLFC v @SheffieldEagles NRC Semi will take place on Fri, June 28 at Doncaster Athletics Stadium, as Keepmoat pitch is not available.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012