Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:34:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Racist Chants at Bratfud  (Read 2702 times)

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
Racist Chants at Bratfud
« on July 28, 2013, 08:38:04 am by sheffield exile1 »
Can't say as i didn't hear it but i was in the home end yesterday with my Bratud mates. After the natch we went to a local hostelry, only polite really, and one Bratfud lad who had called at a shop remarked to me "they were either brave or stupid" on his arrival. "What?" "Them lads chanting, this is Bratfud you know" I have no reason to doubt him. All i will say is this. If any "Rovers "fan" is EDL/BNP orientated and takes pleasure in this sort of behaviour please desist or go and support some team who wants you, the maajority of civilised Rovers fans do not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Racist Chants at Bratfud
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2013, 08:48:06 am by Ldr »
 :that: what he said  :thumbsup:

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 28, 2013, 08:51:18 am by roversontheup »
sorry but I don't understand what has been chanted.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 28, 2013, 09:04:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I was at the game in the stand and heard nothing so I guess anything wasn't at the game...

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 28, 2013, 09:39:22 am by Boomstick »
Now I'm never one to moan at people's poor grammar/spelling/punctuation, or general grasp of the English language. But I'm having a tough time working out what the original poster is trying to convey!  :saywhat:

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 28, 2013, 09:51:15 am by adge »
that he's had a few beers

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 28, 2013, 10:12:10 am by Donnywolf »

Can't say as i didn't hear it but i was in the home end yesterday with my Bratud mates. After the natch we went to a local hostelry, only polite really, and one Bratfud lad who had called at a shop remarked to me "they were either brave or stupid" on his arrival. "What?" "Them lads chanting, this is Bratfud you know" I have no reason to doubt him. All i will say is this. If any "Rovers "fan" is EDL/BNP orientated and takes pleasure in this sort of behaviour please desist or go and support some team who wants you, the maajority of civilised Rovers fans do not.

RACIST CHANTS AT BRADFORD

I cant say whether there was any racist chanting because I did not hear it

I was in the Home end with my mates from Bradford

After the game I went socially to a local Pub - but on the way met another "local" who said Rovers fans were either brave or stupid to chant racist remarks because the targets of their "bile" were all around them (because they were after all in Bradford)

I believe the local chap had heard Rovers chanting these comments

If any so called Rovers fans are racist and want to chant this "offensive" stuff can they please stop following Rovers because the VAST MAJORITY of proper Rovers Fans are not this way inclined

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 28, 2013, 10:23:07 am by Alickismyhero »
I think the original  poster is referring to racist comments made by Donny supporters. I can remember similar comments made by Donny supporters about Donny supporters at a Brentford cup away game? I think the item was discussed on this forum but it may have been on 606. It was true and did happen. One perpetrator admitted it did happen and apologised for their actions.

Any action must be taken by the stewards but when you look at some of the kids they have as stewards what chance of they got to sort it out?

Which reminds me about the last game at Brentford. One elderly Brentford supporter talked his way out of being thrown out of the ground for making racist gestures. From my position behind the goals he was in the stand to the left did anyone else see the action? He kept very quiet after he was challenged but he should have been taken out.

Whatever happened to the heroes that were arrested at Hartlepool for fighting between themselves?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 28, 2013, 10:36:25 am by RobTheRover »
Charges were dropped at the eleventh hour.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #9 on July 28, 2013, 10:37:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think there could have been anything in the ground as i expect there would have been more of a fuss. The OP is right though, if any individuals were being racist then, well it's not brave, it's stupid and ignorant.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 28, 2013, 10:45:15 am by MrWoodySir »
No racists chants at the match, us Donny's are very civilised dont-cha-know?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 28, 2013, 11:01:50 am by idler »
I've lived in Bradford for 30 years and a lot of Bradfordians do pronounce it as Bratfud, I've a lot of mates who pronounce it like that.
Not sure if they would find it offensive or not. It's maybe akin to saying sit here or thee and Tha to somebody from South Yorkshire.
I did see one band of merry men in the distance on the walk up to the ground chanting and the odd one walking into the road in front of the traffic. They looked about 15 or 16 years old luckily none had shirts on.
I was in the same pub as Sheffield Exile 1 befor wand after the match and spoke with him but didn't hear the conversation so I'm not able to know how upset the City supporter was. I did have a good natter with a few City fans before and after the game and we all wished our clubs good luck for next season.
In found it funny when after the game a spotty City youth said under his breath f*** off home which for me is three miles away.   

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 28, 2013, 11:24:06 am by KieronDRFC »
So if people support either the EDL or BNP your asking them to stop supporting rovers?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 28, 2013, 11:26:08 am by ravenrover »
No he's saying cut out the racist chanting/comments or go elsewhere

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 28, 2013, 11:32:55 am by KieronDRFC »
So why mention those political parties?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 28, 2013, 11:36:44 am by Alickismyhero »
Charges were dropped at the eleventh hour.

Thank you Rob.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 28, 2013, 11:42:07 am by timdrfc »
I was at the game in the stand and heard nothing so I guess anything wasn't at the game...

Or maybe made up ?
Easy to throw the racist card & everyone believes them, maybe just a disgruntled Bradford fan trying to get at Rovers fans because they just got beat?

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 28, 2013, 11:56:29 am by bluewiggy123 »
I think the original  poster is referring to racist comments made by Donny supporters. I can remember similar comments made by Donny supporters about Donny supporters at a Brentford cup away game? I think the item was discussed on this forum but it may have been on 606. It was true and did happen. One perpetrator admitted it did happen and apologised for their actions.

Any action must be taken by the stewards but when you look at some of the kids they have as stewards what chance of they got to sort it out?

Which reminds me about the last game at Brentford. One elderly Brentford supporter talked his way out of being thrown out of the ground for making racist gestures. From my position behind the goals he was in the stand to the left did anyone else see the action? He kept very quiet after he was challenged but he should have been taken out.

Whatever happened to the heroes that were arrested at Hartlepool for fighting between themselves?

was he the well rounded gentleman who received chants of " youve never seen a salad "   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 28, 2013, 12:51:13 pm by the vicar »
The only chanting yesterday at the game was (one Richie Wellens)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012